Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2013
I could like either

Hazard vs Belfry
Or
Pikeville vs Hazard
Pikeville and Hazard in the PCB would be a good game ,imo.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Pikeville and Hazard in the PCB would be a good game ,imo.

I agree and this would be a dandy game to start the season out..
Pikeville could make it back to the title game next year. It depends on the off season and how hard they work.
Just saw the offseason program for the team. if they get after it and work hard itll b a very good season for the panthers.
My understanding is that there are a lot in the weight room right now and the level of weight training they are getting is gonna make a big difference.
Pikeville vs. Hazard is a great match-up. Hazard will bring a large crowd.
^ Excellent thing about this match up i may get to watch it on tv....
if im not mistaking pikeville is supposed to be getting alot of upcoming 8th graders next year as well. imo, this should help the spots that need to be filled in when some of the veterans need a break.
pantherfootball2017 Wrote:if im not mistaking pikeville is supposed to be getting alot of upcoming 8th graders next year as well. imo, this should help the spots that need to be filled in when some of the veterans need a break.

That is correct, depth will be a plus next season, especially on the line. However, it will be young and inexperienced, like last year. But surviving last year was a key, now things are on the up swing. And when "surviving" equates to a Regional Championship appearance and having the Head Coach voted as the Courier Journal's Class A Coach of the Year, I'll take it!!!
Not sure how set in stone this is but i like it!!
Week 0- @ Prestonsburg
Week 1- Pike Co. Bowl Hazard
Week 2- @ Paintsville
Week 3- Sheldon Clark
Week 4- @ Belfry
Week 5- Middlesboro
Week 6- BYE
Week 7- South Floyd
Week 8- @ Phelps
Week 9- Allen Central
Week 10- @ Russell
Mastadon89 Wrote:Not sure how set in stone this is but i like it!!
Week 0- @ Prestonsburg
Week 1- Pike Co. Bowl Hazard
Week 2- @ Paintsville
Week 3- Sheldon Clark
Week 4- @ Belfry
Week 5- Middlesboro
Week 6- BYE
Week 7- South Floyd
Week 8- @ Phelps
Week 9- Allen Central
Week 10- @ Russell

You have to respect what Pikeville is trying to do by beefing up this schedule. JC has played some tough teams but not to the degree Pikeville has taken it. Those boys will be ready to make a push at a Class A title in years to come or maybe sooner. :Thumbs:
i believe the Pikeville Panthers will be the team to beat this coming up year. They got a lot of beef in the weight room, and you can gurantee that they're looking for a spot in the state championship in 2013.
With 18 of 22 starters back, including all of the main skill guy - you have to think Pikeville is going to be very good next season.

I actually look for a more competitive game with Belfry next season, and other than that game, they may run the table in the regular season.
The returning starters are huge for this still young team. That many to possibly/more than likely to be leaders.
Speaking of Belfry how do they look?
Idk bout running the table with some tough road games in the sched but it b nice if it happened
^ overall I look for Belfry to take a step back this coming year. Some quality skill guys returning, but big questions at oline and grave concerns at Lb/De.
Mastadon89 Wrote:The returning starters are huge for this still young team. That many to possibly/more than likely to be leaders.
Speaking of Belfry how do they look?
Idk bout running the table with some tough road games in the sched but it b nice if it happened

Belfry has some questions on defense and the Oline from losing some Seniors with a ton of game experience. With that said, there is no better collection of skill guys returning in EKY.

Like PaytoPlay said..I don't expect Belfry to be as strong as last year, especially early on, but they are far and away the favorite to advance out of the East in 3A again and will once again be on the short list as one of the best teams East of I-75.

As for Pikeville and their schedule... Pburg, Hazard, Middlesboro, and Russell all appear to be equal competition. I expect Pikeille to finish 6-4 worst case or 9-1 best case. I'd say 7-3 or 8-2 are the most realistic.

