Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2013
We won't have a big name to throw out to the papers or the AP. No one who will majorly outshine the others but what will have is a lot of scrappy hard nosed players who IMO will have a good season.
I think Korzep will be the biggest name as far as the offense goes. He's a playmaker and he's strong. If he was just a bit faster he would be a headliner.
I also think you will see McKee and Conley emerge in the offense.
Yea Bronson is a playmaker on both sides of the field. Not the fastest back but will get those hard earned yards when needed. I see McKee being used more for defense than offense. I see our defense improving bunches. Sammy, Joseph, and Mitch have great speed for linemen and the defensive backs all love to hit and have great hands.
DevilWatcher Wrote:Yea Bronson is a playmaker on both sides of the field. Not the fastest back but will get those hard earned yards when needed. I see McKee being used more for defense than offense. I see our defense improving bunches. Sammy, Joseph, and Mitch have great speed for linemen and the defensive backs all love to hit and have great hands.

McKee ran 2nd team at safety last year as a freshman. I do think he is the best QB as well. The kid just knows how to play. Never been the biggest or the fastest kid. But just has it.

I hope we start out stronger than I think we will. By the end of the season, once they get all of the pieces in place, I don't think they will be a team anyone wants to play.

Unfortunately I think the district belongs to Mason County this year. I think they will be very good.
Mason County could all catch the flu. Lol Anythings possible.
DevilWatcher Wrote:Mason County could all catch the flu. Lol Anythings possible.

Lol

Yeah, the collapse we had against Mason this year proves that.
FBALL Wrote:Lol

Yeah, the collapse we had against Mason this year proves that.

DevilWatcher Wrote:We won't have a big name to throw out to the papers or the AP. No one who will majorly outshine the others but what will have is a lot of scrappy hard nosed players who IMO will have a good season.

Will Coach McGlone be back for another season?
HAT51 Wrote:Will Coach McGlone be back for another season?

Unless something unforeseen happens yes. I think after all of the issues last year he is looking forward to it.
FBALL Wrote:Unless something unforeseen happens yes. I think after all of the issues last year he is looking forward to it.

Good. He is great coach and needs to stay if he feels like it.
Coach McGlone is a finalist for National Coach of the Year, awarded by NHSACA National Convention in Iowa this summer. You will have a lot of people wanting him to retire every year but when he gets the right mix of kids coming up he can have very productive seasons.
I could not figure out what was going on with my post
Coach McGlone came out of surgery at 1:45 this morning and according to those close all went well. He had suffered a heart attack and had 6 bypasses. Apparently the doctor was very pleased after surgery.

Get well soon coach!
FBALL Wrote:Coach McGlone came out of surgery at 1:45 this morning and according to those close all went well. He had suffered a heart attack and had 6 bypasses. Apparently the doctor was very pleased after surgery.

Get well soon coach!
Get Well Soon, Coach. :Thumbs:

Belfry/Russell have had their battles, but I think I speak for all of us old Pirates who ever played or coached against Coach McGlone's Red Devil teams when I say that we respect him and we wish him the best. He is a legend.

Keep us posted on his progress.
FBALL Wrote:Coach McGlone came out of surgery at 1:45 this morning and according to those close all went well. He had suffered a heart attack and had 6 bypasses. Apparently the doctor was very pleased after surgery.

Get well soon coach!

Coach is tough. Hang in there and get your strength back. Hit the field again.
Last I heard he was still critical but doing well. Was a wake and responsive but blood gasses were still off. Everything was looking good.
Prayers for Coach McGlone and a speedy recovery!
I have never met Coach McGlone, but I feel like I know him and have nothing but absolute respect for the man.

Hoping the Coach pulls through will good health and strength.
Spring practice started this morning.

