Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 62 Jackson City 30
Final from Breathitt County High School.

1/21/2013
Breathitt Co. 62
Jackson City 30
Jackson City 6 11 8 5 30
Breathitt Co. 17 13 22 10 62
Jackson City -- Turner 2, McIntosh 1, Davidson 13, Back 5, Collins 6, Combs 3.
Breathitt Co. -- Hamilton 11, Noble 16, Chaney 9, Fugate 5, Trent 7, Whitmore 2, Shouse 3, Baker 5, Strong 1, Wolfe 3.
Perhaps the last time these two schools will square off since the talk of a merger is in place. Tigers not much this year but do have a ton of young talent that Breathitt does not. :ChairHit:
14thRegionAlumn Wrote:Perhaps the last time these two schools will square off since the talk of a merger is in place. Tigers not much this year but do have a ton of young talent that Breathitt does not. :ChairHit:

Wasn't able to make the game but got a text that Jackson won the JV game. I know they play mostly Freshmen and a few 8th graders.
Congrats Coach Fugate!
Smackthefloor Wrote:Wasn't able to make the game but got a text that Jackson won the JV game. I know they play mostly Freshmen and a few 8th graders.

Jackson did win the JV game by two points.
Altro Cat Wrote:Jackson did win the JV game by two points.

How is their younger groups looking? Any potential?
OldManMountain Wrote:How is their younger groups looking? Any potential?

Jackson or Breathitt?

Jackson is small. They played well and executed their offense very well. They have one guard in particular that impressed me, he is a freshman and he is small but he controls the ball and the tempo very well.

Breathitt has far more size but for the most part they are a grade or two ahead of Jackson's players. Whitmore is by far the best prospect that plays JV minutes and will almost certainly start varsity next year.. Other than him I don't see a lot of potential with Breathitt's younger player. A few solid bench guys but I don't see any of them becoming difference makers. In other words Denny better start recruiting if he hopes to compete for the region next year.
Altro Cat Wrote:Jackson or Breathitt?

Jackson is small. They played well and executed their offense very well. They have one guard in particular that impressed me, he is a freshman and he is small but he controls the ball and the tempo very well.

Breathitt has far more size but for the most part they are a grade or two ahead of Jackson's players. Whitmore is by far the best prospect that plays JV minutes and will almost certainly start varsity next year.. Other than him I don't see a lot of potential with Breathitt's younger player. A few solid bench guys but I don't see any of them becoming difference makers. In other words Denny better start recruiting if he hopes to compete for the region next year.

Was asking about Jackson's but glad to see the comparison between the two.