Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All-Star Team
Let's make an All-star team from the 15th region, just list your team by position. List 3 pitchers also. I'll post mine later.
Robert Gannon-Catcher/Pitcher/2nd base
Cody Salyer- Pitcher/SS/2nd base
Is this for 2006 season or 2007??
P -- Andersen - Pikeville
P -- Fyffe - Johnson Central
P -- Little - Allen Central
P -- Grimm -- Paintsville
C -- Tim Hayes -- Lawrence County
1B -- Brandon May -- Sheldon Clark **I know he is out of position but I want him on this team.
2B -- Justin Jacobs - Allen Central
SS -- Braxton Lafferty -- Sheldon Clark
3B -- Tyler Turner -- Allen Central
LF -- Daniel Pugh -- Paintsville
CF -- Weston Robinson -- Pikeville
RF -- Kevin Williams -- Paintsville
DH -- Brock Kidd -- Allen Central

** I'd take this team anyday and play anyone in the state.
Pacman Wrote:P -- Andersen - Pikeville
1B -- Brandon May -- Sheldon Clark **I know he is out of position but I want him on this team.

I like this list, but I would have to squeeze Chase Huffman in the pitching rotation somewhere
Pacman Wrote:P -- Andersen - Pikeville

Justin Blanton has to be on this list. JMO
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Justin Blanton has to be on this list. JMO
He may have been the best pitcher in the 15th region this year. Maybe the best all around player. Period.
bigcountry Wrote:He may have been the best pitcher in the 15th region this year. Maybe the best all around player. Period.
I agree
Daniel Harless Has to be on this list. Led off Batter that batted over .300 On the region championship team. Play a good third base. Caught when Josh Maynard wasn't able to go. Up there in HBP and walks
I agree with you 100 percent book keeper.
From the looks of things, you could have a red team, a white team, and blue team .... this might appease everyone and keep down a lot of harsh words on here.
NOW THAT IS HILARIOUS. HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT HE COULD BE THE BEST PITCHER? THAT WHOLE COMMENT IS HILARIOUS:lmao:

bigcountry Wrote:He may have been the best pitcher in the 15th region this year. Maybe the best all around player. Period.
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:NOW THAT IS HILARIOUS. HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT HE COULD BE THE BEST PITCHER? THAT WHOLE COMMENT IS HILARIOUS:lmao:

Heck he was named Big Sandy News' Player of the Year, and that pretty much covers most of the 15th. So congrats to Justin on that accomplishment.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Heck he was named Big Sandy News' Player of the Year, and that pretty much covers most of the 15th. So congrats to Justin on that accomplishment.

That is some accomplishment! Congrats!!!:rockon:
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Justin Blanton has to be on this list. JMO

I agree that he is as good as anyone on the list. He is a heck of a player, and deserves recognition. It came down to him and Braxton Lafferty at SS. I gave Lafferty the edge due to senior leadership and experience. You could also argue putting him at second over Jacobs, but I felt Jacobs more of a natural second baseman. This was my vote though. Everyone has there own. Not saying mine is perfect by any means, but this is just who I would pick. In future years Blanton will be top of my list. He is near the top now, but this is just who I selected for this past year.

My honorable mentions would be Chase Huffman, Justin Blanton, ?? Conley, Shane Sturgill, Morgan Roberts, Nick Music, David West, Aaron Chapman, Dillon Stiltner, Tyler Smith, Josh Rodebaugh, Brandon Thacker, Sublett, Andrew Brown
Pacman Wrote:I agree that he is as good as anyone on the list. He is a heck of a player, and deserves recognition. It came down to him and Braxton Lafferty at SS. I gave Lafferty the edge due to senior leadership and experience. You could also argue putting him at second over Jacobs, but I felt Jacobs more of a natural second baseman. This was my vote though. Everyone has there own. Not saying mine is perfect by any means, but this is just who I would pick. In future years Blanton will be top of my list. He is near the top now, but this is just who I selected for this past year.

My honorable mentions would be Chase Huffman, Justin Blanton, ?? Conley, Shane Sturgill, Morgan Roberts, Nick Music, David West, Aaron Chapman, Dillon Stiltner, Tyler Smith, Josh Rodebaugh, Brandon Thacker, Sublett, Andrew Brown

I'm with the pacman on this one, as I feel that Lafferty was a more valuable player to his team and helped them to a regional title. Blanton is one heck of a player and has one year left. Mike Conley is the kid from JCHS, that I suppose you're referring to as he was the Eagles #3 pitcher. And Sublett's first name is Kyle. I haven't posted my team yet because I can't come up with 2B without looking like a homer. Who was Pikeville's second baseman?
These sound pretty good
Pacman Wrote:I agree that he is as good as anyone on the list. He is a heck of a player, and deserves recognition. It came down to him and Braxton Lafferty at SS. I gave Lafferty the edge due to senior leadership and experience. You could also argue putting him at second over Jacobs, but I felt Jacobs more of a natural second baseman. This was my vote though. Everyone has there own. Not saying mine is perfect by any means, but this is just who I would pick. In future years Blanton will be top of my list. He is near the top now, but this is just who I selected for this past year.