Latest update on Coach McGlone is he was still in ICU. His heart rate had raised so they are trying to keep it down.
I know 99.9% of people on here are Ivan fans, but don't you think for his health he should retire and concentrate on his health. The man has nothing left to prove, he's done it all. Let's hope the right decision is made one way or another
Coach mcglone is a fighter and has no quit in him. I fully expect he will be on the sidelines this fall. I am praying for it actually. With love and prayers from everyone on the tomcat sideline get well soon coach mcglone.
mightydog Wrote:I know 99.9% of people on here are Ivan fans, but don't you think for his health he should retire and concentrate on his health. The man has nothing left to prove, he's done it all. Let's hope the right decision is made one way or another
No I don't think any of us are in a position to say what Coach McGlone "should" do in regard to the balance between coaching/health concerns. That is a personal decision for him to make himself, and he has most definitely earned the right to make it.
I'm sure he has, and I'm sure he'll get plenty of advice from his doctors, family, and close friends. I admire and respect Ivan, I just hope his love of the game skew his dissision. I, along with countless others would rather see a healthy Ivan in the stands rather than a sick one continuing on and listening from a hospital bed.
FBall, What do you think about Bath Co this year?
Just like last year? Trash?
BobbyBoushe Wrote:FBall, What do you think about Bath Co this year?
Just like last year? Trash?

That would be for a Bath County thread.
mightydog Wrote:I know 99.9% of people on here are Ivan fans, but don't you think for his health he should retire and concentrate on his health. The man has nothing left to prove, he's done it all. Let's hope the right decision is made one way or another

I think you are missing something. Russell football is part of his family. After all he has been through the past couple of years I think it is something he needs. Something he deserves that can lift him back up.

Some people don't like the offense. Say he is too old fashioned. Well, maybe he is maybe he isn't. But the man still knows football and has more than earned the right to go out on his own terms.

The best way I can put it is this. I told this to a friend who played for Ivan and is now coaching at another school.:

"I just hope he gets better. I don't always agree with him but I have a ton of respect for the man. He will always be my coach.":devilflam
I can see the direction this is going. No one is going to look at this objectively and have a good open honest discussion about the future of RHS football. Most will put your rose colored glasses on and start throwing out cliches, slinging mud, and making personal attacks if you dare mention the possibility of the program moving on without Ivan. There's kids over there thats starting spring ball without a head coach, and they don't know if they'll have one come fall, nobody does. And if you don't think having an involved head coach, not just a figure head isn't important, your dead wrong. A ship without a rutter is lost. I'm sure I'll ne lamented for being a heretic for what I've said, we will see.
mightydog Wrote:I can see the direction this is going. No one is going to look at this objectively and have a good open honest discussion about the future of RHS football. Most will put your rose colored glasses on and start throwing out cliches, slinging mud, and making personal attacks if you dare mention the possibility of the program moving on without Ivan. There's kids over there thats starting spring ball without a head coach, and they don't know if they'll have one come fall, nobody does. And if you don't think having an involved head coach, not just a figure head isn't important, your dead wrong. A ship without a rutter is lost. I'm sure I'll ne lamented for being a heretic for what I've said, we will see.

Russell is just fine with Lee Evans running the spring. Ivan I'm sure once he has recovered will make a decision quickly. But it is inappropriate for any of us to say Ivan should or should not retire. The only thing that matters is his Health I restored then he can make a decision.
mightydog Wrote:I can see the direction this is going. No one is going to look at this objectively and have a good open honest discussion about the future of RHS football. Most will put your rose colored glasses on and start throwing out cliches, slinging mud, and making personal attacks if you dare mention the possibility of the program moving on without Ivan. There's kids over there thats starting spring ball without a head coach, and they don't know if they'll have one come fall, nobody does. And if you don't think having an involved head coach, not just a figure head isn't important, your dead wrong. A ship without a rutter is lost. I'm sure I'll ne lamented for being a heretic for what I've said, we will see.

Objectively or not he is the head coach. You've wanted a change for the last few years. It's not objective to use poor health as a sounding board for that. Morris and Evans can steer the ship. I understand your concern and I'm not blasting you for it. My point was right now Coach needs The Russell football program as much if not more than it needs him. That is something I know he has earned.
Latest update on Coach McGlone was not a good one. Still on a ventilator and having clotting problems.