Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 53 Knott Co central 52 Double Ot
Big win in the road for the Lady Cats
Heck of a game.... Paige Slone fouled on half court shot...hit 3 free throws to send it into 1st OT
Was she tackled? Sounds like a great game.
congrats Valley
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Big win in the road for the Lady Cats

My opinion is it was a bigger game for KC, Slone hits 3 free throws with .000 on the clock, no time to force OT, and they did this with 9.8 on the clock SV ball with 3 fouls to give before the bonus.
alleycat53 Wrote:My opinion is it was a bigger game for KC, Slone hits 3 free throws with .000 on the clock, no time to force OT, and they did this with 9.8 on the clock SV ball with 3 fouls to give before the bonus.

I agree. It was a much bigger game for Knott. Knott went to Shelby Valley early in the season with a very poor performance and lost by 30+. Knott never quit in this game and they kept fighting to the end. Shelby Valley is a very good team. But, I don't think people give Knott enough credit. When they play as a team and play defense like they did last night they can play with about anybody. Even though they came up short in the end it was still a win for Knott in my opinion. They have proven they can play with these higher ranked teams.
Knott is losing a #1 player this year Paige Slone. I feel sorry for next years team!
bball1 Wrote:I agree. It was a much bigger game for Knott. Knott went to Shelby Valley early in the season with a very poor performance and lost by 30+. Knott never quit in this game and they kept fighting to the end. Shelby Valley is a very good team. But, I don't think people give Knott enough credit. When they play as a team and play defense like they did last night they can play with about anybody. Even though they came up short in the end it was still a win for Knott in my opinion. They have proven they can play with these higher ranked teams.

Someone told me that knott had a 17 point lead in this game is that true
tommy2 Wrote:Someone told me that knott had a 17 point lead in this game is that true

KC lead by 2, SV was up 14 at the half, it may have been up to a 17 point lead for Valley.
tommy2 Wrote:Someone told me that knott had a 17 point lead in this game is that true
No that's not true. Shelby Valley was up that much at one point. Knott was never ahead by more than 2-3.
bball1 Wrote:No that's not true. Shelby Valley was up that much at one point. Knott was never ahead by more than 2-3.

Thanks
Knott's first lead in game was 52-50 in second OT
Paige is an awesome ball player!!