Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 5 Pikeville 4
Belfry pulls out another huge win. I dont have stats on this game but I do know that is a impressive win. Especially without Chapman. Belfry has been playing some good ball lately. They split with a red hot Johnson Central team and beat Paintsville and Pikeville. They did loose to a very good SC team. I honestly never thought Belfry could beat some teams they have beat without Aaron on the mound. Belfry has a pretty impressive resume. They own a win over Paintsville, Pikeville, Johnson Central, and Sheldon Clark. They also played AC very close without Chapman that game. Chapman was also injured during the JC games. Belfry may not win the region (then they may also) but they will be a dangerous team to have to face. Congrats Pirates and any stats would be appreciated.
Absolutely no way Belfry wins the region.
I see the 15th Region baseball shaping up just like the basketball tourney did. There are 5-6 teams that can put together a 3 game streak, they don't have to play perfect but they have to be consistent. WHO will it be? I, in no way am saying that the Pirates will win it, but if jetpilot already knows who will win the region I am willing to let him/her pick me some lottery numbers so I can quit my job !!!!!!!
WOW..Talk about Pikeville being UP and DOWN!
im sure pikeville had the lead and then lost it later during the game
Pikeville scored 3 runs in the first. I know it was tied at 3 in the 5th inning when Belfry scored 2 runs. The spophmore Robert L Runyon (Chapmans half brother) got the win pitching 6 innings and allowing only 6 hits and 3 walks. He also fanned four batters. And Freshman Tyler Dotson got the save. McKenzie Carter took the loss for Pikeville. Im defintley impressed with Belfry pitchers holding Pikeville to 4 runs. They have stepped it up nicely and you have to respect that.
Also accoriding to the WDN this was the first time a Pike team has beaten Pikeville in 4 years. My hats off to the Pirates.
Way to go Pirates !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Big win going into district!
Wow i didnt think belfry would pull it off! Congrats
NYY10 Wrote:im sure pikeville had the lead and then lost it later during the game

This is exactly what happened in the Phelps Belfry game... Phelps was up 7-4 in the 7th and Belfry came back to win by 1!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well.... ya gotta love baseball!!!!! Big Grin