Sep 7, 13 North Laurel home 5:30 PM
Sep 13, 13 South Laurel home 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 13 Whitley County away 7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13 Leslie County away 7:30 PM
Oct 4, 13 Knox Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13 Breathitt County home 7:30 PM
Oct 18, 13 Russell County home 8:00 PM
Oct 25, 13 Rockcastle County away 7:30 PM
Looks to be a pretty good schedule for clay. Don't really see many easy game on there other than south laurel.
Tough Schedule, I can see us beating South, Leslie, with North, Rock, Perry being a toss up. If we can step up and overcome the loss of our seniors we should be alright.
I think the Perry vs Clay game to start the season will be a great measuring stick for both teams. Clay has a tough schedule ahead of them, best of luck this year Tigers.
north has everyone back should be there best year in a long time
I am glad Clay put us on their schedule. That says a lot about their coaches and players and program. I just don't understand why Harlan County has such a hard time getting games. It is not like we are world beaters. Just some mountain boys like everybody else around this area. We welcome Clay coaches, players, and fans to the new field and stadium this year. It will be our first home opener at the beginning of a season. We are happy you will be a part of it. I would say the field and stadlum will be dedicated that night.
Nice schedule for Clay Co. Only 4 home games, tough games away. I see a 4 - 6 record, maybe.
I see Clay beating Rockastle, and South Laurel bout it.
Clay has a tough schedule. Can't wait to see what happens.
How is this years team looking? How many kids are out? It def seems like a tough schedule.
rc58 Wrote:I see Clay beating Rockastle, and South Laurel bout it.

this years rock team will be better than last year u can bet on that,and by the way clays big line is gone now.
What happens to the kids at Clay County when they get to high school? It seems like this program has a lot of success at the middle school level and none at the high school level.
Norm Peterson Wrote:What happens to the kids at Clay County when they get to high school? It seems like this program has a lot of success at the middle school level and none at the high school level.
Hadn't had a losing season since '03 until 2011 and the season from hell. 1-10 that season, 4-7 last year. The seniors last year played for 3 head coaches in 4 years. They have a good young head coach who isn't going anywhere. So Norm, Clay has won a game or two. :Thumbs:
Norm Peterson Wrote:What happens to the kids at Clay County when they get to high school? It seems like this program has a lot of success at the middle school level and none at the high school level.

I would imagine its a lot of the same things that happen at the Pulaski County schools.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would imagine its a lot of the same things that happen at the Pulaski County schools.

The 3 schools in Pulaski County have 8 District Titles, 6 Region Titles and a State Runner-Up finish between them in the last 4 seasons.
Is most of that Somerset?
BIG TONY Wrote:Is most of that Somerset?

Somerset has 4 Districts and 4 Regions, Pulaski County has 3 Districts and 1 Region and Southwestern 1 District and 1 Region.
Norm Peterson Wrote:The 3 schools in Pulaski County have 8 District Titles, 6 Region Titles and a State Runner-Up finish between them in the last 4 seasons.

Thats hardly the success they gained while in middle school with state titles...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats hardly the success they gained while in middle school with state titles...

The middle school championship doesn't include nearly all the teams that compete for the high school championships. I'd say pretty much all of the programs in the eastern part of the state except for Bell County, Harlan County, Belfry and Hazard would love to "only" be that successful. 6 Final Four appearances in 4 years equates very well with middle school championships won vs a partial field.
Norm Peterson Wrote:The middle school championship doesn't include nearly all the teams that compete for the high school championships. I'd say pretty much all of the programs in the eastern part of the state except for Bell County, Harlan County, Belfry and Hazard would love to "only" be that successful. 6 Final Four appearances in 4 years equates very well with middle school championships won vs a partial field.

Your words, not mine.
If they can overcome the lose of all the many talented players they lost they could have a decent season. But seeing all the talent they had last year and the way the season turned out I don't see them having that good of a year. But you never know its a game of heart and allot of hard work. Hope the best for the tigers this season.

I think Clay may give Russell Co all they want. Clay has a couple of returning players that looked really good last year, especially one RB. Russell Co may end up being the bottom dweller in the district this year. Russell Co has to play Rock away, so don't be to hasty to count that game as a win. What happened when Russell Co took their "star studded" team to Rock two years ago? Britt, Mann and company went home with a BIG L. Russell has lost a lot of good talent, and it will not be easily replaced, especially Mann and Britt (not to mention the linemen and skill players on defense). It may not be easy to win without the talent you have had in the past few years. Good luck, you will need it this year.
The Tigers lose a lot up front. Clay's best teams over the years have come when they have some speed and a line that can compete with the best in the mountains. A la 2010-2011 season when they were 8-4. Senior led with size on line. As for now, I'm curious of what Carr will do at running back. We know he has the wheels, but will the gaps be there?
Clay County (WYMT) -- Same face, new territory. The Clay County Tigers will have the same head coach as last season, which is some consistency they have not had in recent years.

"This is the first year in the last three that our team has gone into spring practice with a head coach for spring practice," second-year head coach Evan Napier said.

With 72 percent of the offense returning, Napier is excited about the experience he has to work with this season. Quarterback Ryan Holland and running back Sam Carr combined for 28 touchdowns in 2012.

"This will be is their third year starting,” Napier said. “They started as freshman as well and they've got a lot of games under their belts and our kids respect them, our kids respond well to them.”

“Having the quarterback back for the next two years is basically like having another coach during the game, which makes our job a lot easier as coaches."

There is a hard-nosed mentality focused on improving on the defensive side of the ball, and a combined 10 starters are back on both sides.

"Last year was a lot different than this year,” senior defensive back Phillip Sester said. “We had guys that didn't want to be there, didn't want to work hard. But everyone works hard, everyone wants to be here and I say we should have a pretty solid defense."

Clay County will open up its schedule against Perry Central – one of the four teams they beat a season ago. And with everyone coming together, the opener could be one of many wins in 2013.

"It's a lot better out there this year,”senior wide out Joseph Gray said. “Everybody is really coming together as a team and is playing as one team than worrying about themselves. We're coming together this year. We're really clicking."

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...95951.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I wouldn't count South Laurel out so quick, I watched them put up a pretty good fight against Knox Central at Artemis.
2 days till scrimmage. How are the tigers looking? Can they handle Bell in this scrimmage?
SEastKYFootball Wrote:I wouldn't count South Laurel out so quick, I watched them put up a pretty good fight against Knox Central at Artemis.
How many days were they at camp?
Call your coach to ask about camp. This is about Clay, not South. Camp is not important now. What about Tigers how are they progressing?
HonestJohn Wrote:I think Clay may give Russell Co all they want. Clay has a couple of returning players that looked really good last year, especially one RB. Russell Co may end up being the bottom dweller in the district this year. Russell Co has to play Rock away, so don't be to hasty to count that game as a win. What happened when Russell Co took their "star studded" team to Rock two years ago? Britt, Mann and company went home with a BIG L. Russell has lost a lot of good talent, and it will not be easily replaced, especially Mann and Britt (not to mention the linemen and skill players on defense). It may not be easy to win without the talent you have had in the past few years. Good luck, you will need it this year.

What do you see the final scores to be for Clay vs Russell and Russell vs Rockcastle??? Obviously, you must feel that Clay will win over Rock.
Clay County will miss the horses they have had up front the last couple of years.