Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 75 - Letcher Central 62
Cordia 75 Letcher 62
Thats about what I expected in this one.
Nice win for Cordia.
Playing better still got A lot to work on. Nice win tonight against A scrappy Letcher team.
A good district win for the Lions.
Nice win for the lions. Sean Woods in the Jungle tonight along with a scout from Florida St. Owootoah nearly had a triple double. Stats from Mrs.Cody s book. Correct me if i make any errors:
King 15pts, Neace 10pts, Warren 17pts 13rbs, Tagaloa 5pts, Owens 7pts, Combs 6pts, Owootoah 15pts 11ast 8stls.
Looks like their improving every game. Congrats Lions.
Congrats Cordia
this game was MUCH closer than the score shows...Letcher was up many times throughout the game...both teams have some really good talent but when it came down to the wire Cordia just pulled out the "W"...but how can you NOT get better with each week when you gain a new player with talent every week and word is there's another guy up for eligibility as early as next week...really?
Why is it when Cordia gets these players in everyone screams bloody murder. But over the years perry, hazard, and knott get them its ok? Why not just enjoy the talent pool in the 14th region.
dh4432 Wrote:Why is it when Cordia gets these players in everyone screams bloody murder. But over the years perry, hazard, and knott get them its ok? Why not just enjoy the talent pool in the 14th region.

A team bringing in one or two players there will be discussion about it and people getting mad but they get over it. Now there is a huge difference in bringing in one player compare to a whole new team I mean come on 10 transfers in one year. I got one question for chs fans if cordia wins the 14th region for the first time ever would it be that special knowing it wasnt any of your own kids that helped bring it home?
Nice game from the Lions.
I've asked this question many times, are there any Cordia parents that feel the least bit resentment that maybe THEIR child that's been playing since grade school isn't getting to play now because of the new transfers, but my question was answered tonight...evidentally they could care less...smh
Austin combs 8th grader starts. If knott wins how about justice from east ridge and christian and the other guy from jbs? Or hudson from cordia? Or johnson? Cordia transfers at least came to get away from bad situations. Unlike daddy got a job with school board. Or my coach left. Or I was mistreated at Cordia.
Congrats, way to go lions!!
really dh4432? you gonna go there? you're completely missing the point!!! ALL the kids you just mentioned are local kids from Kentucky!!
Tailback44 Wrote:A team bringing in one or two players there will be discussion about it and people getting mad but they get over it. Now there is a huge difference in bringing in one player compare to a whole new team I mean come on 10 transfers in one year. I got one question for chs fans if cordia wins the 14th region for the first time ever would it be that special knowing it wasnt any of your own kids that helped bring it home?

You got to get over it man.:insane:
Does it matter where u r recruited from? All I am saying is if these kids would have went to a different school would there be this much controversy?
HECK YES!!!! wrong is wrong no matter when, where or how!!!!! it's only the very talented transfers that are gonna suffer when this bites them in the @ss!!
tommy2 Wrote:You got to get over it man.:insane:

Hard to get over it when you're team is preseason #1 in the region and every school in the region gets a top notch player. I guess im a little jealous. :Sad04:
great win by the mighty lions
dh4432 Wrote:Why is it when Cordia gets these players in everyone screams bloody murder. But over the years perry, hazard, and knott get them its ok? Why not just enjoy the talent pool in the 14th region.

For one thing I can assure you when PCC gets a player people complain a hell of alot more than Cordia is withstanding now. I hope they all get to play bring them on. I think what people are complaining about is the shear volume of players and how late it is in the year. But anyway congrats to the lions it appears they just keep getting better and better.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Nice win for the lions. Sean Woods in the Jungle tonight along with a scout from Florida St. Owootoah nearly had a triple double. Stats from Mrs.Cody s book. Correct me if i make any errors:
King 15pts, Neace 10pts, Warren 17pts 13rbs, Tagaloa 5pts, Owens 7pts, Combs 6pts, Owootoah 15pts 11ast 8stls.
Looks like their improving every game. Congrats Lions.

sean woods now that is more like it. the way people talk coach cal was going to skip out on the game tonight along with kevin ollie to come watch a cordia letcher game. this was a big win for cordia after the beatdown lcc put on them last yr.
Guys let's keep it on the subject and not recruits. If you have a problem with someone then take it up with them in a PM.
Dh3422..... You can not even compare any school to what Cordia is doing, you could not combine every transfer you can name this year in this region and come up with as many ad cordia..... Stop trying to justify this embarrassment!
Otherwise enjoy cheering for your team. This might not happen again for a long time, they are within reach of the best teams in the region for the first time in prob 5 years, teams like this don't come along to often on Lotts Creek.
For all those who think HOMEGROWN kids(Cordia students k-12) are getting pushed aside. Go to Cordias roster and and look at all kids. Not one player on that team has EVERRRRRRRRR went to Cordia gradeschool and on. I agree with you about homegrown kids getting pushed aside, I honestly do. But when you don't have any whats there to complain about? Owens, Tackett, Rios, Cornett, Neace, Smith are all Ky kids that transfered WHEN RHODES GOT HERE. Combs come back from Emmalena when they got word. Like i said in a previous post. If Rhodes did not take the job at Cordia this would be the first year without a boys ball team.
Good point. When I started high school there we had 28 kids in my class. Only 7-8 were cordia kids, myself and probably 10-15 were from rw combs and the rest came from robinson. I just liked the small classes.
Do people think everyone who has ever attended Cordia has lived on lots creek? Complete stupidity
KHSAA12 Wrote:For all those who think HOMEGROWN kids(Cordia students k-12) are getting pushed aside. Go to Cordias roster and and look at all kids. Not one player on that team has EVERRRRRRRRR went to Cordia gradeschool and on. I agree with you about homegrown kids getting pushed aside, I honestly do. But when you don't have any whats there to complain about? Owens, Tackett, Rios, Cornett, Neace, Smith are all Ky kids that transfered WHEN RHODES GOT HERE. Combs come back from Emmalena when they got word. Like i said in a previous post. If Rhodes did not take the job at Cordia this would be the first year without a boys ball team.

One player that you mentioned was actually there before Rhodes arrived and that is Rios.
I'd say Cordia will lose quite a few region games next year. They may get KCC, PCC, and Hazard maybe. All the other middle of the pack teams will drop them I'm sure.