Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no #1, just some # 6's
You lose to Minnesota you're NOT #1. You lose to Wake Forest, you're
not #1. You lose by 24, you're not #1. You lose 5 games with no big road win, you're not #1. You lose by 23 to Mich St, you're not #1.

Just go down the list. You just can't make a convincing case to rank
anyone #1. The closest you can come is Gonzaga, and they'll be #1
in the polls next week. And look almost certain now to get a #1 seed.
And if you think they don't deserve it, you're kidding yourself.
Not because they're great, but because NO ONE is.

This year it's going to be draw a name out of a hat come NCAA time.
Go back and see my final four prediction, it will tell you all you need to know.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Go back and see my final four prediction, it will tell you all you need to know.

Where/when
Observing Wrote:You lose to Minnesota you're NOT #1. You lose to Wake Forest, you're
not #1. You lose by 24, you're not #1. You lose 5 games with no big road win, you're not #1. You lose by 23 to Mich St, you're not #1.

Just go down the list. You just can't make a convincing case to rank
anyone #1. The closest you can come is Gonzaga, and they'll be #1
in the polls next week. And look almost certain now to get a #1 seed.
And if you think they don't deserve it, you're kidding yourself.
Not because they're great, but because NO ONE is.

This year it's going to be draw a name out of a hat come NCAA time.
You are cracking me up with your Tubby hatred. Indiana split with UK last season with virtually the same team. This IU team has almost a full season of additional experience under their belt but because they lost to a top 15 RPI team, which has played the toughest schedule in the country this season, you claim that they cannot possibly be the #1 team in the country.

Gonzaga has played a schedule of cupcakes and it really does not matter if they get a #1 seed or not - it is doubtful that their weak schedule has prepared them to be a real threat to take the title home. Minnesota has as good or better chance of winning the title, IMO, and they are a longshot.

When a field has no clear cut favorites, teams that have experience and great coaching rise to the top. That's where great coaches like Tubby who bring battle tested, experienced teams into the tournament shine. Confusednicker:
Observing Wrote:Where/when

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im gonna say Wichita State, Providence, St. Mary's and Butler

There ya go
Tubby is #1!
New Township in Minnesota!

Orlando, Minnesota!!!
Well Ive said this since day 1. We have about 15 teams that can win it all this year and about 68 that will have a shot at the Final Four! How anybody expects a team to go undefeated is beyond me. No team will go undefeated. UK couldnt do it last year as good as they were and they played in the cupcake SEC conference. Indiana, UL, Syracuse, KU Duke sure isnt going to do in the conferences they play in. Gonzaga, who have they beat that you could say they are the top team? Their conference is just as poor as the SEC. Sure they will get the ranking but they are just not a great team. IU is still the best team in my opinion. If the zags do deserve a 1 seed in the tourney but they are a long shot from the #1 team
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Well Ive said this since day 1. We have about 15 teams that can win it all this year and about 68 that will have a shot at the Final Four! How anybody expects a team to go undefeated is beyond me. No team will go undefeated. UK couldnt do it last year as good as they were and they played in the cupcake SEC conference. Indiana, UL, Syracuse, KU Duke sure isnt going to do in the conferences they play in. Gonzaga, who have they beat that you could say they are the top team? Their conference is just as poor as the SEC. Sure they will get the ranking but they are just not a great team. IU is still the best team in my opinion. If the zags do deserve a 1 seed in the tourney but they are a long shot from the #1 team

Just as poor? Are we saying the SEC is the worst conference in the country? I understand that the SEC has been down for a number of years, but I mean come on. It's probably the second worst BCS conference just ahead of the PAC-12. The SEC is better than the A-10 and the Mountain West, I don't care what anyone says.
To me the SEC is no better than any of those conferences. You have the Big 10, Big East, ACC, and Big 12 and the rest are terrible
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You are cracking me up with your Tubby hatred. Indiana split with UK last season with virtually the same team. This IU team has almost a full season of additional experience under their belt but because they lost to a top 15 RPI team, which has played the toughest schedule in the country this season, you claim that they cannot possibly be the #1 team in the country.

