Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any word on the best of the bluegrass bowl?
Wondering how the game has went... anybody heard anything or know where to get info?
It will be held at St. X

The third annual Best of the Bluegrass all-star football game is set for 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, at St. Xavier High School.

The game will match 40 of the top seniors from the Louisville area against 40 of the best seniors from around the state.

Three members of Trinity’s Class 6-A championship team are on the Louisville-area roster: linebacker Daeshawn Bertram and defensive linemen Jabari Jordan and Bobby Bryant. Franklin County’s Ryan Timmons, a top candidate for Mr. Football honors, headlines the state squad.

Atherton’s Kenny Walker will coach the Louisville-area squad. Simon Kenton’s Jeff Marksberry is the coach for the state team.

The series is tied 1-1, with the Louisville-area squad winning last year’s matchup 38-27.

State team

Logan Woodside (Franklin County), Chad Wilson (Monroe County), Nick Britt (Russell County), Jervone Christopher (Scott County), Martez Sivils (Caldwell County), Jeremiah Williams (Boone County), Kenyon Hipps (Bryan Station), Tomi Mejolagbe (Lloyd Memorial), Alex Ward (Murray), Ryan Timmons (Franklin County), Jordan Olinger (Hazard), Derrius Dumphord (Scott County), Tyshawn Embs (Carroll County), Jonathan Jackson (Mayfield), Jared Bowling (Simon Kenton), Max Nussbaum (Beechwood), Jacob Hodges (Monroe County), Trae Lofton (Mason County), Allen Gonsalves (Bowling Green), Dennis Oxendine (Tates Creek), Justin Carr (Lafayette), Boston Bryant (Whitley County), Tevin Slaughter (Somerset), Mitchell Cook (Warren East), Taylor Centers (Cooper), Michael Jones (Danville), Cade O’Bryan (Ashland Blazer), Brandon Parks (Madison Central), Khalil Frame (Fulton City), Tyler Preston (Boyle County), Elijah Jones (Woodford County), J.K. Howard (Danville), Tan Hudson (Bell County), Darrius Catlett (Murray), Ben Racke (Simon Kenton), Tyler Durham (Campbell County), Tyson Williams (Somerset), Cameron Fogle (Conner), Aaron Jackson (Frankfort), Damir Karapandzic (Danville). Head coach: Jeff Marksberry (Simon Kenton).

Louisville Area Team

Tae’Shawn Gibbs (Central), Dylan Beasley (Nelson County), Devonte Yelder (Central), Jack Sherry (South Oldham), Spencer Sumpter (Pleasure Ridge Park), Zach Shipley (Shelby County), Doreon Gordon (Western), Matt Hornback (LaRue County), Augustine Sarafino (Iroquois), Mikal Howard (Jeffersontown), Romon Morris (Ballard), Dishan Romine (Manual), Dallas Banks (South Oldham), Taywan Taylor (Pleasure Ridge Park), Lemondray Clemons (St. Xavier), Deonte Clyburn (St. Xavier), Domonick Brown (John Hardin), Daeshawn Bertram (Trinity), Aaron Nix (Eastern), Demontre Boyd (Central), Devyn Noe (Bullitt East), Jabari Jordan (Trinity), Raymond Brown (Jeffersontown), Johnny Hopkins (North Hardin), Bobby Bryant (Trinity), Jaylan Kyle (Atherton), Alex Hibbs (Pleasure Ridge Park), Terell Paysen (LaRue County), Alex Gossett (Bullitt Central), Andrew Okruch (Bullitt East), Reed Montgomery (Nelson County), William Currie (Spencer County), Joey Bloomfield (Ballard), Jamie Breaden (South Oldham), Troy Hart (St. Xavier), Nathan Case (Male), Karl Roesler (St. Xavier), Cory Smith (St. Xavier), Cam Lewis (Ballard), Jacob Clair (Pleasure Ridge Park). Head coach: Kenny Walker (Atherton).

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...-1/rsslink
Wish there was a webcast of this game.
Louisville kids beat the state kids 9-8.
Jonathan Jackson from Mayfield one of the Ky captains had 5 tackles and a forced fumble with only playing about half the game.
State team had 3 field goals blocked, one as time expired.
This sounds like one heck of a game. I would imagine the playbooks were not opened very far considering the state guys only started practicing together on fri. I don't see how they could have made much of a playbook for that. I think it would even be hard to figure out what pieces go where in that amount of time. Seems to me like they should plan more time together before they actually play a game like that.
Any news on the player who was injured during this game?
Not much on this game.
I haven't even heard about anyone getting hurt. I hope it was just something minor. You gotta hate to hear that someone got hurt in a game like that. The whole idea behind them having this game is to give these guys a chance to showcase their talents. I really hate to hear that.
A player from the Loisville team was knock out and had to leave on a stretcher. Was real surprised they did not have an ambulance on site during the game, had to wait around 10 min. for ambulance to show up.
On another post someone said everything came back Neg. and he was releaced from Hosp. That is Good News.
That's great news. Hopefully he gets more chances to play.
Did Jordan Olinger get in PT in this one..