Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 11 Magoffin 4
Miller started for Paintsville and VanHoose came on to pitch the final (6) outs.

Any discussion on this one.................
Paintsville didn't hit the ball well at all today. Kevin Williams did hit a monster shot in the 6th that got a big inning going. Miller pitched really well up until the last inning. VanHoose came in and pitched great in relief. Sloppy win but congrats Tigers, Good Luck in the finals!
Nice avatar Pupaw!
I reckon that boy threw a lot of off speed stuff, more so that than a fastball, that could've been some of the problems.
PHSCARD Wrote:I reckon that boy threw a lot of off speed stuff, more so that than a fastball, that could've been some of the problems.

I would venture a guess of nearly 100 wrinklers!!!! He had to have thrown 130-140 pitches! He was even throwing the deuce when the count was 3-0, 3-1, 3-2!!! it just didn't matter. But the third time through, Paintsville started lookin better, as they should have.
Congrats Tigers!
Larry Perkins pitched for Magoffin, and yes he did throw a ton of off-speed stuff. Thanks II Snake got it off of UK's website.
The Guru Wrote:I would venture a guess of nearly 100 wrinklers!!!! He had to have thrown 130-140 pitches! He was even throwing the deuce when the count was 3-0, 3-1, 3-2!!! it just didn't matter. But the third time through, Paintsville started lookin better, as they should have.

I know he threw Kevin Williams 5 straight breaking pitches, his first time at the plate. I guess Kevin's last at bat he let it hang too much. :howdy:
Closer than expected but congrats Paintsville
congrats to Paintsville