Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co vs Harlan game refs
Been watching basketball for over 50 yrs and have never seen a group of refs work so hard to try and keep a game close. Offensive hooks, walks, charges, fouls, double fouls, ect. When you think you have been around long enough to see it all is when you get educated! This is 2013 not the 40's, the euro-step has now been around for a while, they even teach it to jr. High kids today. Funny how the refs are behind the game, even seen a parent and player trying to describe it to the ref?
LOL!!!

I know! What can you do though????
Granny Bear Wrote:LOL!!!

I know! What can you do though????

Who knows? Granny Bear, did you see when Miller posted up and made a move, turned and was hammered on the shot. Both teams (Harlan and Harlan Co) all lined up for the foul shot and was in place for several seconds before they all realized the ref had made a call the other way. The obvious call to have the ball go the other way would of been a walk or charge but neither was called. The kids looked confused for a sec and then both teams continued to play. It was really funny at the time? Guess you had to of been there though to understand exactly what happened?
Game was ugly and did not have much flow to it, but Harlan Co. still came out by 20 points. Congrats, Harlan Co. looking foward to the WYMT game against Hazard. That was one of the best games I watched last year.
SEE it??? I'm sure you could HEAR me from a mile away!

Those three rival Philpot's crew; I'm just glad they won't be at district/regional tournaments!!
They were pretty bad. I agree about the Euro Step, I was telling my dad if that is a walk so is a regular lay up. You take two steps on both.