My guess is this is the first time in a while that the Pikeville/Belfry game is still in doubt in the 4th Quarter. I think Pikeville fans have a lot to be optimistic about next season.
Still will have alot of young kids playing, but this year will have more seniors on the field. Looking at the schedule I agree with EKU a wide range of possibilities. I think Sheldon Clark beat them alst year in a very close game and if I'm not mistaken the Cards were very young last year as well. The Hazard matchup early in the season will be a good measuring stick. I could see the Bulldogs winning the early game with the Panthers winning a rematch in the post season. Coach Dixon does a very good job, so even though Hazard has lost some nice players the last couple of years to graduation, they will be dangerous. The Belfry game, yes, more competitive but I still don't see the Panthers having the depth to beat the Pirates. I like what Coach Mac has done with his out of district schedule, because frankly Pikeville's district schedule really doesn't prepare them very well for the post season. It should be a very exciting year in Pike County for football.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:My guess is this is the first time in a while that the Pikeville/Belfry game is still in doubt in the 4th Quarter. I think Pikeville fans have a lot to be optimistic about next season.
If you are right, I will be overjoyed.

I think if Pikeville beats Belfry in the near future, 2014 is the best chance. Not that it would be likely, but it is at home with an experienced group for the most part with BHS losing a lot of important pieces, while still being fairly young.

Once again, not expecting anything, but boy would it be nice.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Still will have alot of young kids playing, but this year will have more seniors on the field. Looking at the schedule I agree with EKU a wide range of possibilities. I think Sheldon Clark beat them alst year in a very close game and if I'm not mistaken the Cards were very young last year as well. The Hazard matchup early in the season will be a good measuring stick. I could see the Bulldogs winning the early game with the Panthers winning a rematch in the post season. Coach Dixon does a very good job, so even though Hazard has lost some nice players the last couple of years to graduation, they will be dangerous. The Belfry game, yes, more competitive but I still don't see the Panthers having the depth to beat the Pirates. I like what Coach Mac has done with his out of district schedule, because frankly Pikeville's district schedule really doesn't prepare them very well for the post season. It should be a very exciting year in Pike County for football.
IMO, Sheldon Clark is a "must-win", as it is probably the most winnable outside of Paintsville and the District. Paintsville is a must-win. And you would like to get at least 2/3 out of Hazard, Middlesboro, and Russell (Not going to be easy). The Belfry game, you want to get the W, but competing for 4 quarters would be a big step up.

I really think PHS fans will enjoy the schedule as a lot of game should be competitive if the Panthers improve as expected.
Been following PHS football for quite awile and I can't remember a better schedule. The Panthers should be ready for a long postseason run...and I agree with the consensus that Pikeville/Belfry being a game in the 4th would be wonderful. Should be a very exciting year.
jetpilot Wrote:Been following PHS football for quite awile and I can't remember a better schedule. The Panthers should be ready for a long postseason run...and I agree with the consensus that Pikeville/Belfry being a game in the 4th would be wonderful. Should be a very exciting year.

*awhile
Spring practice starts today for the panthers
Panther Thunder Wrote:IMO, Sheldon Clark is a "must-win", as it is probably the most winnable outside of Paintsville and the District. Paintsville is a must-win. And you would like to get at least 2/3 out of Hazard, Middlesboro, and Russell (Not going to be easy). The Belfry game, you want to get the W, but competing for 4 quarters would be a big step up.

I really think PHS fans will enjoy the schedule as a lot of game should be competitive if the Panthers improve as expected.

IDK about the pikeville fans but I am very glad to get the rivalry back in the regular season. Something was missing when it wasn't played. Alot of history there.
Panthers offseason workouts are paying off! Great speed @ the skill positions & good size & experience up front. Look for the Panthers defense to be more physical this year than they have been in a long time. With 6 Playoff type games that will require 4 quarters of football to win, this team will be an extremely tough out come playoff time.
The Panthers playing a tough non district schedule, going four FULL quarters will make a difference in the post season.It looks as though they will have what it takes for an exciting year of Pikeville football. Can't wait.