Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Laurence Dunbar fires head coach Derrick Thomas
Mike Fields@MikeFieldsNotes Dunbar fires football coach Derrick Thomas, looks for seventh new coach since 2000.
at some point, Dunbar administration needs to realize they're doing something wrong
What's up with this?

How long had Thomas been there?
^ 2 years. During those 2 years tho I believe he had only 4 wins
Plenty of talent at PLD, they've gotta give someone a chance to stay and build a program, it's most definitely not a two year turnaround job in Lexington public.
Yikes!! seven coaches since 2000? Yeah i agree they need to get someone and give them a chance to build it longer than 2yrs before firing them. Although gotta produce more than 4 wins in two years...
Dunbar needs to sit down with a coaching candidate and hear their plan for turning things around. In order to get to where you want to be, you've got to take some baby steps along the way. Find a motivated coach that's looking for more than a school job. Someone that truly believes they can do good at Dunbar. I thought they had that with their last coach, but angry parents and program supporters ran him out as fast as they could.
what in the world are those guys at PLD thinking? this is high school not college or the NFL a coach can't go out a recruit the players, he has to do with what he got and have to give a coach time to get his system going with the kids he got. I understand there is a lot of talent in that school but it still takes time, Rome wasn't built in a day!!! :please:
Wasn't this the same guy that moved his mascot to QB and started winning?
The admin isn't the only problem, it's the spoiled parents and kids. Trust me
wildthang3 Wrote:The admin isn't the only problem, it's the spoiled parents and kids. Trust me

Sad but true...Dunbar is a great school but their sense of entitlement is almost sickening at times.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wasn't this the same guy that moved his mascot to QB and started winning?

Yeah
wildthang3 Wrote:The admin isn't the only problem, it's the spoiled parents and kids. Trust me

The administration ( Rains and Surginis) are problems along with parents and kids! The place has a sense of entitlement and will never win. They dont want their kids coached or worked hard. Dunbar is the UK of high school football.:HitWall:
Deja vu all over again.
Thomas comes into a bad program. Wins one game his first year (which the previuos couple of years were bad) than wins 3 games his second year. Should he be given more time? I think so. But there are programs in the state that the coaches loose every game year after year and somehow keeps there job. ??????
outsidein Wrote:Thomas comes into a bad program. Wins one game his first year (which the previuos couple of years were bad) than wins 3 games his second year. Should he be given more time? I think so. But there are programs in the state that the coaches loose every game year after year and somehow keeps there job. ??????

The last coach almost ruined the program at Paintsville by over staying his welcome. Hopefully Chirico will bring life back to it, which I'm sure he will if the adminstration gives him time.
Ike Cooter Wrote:The last coach almost ruined the program at Paintsville by over staying his welcome. Hopefully Chirico will bring life back to it, which I'm sure he will if the adminstration gives him time.
Who is Chirico?
any word on a new coach yet? Who is the top choices?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Sounds like your wanting to send Coach Rains's aplication in.
If I am not mistaken he has already accept the job. He applied weeks before I was told of it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]