Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Baseball Tournament
Tonight, it was discussed on the radio that the 15th Region Baseball Tournament was going to play all three first round games on Monday, Memorial Day. Is this for certain?

If the draw is Sunday @ 2pm.... & the games are actually slated to begin on Monday @ 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm respectively... that's really gonna make this Memorial Day different for many families.

Any thoughts or discussion?
IISnakE Wrote:Tonight, it was discussed on the radio that the 15th Region Baseball Tournament was going to play all three first round games on Monday, Memorial Day. Is this for certain?

If the draw is Sunday @ 2pm.... & the games are actually slated to begin on Monday @ 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm respectively... that's really gonna make this Memorial Day different for many families.

Any thoughts or discussion?
There are four first round games to be played monday.
I believe this is the way it has normally been throughout the past years. Typically, all 4 first round games have been played on Memorial Day to get past the first round and get the tournament finished in case of severe rain.

i do agree however that it may make it difficult on some families due to the holiday, but for others it can give a chance for them to watch some great baseball on a day that they get off.
This is true... our bunch is meeting Sunday and that leaves Monday "wide open" for BASEBALL!!! Maybe some families will have some visiting relatives be able to come catch a game!
The Guru Wrote:There are four first round games to be played monday.

Sorry... bout that.... but Thanks for being so kind in your correction there "slick"!:howdy:
Where is the tournament going to be played at?
The tourney is at Pike Central, the draw is at 2p sunday
the bracket will be drawn and the dates and times will be determined by the schools
involved.

..personally i think the four games on one day hurt the tourney feel.
It is ODD!
I always thought there was 2 games monday and then the other 2 tuesday
I thought the same thing, NYY10. Didn't they play 2 games on the first day last year, and then 2 the day after? I can't remember them ever playing all 4 first round games on the same day. That does seem a bit odd.
fox sports Wrote:personally i think the four games on one day hurt the tourney feel.

I agree fox sports. I think it wil hurt the crowd as well. Not to mention who decides what games get to be played in the heat of the day, and who plays the last game in the evening?
Then again it could help to keep things even if you play 4 on Monday then give Tuesday off and 2 on Wednesday and Championship Tursday. So no team has an extra off day to rest up.
Beef Wrote:Then again it could help to keep things even if you play 4 on Monday then give Tuesday off and 2 on Wednesday and Championship Tursday. So no team has an extra off day to rest up.
:thumpsup:
Beef Wrote:Then again it could help to keep things even if you play 4 on Monday then give Tuesday off and 2 on Wednesday and Championship Tursday. So no team has an extra off day to rest up.
Makes sense! If 2 games were played on the second day, that would mean a team playing 3 days in a row. That would leave them at a disadvantage due to fatigue and such.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Makes sense! If 2 games were played on the second day, that would mean a team playing 3 days in a row. That would leave them at a disadvantage due to fatigue and such.

Thats right
But if you go two on Monday, two on Tuesday. Then have Wednesday off, everyone at least gets one day to prepare for the next game. Play two on Thursday and have Championship Friday or even give a day off Friday, Championship on Saturday during the day.
The Blue Blur Wrote:But if you go two on Monday, two on Tuesday. Then have Wednesday off, everyone at least gets one day to prepare for the next game. Play two on Thursday and have Championship Friday or even give a day off Friday, Championship on Saturday during the day.
That pushes it late and you have to worry about rain.
I think the games being all played in one day is a great ideal.