Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Holcomb hired as Letcher Central Head Coach
Good luck to all involved in however this turns out. I have to reply to some things posted about coaching salaries/booster money. Every year a school is required to complete a Title IX report and send the the KHSAA by April 15. Included in that report is the salary and incentives for all coaches provided by the school district/boosters/or other sources. The principal, superintendent, and chairman of the BOE is required to sign that the information is correct. So, are people saying that these people are committing fraud and allowing tax evasion? The KHSAA does random Title IX audits yearly which include several items including interviews with school administrators, coaches, student athletes, boosters and parents. Therefore, the three people mentioned above would sign that form knowing about some inappropriate funding of a coaches' salary.
Can someon change title of thread. It is now official. Press Conference was today. Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Any details about the Press Conference for those of us watching from a distance? Any word about staff or other interesting info?
Staff not mentioned. He pretty much said it isn't a instant fix.Stand by and I will post quotes from our paper.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

http://www.themountaineagle.com/news/201...coach.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Blackwater Wrote:Good luck to all involved in however this turns out. I have to reply to some things posted about coaching salaries/booster money. Every year a school is required to complete a Title IX report and send the the KHSAA by April 15. Included in that report is the salary and incentives for all coaches provided by the school district/boosters/or other sources. The principal, superintendent, and chairman of the BOE is required to sign that the information is correct. So, are people saying that these people are committing fraud and allowing tax evasion? The KHSAA does random Title IX audits yearly which include several items including interviews with school administrators, coaches, student athletes, boosters and parents. Therefore, the three people mentioned above would sign that form knowing about some inappropriate funding of a coaches' salary.

It is very easy to get around those Title IX issues in regards to coaches salaries. The only salaries that are included in the Title IX audits and reports are those directly tied to sports. Any salary a coach is paid outside of sports is exempt, for example a lot of coaches are given positions of full time subs, alternative school principal or things like that and do little or nothing at the school other than coach.
Thanks and best to LCC. Even a coach like Holcomb, support will have to be there. Time and Consistency are key.
Who replaces him at Breathitt?
Blackwater Wrote:So, are people saying that these people are committing fraud and allowing tax evasion?

Precisely.

When a booster steps up on your porch at 9:30pm and knocks on your door and hands you an envelope stuffed with cash as compensation for your services as assistant coach, you can be sure it isn't reported by the school and no taxes are paid by the recipient.
Kyle Moore will be the next coach....i wish him luck
The next big question is will Halcomb bring his own QB? Better bring some lineman for sure.
I look for Breathitt to try to get Justin Haddix to come to Breathitt now. But Kyle Moore would probably do a great job.

Coach Halcomb will make Letcher Central instantly better. This was a great hire for LCC. Halcomb still has some good years left in him. Next up, will John Paul Chapman come over and help him?