Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secretive Mayo could be headed to USC
O.J. Mayo is on an unofficial visit, and it's not to Manhattan, Kan.

According to sources, the 6-foot-4 guard and Scout's top-ranked player in the Class of 2007 is currently on a visit to The University of Southern California.

Mayo arrived in Los Angeles on Wednesday night and will leave on Friday.

Mayo has been less than forthcoming about schools he is considering in the past. Many people have speculated that he'd wind up at Kansas State after Bob Huggins took the job in Manhattan. However, this is a clear indication that Mayo is seriously considering playing for Tim Floyd at USC.

Floyd is a former NBA coach and, according to sources, that's appealing to Mayo. USC has also built a new multi-million-dollar facility scheduled to open in September, and Mayo also likes the fact that he can play in a major city and help build a program.

If Mayo winds up at USC, don't be surprised to see North College High (Ohio) teammate Bill Walker (Scout.com, No. 7) follow him to L.A.

Mayo and Walker are scheduled to attend the Reebok ABCD Camp next week. Mayo is the two-time Mr. Basketball in Ohio, and Walker averaged 21.7 points last season at North College Hill. There was speculation that they could be headed elsewhere for their final season of high school, but sources maintain that they will likely finish their careers at North College Hill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Well I hope he goes there,they have a great school
i wish the best to mayo and walker in their decesions
I'd like to see them go to play at uk
As of last week Walker still hadn't been declared eligible to play his senior season in Ohio due to his time at Rose Hill. They're trying to decide if he has already used his four years of playing since being a freshman. Rose Hill had him listed as a 9th grader but when he went to NCH he enrolled as a 8th grader.
has mayo been let back in school after he was suspended for fighting
why usc? they dont have a good basketball program
golfman42 Wrote:why usc? they dont have a good basketball program
i cant uderstand it either, i figured a sec team was in mayos sights