Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball (Not including M-Boro)
I want comments on the best players, best teams, and who you think will be at Whitaker Bank this season. Middlesboro comments not allowed, due to that fact that they suck.
lol
All of you, including Clay, will be playing for 2nd again this year. We will win it again. Get use to it. South Laurel Region Champs 12.13.14. and maybe 15. To much talent. LOL :Sad04::igiveup::Clap:
South does have the deepest roster in my opinion too. My region order goes, South at 1, Harlan at 2, but that won't last long because they are simply...choke artists. I'd put Clay and North in a tie for 3rd, can't really decide who would be better. If North, Carson would be the factor because he's a threat to get on base, score, and catch every ball. Corbin at 5, Knox Central at 6, B-Ville at 7, and Middlesboro in last. Because as we all know, they really suck. Probably practice sucking baseballs through that swampy fields water hose.
1- South Laurel
2- Harlan Co.
3- North Laurel

South Laurel is loaded with baseball talent right now and for the next 3 seasons.
BobbyKeith3 Wrote:South does have the deepest roster in my opinion too. My region order goes, South at 1, Harlan at 2, but that won't last long because they are simply...choke artists. I'd put Clay and North in a tie for 3rd, can't really decide who would be better. If North, Carson would be the factor because he's a threat to get on base, score, and catch every ball. Corbin at 5, Knox Central at 6, B-Ville at 7, and Middlesboro in last. Because as we all know, they really suck. Probably practice sucking baseballs through that swampy fields water hose.

Middlesboro must have beat you bad at some point. They don't suck....if you want to have an real conversation, Middlesboro should be around 4,5,6 depending on pitching. But they did go farther than you did last year. Region Runner-up. If you want to talk region we will....but get sucking out of your head..that is all that is on your mind?
They never beat us hahaha. Bobby Keith. Clay County. I'm obviously from CC. Go look at CC vs. M-Boro recently. We beat them everytime, to death lol. I just love aggravating MHS Parent.
I agree MHS is over the top. I see where you were going with it. You guys had a great bunch 2 years ago. You have beat us the last few. We are very unproven right now. Young with a couple transfers. I just think that SL is much better right now.
HC should have a good year and will be able to see where they are the first game of the season as they play host to South. Looking forward to watching a good season of baseball.
Black Bears will be very impressive I do believe !!
If you want my honest opinion the 13th is wide open this year. Harlan will have a good staff with Boggs and Bond but you can't really count on them to do anything in the postseason. South will definitely be deep. But honestly if you think about it, if Hensley hadn't of come up short with bases loaded TWICE and not being on his game that day pitching wise, Clay could have very well beat them last year. Hoskins come in and shut South down, Clay just couldn't capitalize. Clay loses Corum and Hensley but South lost 3 intrical parts to their team as well. North lost basically all of it's offense with Storm, Eversole and Shears. Even with Carson on the basepaths it'll be tough to score runs without those 3. Oh and Middlesboro didn't impress me at all last year. Can't be much better losing Epperson and Brock. All in all it should be a great season and a exciting 13th Region tournament.
TheIceman3 Wrote:If you want my honest opinion the 13th is wide open this year. Harlan will have a good staff with Boggs and Bond but you can't really count on them to do anything in the postseason. South will definitely be deep. But honestly if you think about it, if Hensley hadn't of come up short with bases loaded TWICE and not being on his game that day pitching wise, Clay could have very well beat them last year. Hoskins come in and shut South down, Clay just couldn't capitalize. Clay loses Corum and Hensley but South lost 3 intrical parts to their team as well. North lost basically all of it's offense with Storm, Eversole and Shears. Even with Carson on the basepaths it'll be tough to score runs without those 3. Oh and Middlesboro didn't impress me at all last year. Can't be much better losing Epperson and Brock. All in all it should be a great season and a exciting 13th Region tournament.

