Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region All-A
At Raceland. Russell vs West Carter and Morgan vs Elliott. How does it play out?
When did Russell become an "A" size school?
Russell has a lower enrollment than Morgan County or West Carter or anyone else in their 3A football district. They were 2A but petitioned to play up.

I think for the All A they invite the 126 schools with the lowes enrollments. It's not just tied to football classification. "Small School" would be more accurate than "All A".
It will come down to Russell and Morgan County.
FBALL Wrote:Russell has a lower enrollment than Morgan County or West Carter or anyone else in their 3A football district. They were 2A but petitioned to play up.

I think for the All A they invite the 126 schools with the lowes enrollments. It's not just tied to football classification. "Small School" would be more accurate than "All A".

Not true.
Russell 646
Morgan 602
West Carter 587
HD28 Wrote:Not true.
Russell 646
Morgan 602
West Carter 587

At the last football realignment it was at least among boys. Morgan and West were both 3A while Russell was 2A. I realize that is based of number of high school aged boys averaged over a 2 year period.

But to make captain nitpick happy. I was wrong. Russell had a slightly larger enrollment in the 2011/2012 school year that West or Morgan. Russell would have the edge on a boy getting a good date for the prom though.

Still think they should just call it the "small school invitational" to stop all of the bitching and moaning.
FBALL Wrote:Russell has a lower enrollment than Morgan County or West Carter or anyone else in their 3A football district. They were 2A but petitioned to play up.

Dont they usually have a good football program? Wouldnt it be better to play 2A?
citykat Wrote:Dont they usually have a good football program? Wouldnt it be better to play 2A?

Not geographically or financially. A bunch of local 3A teams. No local 2A teams.