Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCC Coach?
Is Holcomb going be be the new coach? :zzz:
Is Holcomb coming to LCC????? Can someone give us the answer to this wondering minds are waiting
Yes, he is. He is trying to put together a staff.
Any idea of staff other than defense?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Letcher will be good
Still wondering why they are being so silent. I talked to Will Smith and he said they was putting a package together for him. This was back on Friday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

He will be the next coach as i stated a month ago.
The biggest challenge now is putting together a staff that can help build that program and dealing with parents and fans of LCC.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Still wondering why they are being so silent. I talked to Will Smith and he said they was putting a package together for him. This was back on Friday.

Coach Holcomb is going to be the next head coach. He wants to have a press conference next week as he did not want to take away publicity from the girls basketball team who is getting ready for the state tournament this week. My understanding is that he is also going to Bowling Green. He is already winning brownie points with people in the community with his low key unselfish actions. The deal has been finalized.
Thanks Orange!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Mike is a Class Act. He will Win at LCC and do it the Right Way. Good Luck.
Letcher County Central High School will be conducting a press conference on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 2:30 p.m. in the Lobby of the high school to formally announce the hiring of a new Head Football Coach per AD Ozz Jackson
Thanks for the info!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Who is going to be on the coaching staff?
I hope Letcher gets there football program back where they want it. They put a lot of money into that program and they deserve to do well. I think Mike Halcomb will turn things around tremendously.
Glad to hear! I guess it will be Holcomb right? If so excellent hire for the Cougars. Will any assistants be coming with him or will they just keep the same staff we have had?
Still don't know about assistants. Waiting game on that too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Wonder what kind of weightroom regimen he has? That is a lacking area at LCC and a good steady program would help so much.
The preliminary word on assistants is: Pretty much the left over staff will be back working with Holcomb with the possible addition of Delano Thomas coming back to run the defense (pretty much done deal), Jay Perkins helping with defense, Larry Maggard "O" Line, maybe letting Kettler stay on as a position coach, Jonathan Adams working with WR's and DB's and Holcomb is going to run the offense. Not sure about Chad Bates yet as to whether he's going to keep running a feeder program or may help at the high school as it's yet to be determined. That leaves McCauley running his Neon feeder program, Matthews running the Cougar Middle program and probably Bates running the Lower Letcher feeder program, not sure how he's going to use these guys as far as high school program goes. Hear he's looking for somebody that knows the kids well to run his freshmen team for him. Now you know as well as I do that this could change and someone may be brought in to be a coordinator or additional staff members added. However, if Holcomb can get these guys to buy into his rebuilding of the program it's not a bad staff to have. People condemn Maggard because of his lack luster success as a head coach but in reality he is a heck of an offensive line coach and that along with defense will need to be the focus of this rebuilding of the program. I think that Perkins and Thomas would do a fine job together on the defensive side of the ball. Well this is what the rumor mill is producing but I guess we will have to wait and see if it's true rumors.
Our middle school and especially our freshman is critical to get our program to where it needs to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Mike Holcomb will do well at LCC.
Good luck to Holcomb. Hope it works out.
UkisN1 do you know when we are starting spring practice?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Someone was saying it starts this week
Blue fan Wrote:Someone was saying it starts this week

Mike told me it would start this Week.
Lambert #1 Wrote:The preliminary word on assistants is: Pretty much the left over staff will be back working with Holcomb with the possible addition of Delano Thomas coming back to run the defense (pretty much done deal), Jay Perkins helping with defense, Larry Maggard "O" Line, maybe letting Kettler stay on as a position coach, Jonathan Adams working with WR's and DB's and Holcomb is going to run the offense. Not sure about Chad Bates yet as to whether he's going to keep running a feeder program or may help at the high school as it's yet to be determined. That leaves McCauley running his Neon feeder program, Matthews running the Cougar Middle program and probably Bates running the Lower Letcher feeder program, not sure how he's going to use these guys as far as high school program goes. Hear he's looking for somebody that knows the kids well to run his freshmen team for him. Now you know as well as I do that this could change and someone may be brought in to be a coordinator or additional staff members added. However, if Holcomb can get these guys to buy into his rebuilding of the program it's not a bad staff to have. People condemn Maggard because of his lack luster success as a head coach but in reality he is a heck of an offensive line coach and that along with defense will need to be the focus of this rebuilding of the program. I think that Perkins and Thomas would do a fine job together on the defensive side of the ball. Well this is what the rumor mill is producing but I guess we will have to wait and see if it's true rumors.

Delano Thomas is a great pick up. I can well remember his days back in Elkhorn City. Holcomb's staff just got much better.