Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region all A
Thoughts on 14th region all A??
Knott or Hazard will win it
No chance that Wolfe or cordia can give either come trouble?
No. Top Bracket is easy while the bottom Bracket is loaded. If Wolfe plays good they could make it to the championship game but that's all. Cordia will play the Hazard/Owsley winner away, Knott will play the Lee/Buckhorn winner away.
Strikeout King Wrote:No. Top Bracket is easy while the bottom Bracket is loaded. If Wolfe plays good they could make it to the championship game but that's all. Cordia will play the Hazard/Owsley winner away, Knott will play the Lee/Buckhorn winner away.

You aint lyin.
The top bracket can go to anybody...
Cordia will beat Hazard without Hollan. Especially if Al trys to press. No team will stop Owootah from advancing the ball. Beverly scored 20 of his 28 breaking the press by himself. This Cordia team is Completely different without Owootoah and King on the floor. And Tagaloa will be better now that his off the ball. King is a 6'4 shooting guard that weighs at least 200. And Lucin(6'8 center) looks to eligible Monday for the lions. Warren and Hudson will be a battle. Tennessee scouts will be at this game.
^How many players is that now 7?
Strikeout King Wrote:No. Top Bracket is easy while the bottom Bracket is loaded. If Wolfe plays good they could make it to the championship game but that's all. Cordia will play the Hazard/Owsley winner away, Knott will play the Lee/Buckhorn winner away.

Since when is Knott Central small enough to be in the All A??!! They should win the whole thing! Say nothing of the 14th Region! That's like taking candy from a baby!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^Knott has 600 students and you dont count freshman which puts them down to around 450-475
I thought they bumped up the rule on the All A from whatever the enrollment was to whatever it is now. Could be wrong on that one tho.
Downtown10 Wrote:^Knott has 600 students and you dont count freshman which puts them down to around 450-475

Strikeout King Wrote:I thought they bumped up the rule on the All A from whatever the enrollment was to whatever it is now. Could be wrong on that one tho.

Just wondering because I don't ever remember them playing in the All A. So either there has been a rule change or their enrollment has drastically reduced!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is there lowest enrollment in a long time.
Knott co goes to Frankfort for the ALL A State Tourney.
Top Half
JBS Beat Jackson City
JBS Beats Jenkins
Wolfe Co Beats Leslie Co.
JBS Beats Wolfe Co.
Bottom Half
Buckhorn Beats Lee Co.
Harzard Beats Owesly Co.
Knot Co Beats Buckhorn
Cordia Beats Knott Co

Cordia Beats JBS in the finals !
Top Half

JBS Beats Jackson City
JBS Beats Jenkins
Wolfe Co. Beats Leslie Co.
JBS Beats Wolfe co.

Bottom Half

Buckhorn Beats Lee Co.
Harzard Beats Owsely Co.
Knott Co. Beats Buckhorn
Cordia Beats Harzard
Cordia Beats Knott Co.

Cordia Beats JBS in the Finals !!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Just wondering because I don't ever remember them playing in the All A. So either there has been a rule change or their enrollment has drastically reduced!

I believe if your school is one of the smallest 125 schools in the state you can compete in the All A Classic. And if all of these coal companies keep lay off workers every school in Eastern Kentucky will be playing in the All A Classic.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Cordia will beat Hazard without Hollan. Especially if Al trys to press. No team will stop Owootah from advancing the ball. Beverly scored 20 of his 28 breaking the press by himself. This Cordia team is Completely different without Owootoah and King on the floor. And Tagaloa will be better now that his off the ball. King is a 6'4 shooting guard that weighs at least 200. And Lucin(6'8 center) looks to eligible Monday for the lions. Warren and Hudson will be a battle. Tennessee scouts will be at this game.

I doubt it, Tenessee plays UK that night!!!
Knott Co. has lost a lot of students this year, because of a certain teacher and parents that dont won't your child out play their child. So they will torture them until they leave.. Rumor is their will be many more to leave and join other schools next year so they will have a chance to use their skills.
Colinson Wrote:Top Half

JBS Beats Jackson City
JBS Beats Jenkins
Wolfe Co. Beats Leslie Co.
JBS Beats Wolfe co.

Bottom Half

Buckhorn Beats Lee Co.
Harzard Beats Owsely Co.
Knott Co. Beats Buckhorn
Cordia Beats Harzard
Cordia Beats Knott Co.

