Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region rankings
lcgrad2002 Wrote:You can sit and watch the 15th region games like I was able to this past week and clearly see that the 57th district is the best district in the region and more then likely the winner of the region will come out of it. Shelby Valley, East Ridge, and Betsy Layne would be the only teams maybe Pikeville that could compete on a daily basis in the district. You can watch the 57th district teams play, then the others and there is a huge drop off. Just my opinion, but what do you think?

1-10 are not that far apart. Yes, right now the 57th is a little better because, but it is also all about match-ups. LC, SC, and Paintsville are all going to have trouble with teams that have a dominant post player. Belfry and Pikeville are nightmares for all 3 because they have that and a guard that can shoot the 3.

LC's weakness? They are young and can play at one speed, wide open(I love the way they play) Play them in the half court or with 2,000 people in the stands and I think they have problems.

Paintsville has one scorer.

SC is young, small and not very deep.

Johnson Central just bumfuzzles me. I feel Coach McKenzie is a good coach, I just think he has surrounded himself with a bunch hanger-ons that bring nothing to the table and it effects the team GREATLY.
I agree. Lc does play wide open but in the past few weeks they have learned to slow it down sometimes and run plays. They have 5 guys on the court at all times that can score the basketball or atleast try to or get to the free throw line. For as young as they are, they really play mature. Shelby Valley and Magoffin both had a good post player and LC dominated the boards against both teams.
I can't figure Johnson Central out either.
LC Dawgs are on the top of the mountain in the 15 region .
9 Wins out of the last 10 games.
Until someone beats them their number one in the region.
Wildcat man Wrote:LC Dawgs are on the top of the mountain in the 15 region .

Paintsville and jc both beat them. Just saying
They just beat Johnson Central, so I don't se how Lawrence County isn't #1. Mind you, the paintsville game was 2OT.
They repaid one of those loses tonight.
And looking forward 2 the other rematch . It may happen in the all A.
The 57 is going 2 be very interesting this year.
with an 8TH GRADER, darn near shutting down tiller.
Wildcat man Wrote:They repaid one of those loses tonight.
And looking forward 2 the other rematch . It may happen in the all A.
The 57 is going 2 be very interesting this year.

It might be the most even it has ever been
BulldogTillDeath Wrote:with an 8TH GRADER, darn near shutting down tiller.

I wouldn't call 29 pts "darn near" shutting him down, when he averages 20 a game. 20 in regulation and 9 in the OTs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I can't figure Johnson Central out either.

I am in this camp too. JC should be dominating this district even with Hall out. We have struggled bad on the road at times in tough envioroments. The district and region will be away games in tough enviorments so we will need to slove this problem.
Wildcat man Wrote:LC Dawgs are on the top of the mountain in the 15 region .

It is good you are for your team. They are young and play hard and are fun to watch. They are not at top in the region. If memory serves me, the JC victory and Paintsville OT win were at LC. If I am correct I see a pattern here.

I know this will not be popular, but I feel come tournement time it will be down to Paintsville and JC. Both programs have the talent and impact players to win. SC cannot be ruled out. Also the future looks bright for both programs as the pipeline is full of good talent in numbers.

I agree the 57th will be wild, and if you have a flat night, you go home.
MonsterMan Wrote:It is good you are for your team. They are young and play hard and are fun to watch. They are not at top in the region. If memory serves me, the JC victory and Paintsville OT win were at LC. If I am correct I see a pattern here.

I know this will not be popular, but I feel come tournement time it will be down to Paintsville and JC. Both programs have the talent and impact players to win. SC cannot be ruled out. Also the future looks bright for both programs as the pipeline is full of good talent in numbers.

I agree the 57th will be wild, and if you have a flat night, you go home.

Your memory is failing you. LC didn't beat Pville in OT and the game was at Pville. Don't try and take away a great win for this young program by blaming the refs. They got some terrible calls too, just have to play through. Come watch them play, then maybe you can talk. Magoffin beat them at home and they blew them out at the Expo last week. The only pattern is this is a totally different team than at the beginning of the season. They have 6 or 7 players that can score and can go off on any given night. They have 4 freshmen and an 8th grader averaging double figures. This is a good team.
Honestly, the way it is shaping up, it will be between LC, Paintsville, and Sheldon Clark.

JC is self destructing or something.
These polls get everyone bent out of shape. I still like to do them. They are opinion based and definitely not a science. But, they are still an interesting forum. These rankings, just like the college rankings will change based on the outcome of future games. As I said before, I am biased toward LC. Sorry but its true. LOL.
Lc lost to paintsville in double overtime at paintsville. Johnson central beat Lawrence at Johnson central. As far as being the best in the region I don't think so, not yet.. They are playing great ball and they are humble and hungry. They are getting better each game.
tatertot99 Wrote:Your memory is failing you. LC didn't beat Pville in OT and the game was at Pville. Don't try and take away a great win for this young program by blaming the refs. They got some terrible calls too, just have to play through. Come watch them play, then maybe you can talk. Magoffin beat them at home and they blew them out at the Expo last week. The only pattern is this is a totally different team than at the beginning of the season. They have 6 or 7 players that can score and can go off on any given night. They have 4 freshmen and an 8th grader averaging double figures. This is a good team.

I stand corrected on the one game. I feel that P'ville and JC still have the best talent and the two main impact players in the region. On a somewhat neutral court in the district things will be different. Alot of inconsistancy is in the referees in the 15th, but good teams will have to play through this. But if any team comes up flat, they are gone.
It is going to be fun to watch it play out. The most important thing is to avoid being the 4 or 5 seed in this district.
Johnson Central
Pikeville
Lawrence
Belfry
Shelby Valley
Sheldon Clark
Paintsville
Betsy Layne
East Ridge
Magoffin
Pike Central
Prestonsburg
South Floyd
Allen Central
Phelps
Piarist

It is still very hard 2-10 and I am a little biased. I'm from Lawrence County.[/QUOTE]
I just hope this ankle doesn't plague Hall all season. Could interfere with a trip to Rupp. Belfry just hasn't looked like they wanted to be on the floor the past 2 nights out, getting blasted by JCHS and Pikeville. Talent is there....