Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pike Central
The young Hawks pull off a victory at home tonight against Belfry. Hawks made their free throws down the stretch and pulled out a 7 pt victory (i think). Hawks improve to 8-8 on the year.
Nice win Hawks. Congrats
Pike Central is an extremely young team.

Last year, they only had 1 senior.

This year, they only have 1 senior.

They will gel together as a team for the next few seasons, and hopefully put together some great teams.
It's about time that they beat someone decent this year. Before winning this game against Belfry the only good win they had so far this season was against Prestonsburg.
Congrats to the Hawks. This is a good win for them. I have seen a lot of these guys play in grade school and the future looks bright for the Hawks.
Free throws were the difference, alot of fouls called both ways in this one and we missed the foul shots and Central didn't. Good effort to claw back close from down 11 or 12 with about 3 minutes left, but it wasn't a hole we should have been in. Had Charles and Robinson not fouled out (two of the better FT shooters) perhaps it'd be different but as long as we only go 7 deep foul trouble in gonna happen. Belfry goes from 7-2 to 7-5, and has some work to do before playing Hurricane, WV on Saturday. Central played a great game, congrats to them! Really like #44
I dont know what is going on with Belfry but for the last 3-4 games they havent been doing so good IMO
Belfry isn't even 7 deep. They have Messer and 3 solid guards. The rest of the team is role players at BEST, other than Copley kids who comes of bench, who is young but solid.