Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 61 Scott Co 56 OT, 11th
Final
This was a fun game to watch! Scott County made a good comeback to force overtime on Trent Gilbert's fade-away jumper with 6.6 seconds left, but Catholic made a some big shots in overtime to pull it out. Johnson for Catholic nailed a deep, deep, 3 midway through overtime that put them up 3. That shot kind of broke Scott County's back and they couldn't punch in a field goal after that. This is a heck of a rivalry!
Thought Scott Co. would win this game. I thought they had some really nice guards. Congrats Lex. Cath
This may have been Billy Hicks' best coaching job of his career. They had some big wins and a good record with an undersized team with no athletes. This team reminded me of the 82/83 Evarts team Hicks coached. Player for player, they shouldn't have been within 15 points of Lex Cath or Henry Clay. However, they did play extremely hard. A poor shooting night is what cost them last night.

It was a great atmosphere for a regional tournament. It was a sell-out at EKU's McBrayer Arena. I wish they would move the tournament to Memorial Coliseum at UK. More seats.
Great win Catholic
This was a really exciting game from start to finish!!! Both teams deserve credit for the entertainment they provided!.... The 11th region is arguably the most competable region in the state! And it showed tonight!!!