Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who poses A Threat In 2013 For Another Central vs Belfry Re-Match
Give your thoughts which teams have a chance to derail another Central - Belfry re-match.

I will start . I know that Bourbon County returns alot, but they must get physical and stronger. I have heard that Russell is suppose to be good.

In the west: Central returns 14 starters . Tihlman and Wayne County are suppose to be strong.

I feel that it will be another Central-belfry re-match in 2013. However Central will have the toughest road to get there just like this season.
The KSHAA.
WOW! 14 returning starters! Central will probably take it again.

Does Bourbon County return the star RB?
I would just about bet Belfry will be back. And if Central is there the score is getting cut every year. I hope it is a re-match, I love the 4 and a half hour drive.
Most definately Paducah Tilghman if they can get the coaching staff fixed, esp with all the Lone Oak transfers.
Bell co. Just like every year.
jetpilot Wrote:The KSHAA.

Who is "The KSHAA"? :biggrin:
Crossbones Wrote:Who is "The KSHAA"? :biggrin:

Ooooops!:insane:
LWC Wrote:WOW! 14 returning starters! Central will probably take it again.

Does Bourbon County return the star RB?

No, the younger of the 2 will be returning along with the QB, that is, if they don't transfer again.
Tilghman had Lone Oak transfers last year and it meant didly squat.

PT has a young QB with potential, but they had big graduation losses. There's talk of more Lone Oak transfers, including Sherill, the LO running back. Who knows?

When opposing teams know your plays so well they call out your sets before you do, it might be time to tweak a few things.

Don't see much of a 3A challenge arising from the western flatlands.
South Warren will be strong
In the West, South Warren will be the biggest threat. They have a big senior class that has been through their system now for 3 years and should be very good. Bell will still be a contender but they have to get through Central in round 3 which is always a tough task. Watch out if they do! Central is still the favorite.

In the East, I would say it is a two horse race with Breathitt claiming this is a re-building year (and they have to play Belfry in round 3). Bourbon can give Belfry a run this year if they stay healthy and improve each week. Their schedule will prepare them much better this year. They return 12 very good seniors that now have some big game experience. They had Belfry on the ropes going late in the 3rd quarter in the semi's (14-10 late 3rd). Belfry is still the favorite, but I do think that will be a game to watch this year if both teams can hold up and make the re-match happen.

Should be an exciting year to see if anyone pushes the two front runners.
Wayne poses a threat they were a yard away from knocking off Central last year. They return 18 starters.
joethegreek Wrote:Give your thoughts which teams have a chance to derail another Central - Belfry re-match.

I will start . I know that Bourbon County returns alot, but they must get physical and stronger. I have heard that Russell is suppose to be good.

In the west: Central returns 14 starters . Tihlman and Wayne County are suppose to be strong.

I feel that it will be another Central-belfry re-match in 2013. However Central will have the toughest road to get there just like this season.

Russell will be in much the same boat as Pikeville was last year. I wouldn't consider them a threat this year. After that yes.

From the East I think Mason County will be a team to watch. I think they will be very good.

From the West Tighlman will have the speed but I don't think enough to knock Central off of the 3A perch.

I look for the same result. With Central continuing their amazing run.
Wayne County is the best bet in the West...not sure anyone in the East will be able to match up with Belfry.

On paper the hill for Belfry to climb seems a bit steeper than previous years. Central certainly has less question marks entering this season compared to the Pirates.
Belfry is going to be good. But to think they will rival the 11' and 12' team is not realistic. There is talent, but the guys who may be counted on are going to be SUPER young and not ready to compete for a ring IMO. I am saying it now. Hayden Hatfield will have to move to DE and play in space this year. I know Coach will hate to move him off the line where he played so well, but the capable bodies that can play LB/DE are few and YOUNG.

Gonna be able to make a playoff run IMO, but this team will take some real lumps.
Wayne Co. had Central beat last season at Central and couldn't seal the deal. Wayne would be my pick to win their Dist. and give Central all they want.
Joe, I don't know what you're doing making football threads... that time of year is when you're a Miner... oh wait, no, they don't make the playoffs. Whoever is winning in the area, right buddy? Lol.
Belfry has the easiest path in the entire state to the finals. Class 3A in the East is horrible overall and is a joke.
Though, Breathitt is going through some changes still got to say Belfry will still have toget pass them!!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Belfry has the easiest path in the entire state to the finals. Class 3A in the East is horrible overall and is a joke.

It is pretty weak now that Holcomb has went to LCC.
Wayne County will be ready!
I tell you what a joke is, Ashland dropping Belfry because they said they were going to be down this year. This is the reason Coach Hart gave when not signing the new contract.
cowboyup Wrote:I tell you what a joke is, Ashland dropping Belfry because they said they were going to be down this year. This is the reason Coach Hart gave when not signing the new contract.

Get upset if you want to cowboy but everything that I said was true. Class 3A in the East has the worst competition in the state and since the KHSAA expanded the football classes all those above average Belfry teams have had a cake walk to the finals.
BobbyBoushe Wrote:No, the younger of the 2 will be returning along with the QB, that is, if they don't transfer again.

Thought the QB was a Senior last year?
It is not Belfry's problem about the status of 3A football in the east. Their concern lies in navigating a really tough schedule, the development of a young O line, and filling the secondary spots and middle LB spots. That being said, the ability to stay healthy will be key for this team. Finally, the navigation back to BG just recently got a boost when Justin Johnson got cleared by a neurologist to play again. His ability to stay healthy had been a major issue, but if he can, wow what a backfield. It will always be interesting on Pond Creek for sure.
bucslover68 Wrote:It is not Belfry's problem about the status of 3A football in the east. Their concern lies in navigating a really tough schedule, the development of a young O line, and filling the secondary spots and middle LB spots. That being said, the ability to stay healthy will be key for this team. Finally, the navigation back to BG just recently got a boost when Justin Johnson got cleared by a neurologist to play again. His ability to stay healthy had been a major issue, but if he can, wow what a backfield. It will always be interesting on Pond Creek for sure.

thats gr8 to hear about Justin,maybe he can get a little more padding in his helmet..
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Get upset if you want to cowboy but everything that I said was true. Class 3A in the East has the worst competition in the state and since the KHSAA expanded the football classes all those above average Belfry teams have had a cake walk to the finals.

Above average Belfry team that whipped y'all in 2011, lol. Last year, well hell nobody comes to Ashland and win. 3A East must not be too far behind 3A West since we've lost the last two championships by a combined 7 points.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Get upset if you want to cowboy but everything that I said was true. Class 3A in the East has the worst competition in the state and since the KHSAA expanded the football classes all those above average Belfry teams have had a cake walk to the finals.

I'm not upset, the east has been weaker. There are and have been good teams in the east. What I stated is also the truth about Ashland. Evidently Ashland thinks they can't play with a weak east team and puts more stock in good regular season records than preparing themself for hard playoff teams. Which would prepare them better for the playoffs Belfry or Sheldon Clark(there new week 7 opponent).
Lol Belfry returns their entire offensive skillset and gets dropped because we'll be down, and picks up SCHS... the 4-seed in our district.