What 3 players did SL lose that will hurt them? Simpson maybe, but other than him they didn't lose anything that they wont replace with a better player. SL's only worry should be keeping all their starting pitching healthy.
Raisedseams, Simpson wasn't even the best of the 3 seniors last year. McWhorter and Irvin both were better, Simpson just got hot during the Region. Until then he was not even a factor on most teams radar.
It's a very wide open region. No team will be dominant, well, none should that is. It's very possibly for 3-4 teams to be a championship contender. It may boil down to who gets hot at the right time. South will have pitching troubles, but Neal and Abner provide a good 1-2 punch. Harlan, has a good staff, but very inconsistent, in every sport but football. North Laurel, will rely on Carson to pack a huge load, as Thompson and Blair have to really step up. Clay will rely on speed, and good pitching. May have better hitting than expected, but only time can tell. Corbin is well coached, so they can get hot in the blink of an eye. Knox is very young. Last year they had a middle school bunch that could eat their high school. So they need time. As for anyone else, not really sure..haven't heard a lot. Will be a very fun year to be a 13th region fan!
BobbyKeith3 Wrote:Harlan, has a good staff, but very inconsistent, in every sport but football.

The girls basketball team has been in the regional finals three of the four years the school has been open.
The softball team won the district last year and advanced to the final four in the region.
The cross country teams finished first or second in the region the past couple of years.
The volleyball team has been in the regional all four years and won the district a couple of times.
Lol, all you're talking about is girls sports. If you wanna talk about girls basketball, in the past couple years or so, CC girls wrote the book on how to win region. As for the others, clay focuses on real sports, not women's softball, volleyball, or gay cross country. Keep playing with your little cross country baton, track baton, whatever it is. Because this is a post about men's sports, not whatever your 3 daughters play. And regardless, Harlan is still, grade A choke artists. Give em the Heimlich maneuver pal, and some knee pads for when that region is at home and they absolutely blow it.
You said "every sport," so I wondered what you were talking about.
I didn't say the HCHS girls had a better run than Clay, but Clay is the ONLY team that's been better.
Time for the Credibility Police to step in......

"All Sports" means just that, and girls sports are included. so BK3 has ZERO credibility and is just shooting off his ill informed mouth.
BriarCreek, in BobbyKeith's defense, when he refers to "all sports" I'm assuming he's speaking of sports that are actually relevant. Nobody actually cares about Track, Girls Basketball or Softball or stuff like that unless you have family ties to a player on that team. Let's be honest.
Finally someone with someone with some sense speaks. We all know that when someone says sports they usually mean baseball, basketball, football. That's a no brainer. I bottom lined it up there with that huge post, if you disagree, you are entitled to your opinion. But my opinion is the correct one. I could see Clay winning the region, honestly. They work hard each and every day, and they have played together all their lives.
OK, so ALL sports meant boys basketball, football and baseball. Some of us without any sense need a little more information.
Quote:I could see Clay winning the region, honestly. They work hard each and every day, and they have played together all their lives.
You just made a comment that would apply to most teams in the region.
I feel like i'm being gang raped by all you haters. I'm just an old coach in the HOF what do I know....I gave an accurate prediction up there, but suck chode HDE everyone hates you anyway bud.
I am anxious to see H.C. prove all the doubters wrong.
BlackBearMtn.Man511 Wrote:I am anxious to see H.C. prove all the doubters wrong.

There is a first time for everything. Lol
I can't wait to see Coach Keith pumping those fist when Clay is winning the region and headed to Applebee's park!
eku23 Wrote:I can't wait to see Coach Keith pumping those fist when Clay is winning the region and headed to Applebee's park!

South will have something to say about that. South wins 13 region again.
Paul baby you know i'm gonna be pumpin those fists and smokin my marlboro's. Ain't gonna have a voice left from yellin at those young south laurel honeys after we win region and STATE BABY JUST LIKE 87
Sorry, no chance of that. Really not worried about Clay as much as Harlan County. However, they have not proved they can get over the hump yet.
Dude you're an idiot for taking me seriously on that last post. Get Wynn Harris' ball bat out of your rump and have a little fun guy.