Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 76 Paintsville 70
Final.
Great team win LC will be a tough out come district time.
Paintsville did not play good at all in this one. Tiller did have a nice dunk though.
57th is so messed up lol. Gonna be a crazy district tourney!
^
Exactly what I was going to post. The 57th district tournament, will be worth the price of admission.
Where is the tourney at this year?
Magoffin
N
Nice win for lawrence the 57 district is crazy,every team is in the running. I still like jonson central if they get hall back, but who gets that runner up spot also gets in the region thats what its all about.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Paintsville did not play good at all in this one. Tiller did have a nice dunk though.

Tiller is a nice player. It was a dunk, nothing spectacular. But the best player on the floor last night was not Tiller, but a freshman from Lawrence. The Dalton kid is legit, and he proved last night that he is as good as advertised. He scored any way he wanted to when Tiller was playing defense on him. Then when he played defense on Tiller, he done a very nice job, even blocking a jump shot from the 3-point line. Nothing against Tiller, but a freshman stole the show last night, I should say FRESHMEN (plural) stole the show.
Lawrence just out hustled, out played, and wanted this game more then Paintsville. The Bulldogs shot 72 % from the floor in the first half. That is what this team is capable of doing any given night when they drive the basketball and not settle for three- pointers. Robert Dalton showed why he is one of the top freshamn in the region, and his little brother Timmy matched him with 18 points himself. The Bulldogs needed to rebound better, play better defense, and win the loose balls and they did all those last night. The Dalton block on Tiller was one of the best single defensive plays I have seen all year. Hats off to the Dawgs!!!
Paintsville:
Tiller - 13
Hensley - 12
M.Daniels - 11
Miller - 11
K.Daniel - 8
Smith - 5
Trimble - 4
Lu.Daniels - 4
Collins - 2
19(2) - 8(3) - 8/13 FTs - 70 pts

Lawrence Co.:
R.Dalton - 18
T.Dalton - 18
Chaffins - 16
Richardson - 11
Kiser - 10
Cyrus - 2
Wallen - 1
25(2) - 3(3) - 17/23 FTs - 76

Paintsville - 16 - 17 - 12 - 25 = 70
Lawrence - 19 - 21 - 18 - 18 = 76

Tigers just couldn't get anything to fall til the 4th quarter when it was too late and missed quite a few shots right under the goal. But, it happens. Hats off to LC. Good Team "Team".

Tigers can stay out of the 4/5 seed with a win against Magoffin Co. Monday night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Cook needs to be considered for COY.
Looks like the Dawgs will be #4 or #5 seed either way, and then play the #1 seed in order to make it to the region. Do they have what it takes?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Looks like the Dawgs will be #4 or #5 seed either way, and then play the #1 seed in order to make it to the region. Do they have what it takes?

I thinbk anyone in this district can beat anyone else on any night.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Looks like the Dawgs will be #4 or #5 seed either way, and then play the #1 seed in order to make it to the region. Do they have what it takes?

Gotta beat the other 4/5 seed before playing the #1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I thinbk anyone in this district can beat anyone else on any night.

I guarantee 4 teams don't want to play JC, including us.
I have got to watch some of the teams out of the 57 ,this is a very tough district I think its crazy they have 5 teams dont really seam fair. just what I think.
I don't think there is a team in this district that is scared of the other four, and that's what it makes it so exciting and fun to be a part of. Everyone knows that JC is loaded with talent, but they are vulnerable. Any of these teams are capable of winning it, the question is. Who wants it the most?
Considering the 57th has 5 teams in it and only 2 make it to region. Then there is 2 3 team districts on in pike county and 4 go to region. 4 out of 6 go to region Totally unfair and khsaa should be a shamed.