Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many kids are showing up for weights at Covcath?
Are many guys even going to go out for next years team? Just wondering how the off season program is going and what kind of numbers are still going to proceed with football.
zero
Near as I can tell, just about everyone is coming back & participating in weights & conditioning. On break right now but will fire back up soon.
There's always going to be some attrition between years- particularly between the Freshman to Sophomore years and boys decide whether it's teh sport for them or not- but overall I would expect their overall numbers to go up as they have a large Freshman class coming in. Even larger than last year which, at the time, was the highest enrollment in 10+ years.
Should be an interesting year- obviously losing Bir will hurt, but can that be offset by the return of a solid offensive line with good skill players like Luke Bir and Dressman? I would expect the defense to still remain tough- Burchell in the middle assures that much.
Do incoming frosh lift at organized workouts at Covcath?
Much better post wideleft.
I wonder how many more threads are going to get removed tonight? :lmao:
bluedad1 Wrote:Near as I can tell, just about everyone is coming back & participating in weights & conditioning. On break right now but will fire back up soon.
There's always going to be some attrition between years- particularly between the Freshman to Sophomore years and boys decide whether it's teh sport for them or not- but overall I would expect their overall numbers to go up as they have a large Freshman class coming in. Even larger than last year which, at the time, was the highest enrollment in 10+ years.
Should be an interesting year- obviously losing Bir will hurt, but can that be offset by the return of a solid offensive line with good skill players like Luke Bir and Dressman? I would expect the defense to still remain tough- Burchell in the middle assures that much.

???
blake bir senior qb this past season
luke bir soph rb this past season
Seems like something is missing from this thread...
Freshmen can't lift at CCH till they enroll as students. Is that not the case everywhere?
BTW - I guess I glossed right past the sarcasm in the original post. Anyway- you got a straight answer.
bluedad1 Wrote:Freshmen can't lift at CCH till they enroll as students. Is that not the case everywhere?
BTW - I guess I glossed right past the sarcasm in the original post. Anyway- you got a straight answer.

Not sure of everywhere. I'm not sure that I know of a school in NKY that does. We at Campbell County are strictly off limits to weight training 8th graders!
^
Im not sure about now, but Whitley has always let 7th graders who will be entering the 8th grade, lift.
Even have there own weight facilities at the middle school.
However, 8th graders have to wait until they start practice before they start lifting, but you do get some that take the initiative to start lifting again at the middle school.

It may have changed, but last i heard, this was still the case.
bluedad1 Wrote:BTW - I guess I glossed right past the sarcasm in the original post. Anyway- you got a straight answer.

I, for one, appreciate your informative answer. Lets continue to keep this an informative thread and ignore the sarcasm.
Stardust Wrote:Not sure of everywhere. I'm not sure that I know of a school in NKY that does. We at Campbell County are strictly off limits to weight training 8th graders!
Scott used to open the weight room for 8th graders on Tues/Thurs. but look where that has gotten them:HitWall:
I went down to CovCath and started lifting when basketball season ended in 8th grade, which had to be probably around the start of February.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life