Cordia Beats JBS in the Finals !!

I would love to see this happen and now it actually can. Anyone that got to see them the other night at Cordia agaisnt jbs would understand the hype. Marlon is also a d-1 prospect. No offers but will go mid-major d-1 in my opinion. Murray state called the school after christmas break about both players. Knott has had trouble shaking Cordia both games before and now have Neace on the inside to go along with Warren. Tagaloa playing off the ball(Which makes him alot better-not a true pg), and now we have Owens, Combs, Chisolm, and hopefully Lucin coming off the bench and they have all proven to be able to play with Knott(with the exception of lucin). Emmanuel is a one man fast break and would put him up against any press the 14th region has to offer.
Not only will Knott win the 14th all A they win the All A State Championship going away. Remember I said it first.
Downtown10 was right. I sent All A an email asking if it was their enrollment or a new rule that had been made and they replied back that Knott's enrollment this year is down, that they are eligible for the All A at least this year. So if their enrollment picks up next year then they won't be eligible but if it stays the same or continues to decrease then they will be eligible for next year.
Reasons Why I have JBS & Cordia in the Finals !
Cordia:
I Wouldn't be surprise if cordia doesnt lose another game ! Their biggest challenge would be Perry because of Perrys size. As for Knott, Owootoah is Just as good if not better than justice. Also Knott doesnt have any other guards as good as Tagaloa & King , Plus Warren a beast down low , I dont think hall could contain him !
JBS:
You'll never know when they'll come to play , the only two games I think they played really hard were against cordia . If they can match intensity every game they could be one of the top teams in the region ! With the Two Canadian kids no one can guard them man to man in my opinon They do the best they can with the team they have , Two mid-major D1 Prospects .

The Finals would be a battle but Cordia would get the best of them like all the time because of the depth Cordia has.
ballboy Wrote:Not only will Knott win the 14th all A they win the All A State Championship going away. Remember I said it first.

Actually, you were the second one to say it. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:Downtown10 was right. I sent All A an email asking if it was their enrollment or a new rule that had been made and they replied back that Knott's enrollment this year is down, that they are eligible for the All A at least this year. So if their enrollment picks up next year then they won't be eligible but if it stays the same or continues to decrease then they will be eligible for next year.

Nothing against Knott Central but, I hope their enrollment goes up after this year so that other teams will actually have a chance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ballboy Wrote:Not only will Knott win the 14th all A they win the All A State Championship going away. Remember I said it first.

LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Actually, you were the second one to say it. :biggrin:

Actually, about the 20th... A lot of ppl from Knott have been saying it all year... I said it at the Republic Bank Tourney...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Actually, about the 20th... A lot of ppl from Knott have been saying it all year... I said it at the Republic Bank Tourney...

I think everyone knows that Knott is the favorite to win this tourney.

I think they win it too...
but all of Cordia's new players throws a few more factors into that equation to say the least.

I won't give Cordia the nod until I see them get a signature win - but it won't surprise me if they upset someone next week.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Cordia will beat Hazard without Hollan. Especially if Al trys to press. No team will stop Owootah from advancing the ball. Beverly scored 20 of his 28 breaking the press by himself. This Cordia team is Completely different without Owootoah and King on the floor. And Tagaloa will be better now that his off the ball. King is a 6'4 shooting guard that weighs at least 200. And Lucin(6'8 center) looks to eligible Monday for the lions. Warren and Hudson will be a battle. Tennessee scouts will be at this game.

Al ain't stupid...
but he'll still try to press Cordia.

The WYMT and the All-A mean nothing to Al Holland.
He's not gonna show anyone what he's got until it's do or die.
That's why he kept pressing Perry and that's why he played man-to-man.
I've seen him do it too many times and I've seen him come through in the end too many times.

Watch out for the Bulldogs when it comes tourney time.
zaga_fan Wrote:Al ain't stupid...
but he'll still try to press Cordia.

The WYMT and the All-A mean nothing to Al Holland.
He's not gonna show anyone what he's got until it's do or die.
That's why he kept pressing Perry and that's why he played man-to-man.
I've seen him do it too many times and I've seen him come through in the end too many times.

Watch out for the Bulldogs when it comes tourney time.

I hope he does it will open up easy baskets for Owootoah, King, and Tagaloa. Rhodes and these kids want the All A, but i understand why it wouldnt be as important to Al.
Watch out for Wolfe to make to the finals they have been playing good lately