Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 47 Pikeville 41: Pike County Semifinal Game Number Two
Final from East Ridge.
Great game boys. your never say die attitude paid off in a big way today. Keep playing hard, you have a tuff team to go against Monday night.
Belfry showed a lot of fight coming back after being down double digits early.
From the messages I was getting I thought they was done for. Then the score updates i was getting kept getting better. The way i was getting told Pikeville just couldnt miss from 3 point range. Belfry better be ready to play against Millard. They came back when we played them on there court in the 4 quarter. Think they outscored us 20-8 or something like that in the 4th.
I think Pikeville hit 7 of their first 8. The miss was a desperation shot at the end of the first quarter if I remember correctly. Rebounding played a huge part in Belfry's comeback.
Millard vs Belfry should be very interesting the 3 pt shooting of the mustangs against the size of Belfry and a great matchup at the point between Conn and Catron...
Congrats to Belfry on a hard fought win! Good luck Monday night! Hate that it had to end the way it did. Would like to have seen it go to OT but that possession didn't lose the game for us. I'm so proud of the effort those young men displayed this evening. A good group to be around that's for sure. They will be missed enormously.
Coach B Wrote:Congrats to Belfry on a hard fought win! Good luck Monday night! Hate that it had to end the way it did. Would like to have seen it go to OT but that possession didn't lose the game for us. I'm so proud of the effort those young men displayed this evening. A good group to be around that's for sure. They will be missed enormously.

Coach,

Your team was definitely ready to play. Shots stopped falling and a few key turnovers that led to easy baskets, along with some timely offensive rebounding, changed the game. You have done a great job with those boys this year. Good luck against Mullins on Monday.
Watching the game film I dont agree with at least three of the fouls called on Blefrys 34. Cant seem to see why refs call against the big guy so bad. They let him get hacked on then call a foul when people lower there shoulder into him. Wished there was some way to get some decent refs for the championship. Seems like they have something against Belfrys big guys.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Coach,

Your team was definitely ready to play. Shots stopped falling and a few key turnovers that led to easy baskets, along with some timely offensive rebounding, changed the game. You have done a great job with those boys this year. Good luck against Mullins on Monday.

Thanks! I really appreciate it.
Pirate isn't that been the problem with the big guys in this county, Bentley from Belfry, Adkins from Johns Creek and Wallace from Mullins usually get shafted because the are bigger and stinger than other players...
Stronger sorry for the typo lol
What happened to Johns Creek?
I figured they would be at the top of the county
Not sure what was up with them this year seen them in the preseason tourney and they looked like they could beat anybody but I guess the flame flickered out as the season carried on...
Agree
Easy answer proud44pirate, when your 16 years old and stronger than everyone else,your gonna get fouls called on you
nuttinbutnet shoots an airball with that one. best thing you can do is suck on it and take your lose. stupid.
Prout44 pirate its people like you that gives your fan base such a bad reputation.You keep talking about fouls you don't know this is basketball not football