Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson County 77 Shelby County 37
Final

Anderson County sophomore Austin Cummins scored 36 points, including 27 in the first half.
No class on Andersons part for running up the score last night. Starters still in the game with a running clock. Drury and Hyatts day will come.
Congrats AC
Tommy2tone Wrote:No class on Andersons part for running up the score last night. Starters still in the game with a running clock. Drury and Hyatts day will come.
When has AC ever exhibited class!!
Well I'm not sure where that comment came from...but...good win by Anderson, especially after getting beat by a bad Franklin Co. team last Friday night and after blowing a big lead and losing to Shelby earlier in the year. They kind of needed a statment game, and maybe this was it. I wasn't able to be at the game last night so I can't comment on what actually went on, but maybe Drury wanted his kids getting some time in to get on the same page and prep for next game. Have to do that sometime. Of course you run the chance of maybe a starter getting an injury playing after the game has been decided, but I guess thats the chance you take if the kids need some work, and like I said after losing to Franklin, they may have needed the work. The decision to do something like that isn't always black and white.
I was surprised that Coach Drury left his starters in for so long as well.

Anderson was absolutely on fire last night, shooing 72% for the game.