Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refs suck
Just wondering if they know who is calling the Pike Co championship. Seems like the refs are letting people hang off the Belfry bigs and calling everything they can against them. When a kid has their hands straight up their is no way it can be called a blocking foul. I have set back and watched time and time again kids just lower their shoulders and run into the big boys and blocking fouls get called. Just because they dont hit their butts in an attempt to draw a charge it shouldnt be called blocking. They have as much right to the spot as the offensive man. They aint going up swatting at the ball and swinging down so how is it a foul. I look at my rule book, yes i use to ref, and cant find where you cant leave your feet either. I was told that by an official during the Dorton game that a defensive player cant leave there feet and not foul. LOL, not going to start talking about the jokers that called that game but thats what he said. Anyone else notice how the games have been getting called.
You are right
The point guard from Belfry walks every time he jump stops and then steps through and shoots a runner.
You should be happy, because the woman ref was on your side today. It was so obvious.

:truestory:
Watch the game film and tell me Bentley shouldve been called for 3 of the 5 fouls they called. So not sure how you can say they was on our side.
You need to slow the game film down and watch his feet when he jump stops. It aint a walk. He picks the ball up at the right time to after he leaves his feet. so its not a walk. take the time to slow the game down cause he is just to fast for your eyes.
Belfry fought back hard and really earned this win.
proud44pirate Wrote:You need to slow the game film down and watch his feet when he jump stops. It aint a walk. He picks the ball up at the right time to after he leaves his feet. so its not a walk. take the time to slow the game down cause he is just to fast for your eyes.

What the ****????
The officiating has been bad this whole tournament there has been walks that wasn't called and fouls as well, I think they should get KHSAA officials for tournament games...
BluegrassHoops1972 Wrote:The officiating has been bad this whole tournament there has been walks that wasn't called and fouls as well, I think they should get KHSAA officials for tournament games...

They did

.:truestory:
One refs girls high school and one refs boys.
I think I'd get better quality lol next year
Someone is always gonna complain about the refs no matter the outcome.
All refs struggle at times.
They are human
Warthog Wrote:What the ****????

It's called a pro hop. Occasionally, Cameron walks during this move, but most times he does not. He just covers more space with his jump stop than most. What do most coaches teach players to do when he/she picks up his/her dribble? Jump stop.
BluegrassHoops1972 Wrote:I think I'd get better quality lol next year

Both of them have done state tournament games before
ImagineThat! Wrote:It's called a pro hop. Occasionally, Cameron walks during this move, but most times he does not. He just covers more space with his jump stop than most. What do most coaches teach players to do when he/she picks up his/her dribble? Jump stop.

All I am saying is that I know what a pro hop (jump stop) is, but to me, it looked like most of them were pro hops + a skip.
Congrats to Belfry on the win though
My main complaint with the officiating in the 5 games I've watched in the Pike County Tournament is lack of consistency. One trip down the court, players get to bang. The next trip the refs call a touch foul that does not impede the play. This makes it difficult for players to get in a rhythm.
Warthog Wrote:All I am saying is that I know what a pro hop (jump stop) is, but to me, it looked like most of them were pro hops + a skip.
Congrats to Belfry on the win though

Occasionally, he does. Most opponents yell walk every time he does it.
Agree with the inconsistency
You need to complain less about officiating and worry about getting some quality coaches.

Coach Justice is an ok coach but he has a TON of hangers ons and parents that you guys need to get rid of.
You're funny, seriously! It's always the big boy, everyone stop picking on the big boy, jeeeeezzzzzz, get a life!!!
Funniest thing I've read in years
Bahahahaha, are u that stupid?
the big boy can take care of himself. just hate seeing kids slap and bang on him and no call then when he touches someone all you vertically challanged, that means short people, or should i say short refs they dont give him a call. if you need to see him take care of him self just tell us where and if your an idiot adult on here i can take care of you. just tell us when and where.
I know that KBA refs in Lexington, Kentucky sucks! Lol!
I've watched a lot of pike county games and it's true, what is lacking is consistency . They are not going to make all the calls but just be consistent . And you're right pirate44fAn. The bigs are call for fouls incorrectly. When the offensive player initiates the contact and the def player is "walled" whether the def player leaves their feet or not it is not a foul
proud44pirate Wrote:the big boy can take care of himself. just hate seeing kids slap and bang on him and no call then when he touches someone all you vertically challanged, that means short people, or should i say short refs they dont give him a call. if you need to see him take care of him self just tell us where and if your an idiot adult on here i can take care of you. just tell us when and where.

Wooohooo, let's get our butt kickers on and throw down....this is hilarious, I love it
To funny.
people arguing about middle school sports...can't determine if it's a basic lack of intelligence, lack of maturity, people with too much time on their hands, dad's who were underachievers trying to live through their kids or perhaps a combination of all of the above.....:igiveup:
Wildcat1 Wrote:people arguing about middle school sports...can't determine if it's a basic lack of intelligence, lack of maturity, people with too much time on their hands, dad's who were underachievers trying to live through their kids or perhaps a combination of all of the above.....:igiveup:

This is true.
Wildcat1 Wrote:people arguing about middle school sports...can't determine if it's a basic lack of intelligence, lack of maturity, people with too much time on their hands, dad's who were underachievers trying to live through their kids or perhaps a combination of all of the above.....:igiveup:
Cannot agree more! We all joke that the biggest problem in youth sports is the parents and not the kids, refs, etc. I learned to keep my mouth shut about officials when I became a baseball umpire and had to listen to parents call me all kinds of names in a 9-10 yr old game. Think its easy then people should volunteer or sign up and get out there. Officials do their best and I give them credit for getting out there and putting up with all that they do. As for challenging people to throw down over a middle school game -- that is unreal. Get a life!