Gonzaga has played a schedule of cupcakes and it really does not matter if they get a #1 seed or not - it is doubtful that their weak schedule has prepared them to be a real threat to take the title home. Minnesota has as good or better chance of winning the title, IMO, and they are a longshot.

When a field has no clear cut favorites, teams that have experience and great coaching rise to the top. That's where great coaches like Tubby who bring battle tested, experienced teams into the tournament shine. Confusednicker:

You'd think that with what they had coming back, and the additions they
WOULD be a solid #1 this year. Pretty obvious they are NOT.

As for "great coach" Tubby{forgive me it took a few minutes to
dry the tears fo laughter enough to continue typing} rising to
the occasion, I'd LOVE to see him face Gonzaga in the tnmt.
It would be probably the only matchup with a guaranteed
outcome, BULLDOGS.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You are cracking me up with your Tubby hatred. Indiana split with UK last season with virtually the same team. This IU team has almost a full season of additional experience under their belt but because they lost to a top 15 RPI team, which has played the toughest schedule in the country this season, you claim that they cannot possibly be the #1 team in the country.

BTW, Gonazaga's win at Oklahoma State was a better win than any
the Tubster had before the IU game. And the Zag's 1 poiint loss at
Butler is probably a better performance than all but 2-3 of his wins.
This year's Gopher team is just cold hard evidence of how mistaken
the RPI can be.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
[Image: http://gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads...-15-13.gif]

The Tubby Shake.
Observing Wrote:BTW, Gonazaga's win at Oklahoma State was a better win than any
the Tubster had before the IU game. And the Zag's 1 poiint loss at
Butler is probably a better performance than all but 2-3 of his wins.
This year's Gopher team is just cold hard evidence of how mistaken
the RPI can be.
:hilarious: Please, stop it! You are killing me and embarrassing yourself!

Minnesota's quality wins:

Then #19, now #19 Memphis 84-75
Then #19, now #9 Michigan St. 76-63
Then #12, now 20-9 but unranked Illiniois 84-67
Then #20 Wisconsin, now #17 Wisconsin 58-53
Then and now #1 Indiana 77-73

Gonzaga would love to have a couple of those wins. As for the Zag's one-point loss at Butler being better than "all but 2-3" of Tubby's wins, Butler played without its leading scorer (and best shooter in the country), Rotnei Clarke when Gonzaga gave the Bulldogs a scare.

BTW, Gonzaga and Minnesota have at least one common opponent. Gonzaga lost at home to Illinois 85-74. Minnesota beat Illinois 84-67 on the road and then lost to the Illini at home 57-53. Gonzaga is certainly good enough to beat Minnesota on a good night, but there is no "cold hard evidence" that it would be easy.

Your "logic" that any team that loses to Minnesota is overrated because Tubby is a "mediocre" coach is flawed - and I am being way too kind with my description of your basketball IQ. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote::hilarious: Please, stop it! You are killing me and embarrassing yourself!

Minnesota's quality wins:

Then #19, now #19 Memphis 84-75
Then #19, now #9 Michigan St. 76-63
Then #12, now 20-9 but unranked Illiniois 84-67
Then #20 Wisconsin, now #17 Wisconsin 58-53
Then and now #1 Indiana 77-73

Gonzaga would love to have a couple of those wins. As for the Zag's one-point loss at Butler being better than "all but 2-3" of Tubby's wins, Butler played without its leading scorer (and best shooter in the country), Rotnei Clarke when Gonzaga gave the Bulldogs a scare.

BTW, Gonzaga and Minnesota have at least one common opponent. Gonzaga lost at home to Illinois 85-74. Minnesota beat Illinois 84-67 on the road and then lost to the Illini at home 57-53. Gonzaga is certainly good enough to beat Minnesota on a good night, but there is no "cold hard evidence" that it would be easy.

Your "logic" that any team that loses to Minnesota is overrated because Tubby is a "mediocre" coach is flawed - and I am being way too kind with my description of your basketball IQ. :biggrin:

an alternate defitinion of basketball i.q. could be
what Hoot Gibson is totally lacking. Of course it applies
to the other 7 people left in America who think Tubby
is any more than a pedestrian coach. it's really odd that
3 of them post on this forum. The rest all post from the
same internet account in none house in Minnesota, address
is Listed under an O. Smith.