Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 78 - Wolfe County 34
Final.
Congrats kcc
Knott took care of business tonight they could be tough iout in the all a.
Wow, run up the score, KCC isn't an "all a" school, this tourney is a JOKE!! All about the $$$$
We Bleed Blue Wrote:Wow, run up the score, KCC isn't an "all a" school, this tourney is a JOKE!! All about the $$$$

Actually their enrollement is down is the reason why they are in the all a this year.
Would everyone please shut up about Knott not being All A school. Look around the rest of the regions in the state. Its state wide not just in the 14th region. Russell won the 16th and they are 3A in football and Lawrence and Magoffin both played in the 15th and they are 3A in football. Whats the difference in letting Knott play in the tourney and letting Cordia Prep play in it. Atleast Knott has mountain boys. Just let this crap rest and root on our mountain teams in the state tourney. Would love to see Knott or another mountain team bring home the hardware.
Strikeout King Wrote:Actually their enrollement is down is the reason why they are in the all a this year.

I keep seeing people post that but then the explanation given is that the All-A expanded the number of teams.
This tourney is NOT "All A", argue all you want. If a school is in "a" class for football, how does enrollment change them to another class for basketball? I doesn't!!! This tourney isn't sanctioned by KHSAA, and should be changed to "Touchstone Energy Classic", and invite the teams they can make the most $$$ from, it isn't much different than what they do now!!
We Bleed Blue Wrote:Wow, run up the score, KCC isn't an "all a" school, this tourney is a JOKE!! All about the $$$$

Dont think I would call it running up the score considering Knott's bench played most of the 2nd half.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Would everyone please shut up about Knott not being All A school. Look around the rest of the regions in the state. Its state wide not just in the 14th region. Russell won the 16th and they are 3A in football and Lawrence and Magoffin both played in the 15th and they are 3A in football. Whats the difference in letting Knott play in the tourney and letting Cordia Prep play in it. Atleast Knott has mountain boys. Just let this crap rest and root on our mountain teams in the state tourney. Would love to see Knott or another mountain team bring home the hardware.

I am not just referring to Knott, NO team that isn't classified as an "a" school should be playing this "all a classic", I don't care what region, or team it is. This tourney was originated in 1990 for small "a" schools. Our high school sports are following the same path that colleges and pro sports have taken..... All about corporate sponsors and $$$$$!!!!
Altro Cat Wrote:I keep seeing people post that but then the explanation given is that the All-A expanded the number of teams.

I talked to All A because we all where wondering what the deal was, was it the enrollment numbers or a new rules, the response I got from them was that it was the Numbers, KCC's enrollment was down from year's past and it just happened to fall right in line with other all a schools and that qualified them to be an all a school for this year only unless their enrollment is still down next year.
Sorry SOK, it's all about the $$$$$$!!! Touchstone suffers with the coal industry, they just found a way to make a buck, at true small schools expense. If your enrollment places your school in a class for football, how does it make ANY sense, that the same school, reporting the same enrollment, fall into a different class for basketball?? Like I said before, KSHAA does not sanction this event, so it comes down to the teams Touchstone Energy deems "eligible" as an All A school. All about the $$$$$!!!
KY Headhunter Wrote:Would everyone please shut up about Knott not being All A school. Look around the rest of the regions in the state. Its state wide not just in the 14th region. Russell won the 16th and they are 3A in football and Lawrence and Magoffin both played in the 15th and they are 3A in football. Whats the difference in letting Knott play in the tourney and letting Cordia Prep play in it. Atleast Knott has mountain boys. Just let this crap rest and root on our mountain teams in the state tourney. Would love to see Knott or another mountain team bring home the hardware.

Why doesn't people stop? Because people like you keep this MOUNTAIN BOYS shit going and won't let anything die? You heard for a week about this knott all a nonsense, try going on two years of "mountain boy" crap. Prepare to pack a lunch bud.:welcome:
I'm just telling you what I was told.
Wow I touched a nerve. Guess you are one of those Lotts Creekers coming out of the wood works. Calm down my friend. All Im saying is there is no difference between letting larger schools in than there is letting Prep schools in. If Knott sucked no one would be saying a word. Im not from Knott Co but I enjoy watching those kids play and I enjoy watching Cordia play. With that said I am not a fan of teams bringing in 7 or 8 kids from out of the state or country just to play ball. Recruiting has taken place for yrs but there is a difference between a kid moving from one state school to another. When you bring in a whole team that makes you a prep school.
^lol closer to kcc then Cordia pal. But like u said about knott,people wouldn't care if they sucked right? Guarantee if these cordia kids blew, you would be a happy camper. Everyone does realize the so called "mountain kids" on Cordias team all played somewhere previous before playing there. But I guess that still holds importance. As long as your from the area your guaranteed pt. Great example for people to set. Everythings given, not earned.
Knott starters may have played half the game off and on. Knott never ran up the score and could have won by 80. Every kid on the bench played.
Best wished to Knott in the ALL A State tourney. Hope you represent the mountains well up there.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Wow I touched a nerve. Guess you are one of those Lotts Creekers coming out of the wood works. Calm down my friend. All Im saying is there is no difference between letting larger schools in than there is letting Prep schools in. If Knott sucked no one would be saying a word. Im not from Knott Co but I enjoy watching those kids play and I enjoy watching Cordia play. With that said I am not a fan of teams bringing in 7 or 8 kids from out of the state or country just to play ball. Recruiting has taken place for yrs but there is a difference between a kid moving from one state school to another. When you bring in a whole team that makes you a prep school.

:truestory:
KHSAA12 Wrote:^lol closer to kcc then Cordia pal. But like u said about knott,people wouldn't care if they sucked right? Guarantee if these cordia kids blew, you would be a happy camper. Everyone does realize the so called "mountain kids" on Cordias team all played somewhere previous before playing there. But I guess that still holds importance. As long as your from the area your guaranteed pt. Great example for people to set. Everythings given, not earned.
Whats earned when you have a kid from out of state or out of the country and he sits out half the yr and not suppose to be practicing and the day he becomes eligable he starts????????? Your comment makes no sense.
What did Johnson earn for the Perry co ball team before setting out then starting? Why just Cordia pal? Oh wait he's a mountain boy. Gotcha.
I didnt make the statement about earning anything, that was you. I dont care what they earn, I am just saying there is a difference between a school getting a transfer or possibly 2 in a yr than what Cordia has done by bringing in a whole damn team. Many schools get transfers each yr but they dont bring in a whole damn team.
If Knott brings in 5 top players next yr to go with what they already have you guys will be screaming murder. Just saying.
KY Headhunter Wrote:I didnt make the statement about earning anything, that was you. I dont care what they earn, I am just saying there is a difference between a school getting a transfer or possibly 2 in a yr than what Cordia has done by bringing in a whole damn team. Many schools get transfers each yr but they dont bring in a whole damn team.

Knott did last year and the year before
That's right. U know its because their not from here that's why the change of subject. I rest my case.
tommy2 Wrote:Knott did last year and the year before
Knott brought in Justice as a freshman by giving his dad a job, but Christian and Cornett cam from JBS because they didnt have a damn team. They both from Knott Co and left private school for public school, that happens with kids everyday.
If Cordia sucked they wouldn't care. Haven't heard one negative thing from anyone about JBS. You can't deny that. No offense JBS.
JBS has 1 or 2 kids from Canada, not 12.
I bet half these Lotts Creekers coming out of the wood works cant even name half the kids on Cordia's team.
Congrats on the win Pats, got Clinton County up next I believe.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Congrats on the win Pats, got Clinton County up next I believe.
know anything about Clinton Co?