Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott County 70 - Lawrence County 63
Free throws-
Elliott 28 for 39
Lawrence 13 for 34
unofficial statistics
Haha worst officiated game I have seen as a broadcaster. Lawrence should have won an the referees literally took the game away from them on several plays. Bulldogs are talented, quick, and play with heart. It's a shame they got robbed.
Must be a UK fan. Has an excuse for every loss.
Anyone there will say the same thing
73 free throws all the refs and KHSaa are doing is screwing with the games. Let the kids decide games not the so called referees we have to tolerate at the games !!!!!
You tell em grad'02, may have been the worse "officials" I have EVER saw at a game. I understand that our work at the charity stripe wasn't all that great, but when the officiating is that lopsided you have to wonder about the integrity of the refs. One play in peticular was when we were down 4 or 5 and and our player pulled up from at least a foot beyond the 3 point line and the ref called it a 2. Understandable that everyone makes mistakes but when you make so many against the SAME team on the SAME night you have to get suspicious.:lame:
ozzy72666 Wrote:73 free throws all the refs and KHSaa are doing is screwing with the games. Let the kids decide games not the so called referees we have to tolerate at the games !!!!!

Coaches have taught kids to bang, grab, handcheck, and make the game as physical as possible.

They think that is defense.

I hope it is cleaned up.
I will tell them lol. It was sad to see the kids from LC work so hard and play good and yet have the game taken from them. It would be one thing if Elliott would have won on their own and no questions asked but clearly that wasn't the case. Austin Chaffins was the guard that shot that three and he was clearly a foot behind the 3-point line. I was announcing from the floor and I watched his feet as he released the ball. The ref even help up 3-point with his fingers, then they all got together and the coach talked to them then they changed the call . I'm sorry but that's complete bullcrap.. Anyways, LC keep your heads up and keep working hard. If that's how the games are going to be played then so be it, game on!!!!
Make your free throws and you win. End of excuses.
So if we give LC the extra point they lose by 6. I just want to make sure I completely understand, you miss 21 free throws, loss by 7 and it's the officials fault. Correct?
FenceDawg Wrote:You tell em grad'02, may have been the worse "officials" I have EVER saw at a game. I understand that our work at the charity stripe wasn't all that great, but when the officiating is that lopsided you have to wonder about the integrity of the refs. One play in peticular was when we were down 4 or 5 and and our player pulled up from at least a foot beyond the 3 point line and the ref called it a 2. Understandable that everyone makes mistakes but when you make so many against the SAME team on the SAME night you have to get suspicious.:lame:

I don't quite understand the comment I put in bold. If the first post is correct, looks like foul calls and free throws worked out about even. May not have been a well called game, I wasn't there and have no clue, but looks like LC had plenty of opportunities from the ft line and didn't come close to converting. Heck, if they would have just shot 60% from the ft line, that wins them the game, and 60% is still pretty crummy. Got to hit your free throws, any game every game...if they did looks like they could have gotten the W.
It's bad enough how many calls were made on both sides. Several times a call was made and the coach talked to the ref and they changed it. Lc fouls were mostly in the first half and early third quarter with Elliott winning. Bulldogs got the lead late in the 3rd and into the 4th period and that's when Elliott started piling up free throws one after another and everything was going wrong for lc. I'm not on here to argue with you or anyone else but I would say if you talk to fans from both sides they would tell you the same thing.
Elliott county just played a better game than LC did that night, you had Isaiah Griffith shutting down the two transfer guards and Holbrook came up with a couple big rebounds that helped secure the win. nuff said