Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY 2012 All-State Football Team
Ok I have said all along that if you are not in the marketing areas of Louisville, Lexington and some parts of Northern Ky a kid must fall into the categories of extremely talented, or his team has to be in the playoffs to get some recognition. With that said this is not a knock of the marketing area kids, I will usr out own Jonathon Jackson of Mayfield for example, for people aka AP to notice him we went to the championship all 4 of his years and yes he is one of the better players in the state, but had Mayfield not went the championship in any of the past year he would have been lucky to make honorable mention but would havr still been the same player. ALLSTATE is nice but its just a title or a label all state does not get.scholarship offers getting noticed and playing hard does, as I hurry to my close Im reminded of Glynn Jones a fierce 6'0 220 pound DE in awide tackle six defensive scheme wad awarded his scholarship at Murray State by then Coach Frank Beamer by watching his teammate on film.Excuze thetypos typing from phone but to.all the young men that did not make thos team dreams still come true and congratulations to all tje young men that made the team.
oldcardfan Wrote:Ok I have said all along that if you are not in the marketing areas of Louisville, Lexington and some parts of Northern Ky a kid must fall into the categories of extremely talented, or his team has to be in the playoffs to get some recognition. With that said this is not a knock of the marketing area kids, I will usr out own Jonathon Jackson of Mayfield for example, for people aka AP to notice him we went to the championship all 4 of his years and yes he is one of the better players in the state, but had Mayfield not went the championship in any of the past year he would have been lucky to make honorable mention but would havr still been the same player. ALLSTATE is nice but its just a title or a label all state does not get.scholarship offers getting noticed and playing hard does, as I hurry to my close Im reminded of Glynn Jones a fierce 6'0 220 pound DE in awide tackle six defensive scheme wad awarded his scholarship at Murray State by then Coach Frank Beamer by watching his teammate on film.Excuze thetypos typing from phone but to.all the young men that did not make thos team dreams still come true and congratulations to all tje young men that made the team.

Really?

Belfry (EKY) had five different players make the AP All-State team. Beechwood (NKY) had ONE.

Fairview (EKY) and Fleming County (EKY) had three players each. Cooper (NKY) had two.

Graves County (far WKY) had seven players ... more than state champs Louisville Trinity (six), Bowling Green (four), Highlands (three) and Louisville Central (one).

Knox Central (EKY) had five, Monroe County (WKY/SKY) had four, and Williamsburg (WKY) had four ... which are all more than 6-A runner-up Louisville PRP (two) or 6-A power Louisville St. X (two).
Congrats to all who made the team.
Neersfan Wrote:The kid has 12 D-1 offers and has been invited to the Army All-American combine next month in San Antonio & a finalist for National Sophomore of the Year but his own state can't recognize him as all state.

Another good player from Ky that will leave the state.

You are right. Maybe stoops can keep him!
i think that tawan taylor and spencer sumpter from prp should have been put higher, tawan is one of the most explosive kids in the state. joe brown from butler should have been recognized as well.