The Big Sandy News had him as their third baseman, but I dont think anybody else in the region was more dominant on the mound this season, especially against regional competition.
Here goes mine:

P- Justin Blanton --Johnson Central
P- Tyler Turner -- Allen Central
P- Shane Grim --Paintsville
P- Matt Fyffe--Johnson Central
C-Tim Hayes-- Lawrence County
1B-Aaron Chapman--Belfry
2B-Justin Anderson--Pikeville
SS-Braxton Lafferty--Sheldon Clark
3B-Daniel Pugh--Paintsville
Utility-Brandon May--Sheldon Clark
LF-Scott Little--Allen Central
CF-Weston Robinson--Pikeville
RF-Kevin Williams--Paintsville
DH-Brock Kidd--Allen Central

Blanton has to be on there somewhere. He lead the area or was near the top in every category pitching wise , hitting wise, and on the basepaths, stat wise. I think he had around 30 stolen bases and was only thrown out once all season. I think that his versatility in all phases was the basis for the BSN POY selection. There is no way you can leave him off. He threw (2) no-hitters this season, as well as had a microscopic ERA and was near the top in K's,so I'll put him on the mound on this team. Again there is no one in the region that had his season on the mound. A no-hitter is a once in a lifetime dream for most pitchers, but to have 2 in one season is a great acheivement at any level.

Behind the plate was close but I'll go with Hayes closely over Sturgill.

My list has a slightly different twist, but there are a few players that you could flip-flop around and justify their being included on this team that are not on it. Anderson and Little could be on the team as pitchers as well as Turner could be on it as a position player. You could perhaps put Daniel Pugh in the utility player role due to his versatility. You can mix it around several different ways.

JMO
rooster Wrote:Here goes mine:

P- Justin Blanton --Johnson Central
P- Tyler Turner -- Allen Central
P- Shane Grim --Paintsville
P- Matt Fyffe--Johnson Central
C-Tim Hayes-- Lawrence County
1B-Aaron Chapman--Belfry
2B-Justin Anderson--Pikeville
SS-Braxton Lafferty--Sheldon Clark
3B-Daniel Pugh--Paintsville
Utility-Brandon May--Sheldon Clark
LF-Scott Little--Allen Central
CF-Weston Robinson--Pikeville
RF-Kevin Williams--Paintsville
DH-Brock Kidd--Allen Central

Blanton has to be on there somewhere. He lead the area or was near the top in every category pitching wise , hitting wise, and on the basepaths, stat wise. I think he had around 30 stolen bases and was only thrown out once all season. I think that his versatility in all phases was the basis for the BSN POY selection. There is no way you can leave him off. He threw (2) no-hitters this season, as well as had a microscopic ERA and was near the top in K's,so I'll put him on the mound on this team. Again there is no one in the region that had his season on the mound. A no-hitter is a once in a lifetime dream for most pitchers, but to have 2 in one season is a great acheivement at any level.

Behind the plate was close but I'll go with Hayes closely over Sturgill.

My list has a slightly different twist, but there are a few players that you could flip-flop around and justify their being included on this team that are not on it. Anderson and Little could be on the team as pitchers as well as Turner could be on it as a position player. You could perhaps put Daniel Pugh in the utility player role due to his versatility. You can mix it around several different ways.

JMO
I would also add that it would be more appropriate IMO to also add Kyle Sublett as being the DH. I could not edit it fast enough, but he would be my choice in another close one at the DH spot after I think about it.
Book Keeper Wrote:Daniel Harless Has to be on this list. Led off Batter that batted over .300 On the region championship team. Play a good third base. Caught when Josh Maynard wasn't able to go. Up there in HBP and walks

I agree
Smile
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:NOW THAT IS HILARIOUS. HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT HE COULD BE THE BEST PITCHER? THAT WHOLE COMMENT IS HILARIOUS:lmao:
You're the only one I see laughing. Do you have a mirror beside your computer screen?Smile
You are forgetting that Blanton threw his one no-hitter against either Shelby Valley or Betsy Lane. The other one wasn't just him it was a combination of Blanton and I believe Mike Conley throwing the second no-hitter.

I can understand talking about no-hitters, but not when they are thrown against Betsy Lane and Shelby Valley.
FaStPiTcH Wrote:You are forgetting that Blanton threw his one no-hitter against either Shelby Valley or Betsy Lane. The other one wasn't just him it was a combination of Blanton and I believe Mike Conley throwing the second no-hitter.

I can understand talking about no-hitters, but not when they are thrown against Betsy Lane and Shelby Valley.
How many have you thrown over your career? One he threw was against Hazard, the other was against Betsy Lane. I dont think you ever threw one against Betsy Lane or anyone else have you? I doubt that anyone else threw no-nos against BL or Hazard either last season for that matter. So it is a pretty good accomplishment and something that you wasn't able to do yourself. Maybe you just need to try working a little harder yourself for once in your life, and not be jealous of a teammate that works his butt off.
looking at these lists, i see that not a lot of pikeville players are mentioned at all. lets not forget pikeville was 25-10 and regional fav's until getting beat in a great game to the regional champs sheldon clark 3-2. justin anderson(ss), chase huffman(p), and matt sexton© should all be on this list or at least honorable mention. justin anderson was one of the co-aces on the pitching staff, one of the best-fielding IF in the region and batted well over 400 this yr (setting the record for most hits in a career at pikeville). chase huffman maybe didnt have the best W-L record out there but had the best stuff, i mean the guy signed a Div-1 scholarship, and sexton if my stats are right caught both of these pitchers and everyone else every single game this yr, solid behind the plate, batted at or over .400, and i think got HBP like 16 or 17 times setting a PHS record so i think his onbase percentage was close to .600...

those are the three players i like to be on this list...