Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 10 v. Allen Central 1
Matt Fyffe comes out and sticks it to the Rebels with 16 K's and only 2 hits allowed and one earned run. Another great performance by the 8th grader Stacy. 3-4 tonight that makes him I believe 9 for his last 11.

Great win Eagles and good luck to Allen Central in their district tournament.
Wow...16's and a 10-1 win over Allen Central. Johnson Central is playing good at the right time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who pitched for Ac?
Good game eagles.......They are looking a lot better at the right time of the year:letsparty
Allen Central looked very flat tonight. The first 3 innings may be the worst I have seen them play this year, and they couldn't catch a break either. I mean when a ball goes down the first base line slowly that would be the 3rd out of the inning and then hits the bag and bounces straight over the 1st baseman's head things are going bad. Hammonds started for AC, but was pulled in the first after giving up 3 runs on 2 hits and issuing a number of walks.

JC's pitcher threw really well also. He got a little help from the umpire as well, but that doesn't take away from his performance. He was on tonight. Turner and Little looked good for AC that last couple of innings as well.
AC did seem off 2night, but they have had a packed sceduel this week which included 2 double headers 2 nights in a row. But most of the mistakes made for AC were partly because there heads IMO were not in it 2night I think they have had too many games secheduled before districts and regionals. But Im not making excuses for them thats just my opinion....Fyffe was on fire tonight though he threw really hard, at least it seemed.....
Fyffe was throwing hard and hitting his spots, which when speed and accuracy are combined, it is tough to hit regardless who is pitching. AC was without starting catcher Brock Kidd, and it showed. Conley didn't do that bad after the 3rd inning, but by then, it was too late. He had some passed balls and a throwing error or 2. Kidd was missed both offensively and defensively. All I can say is I hope AC gets it together before next week, or it's one and done. Congrats JC on the "hard fought" win.
AC is not a contender (which most already knew) and JC is now playing the best ball and is the favorite to win the region...
Just b/c u have one bad game doesnt mean ur not a contender for the region anyone could have a bad game and be out, it just depends on how you play in the tournament. I think this region is Wide Open anyone could take it.
jetpilot Wrote:AC is not a contender (which most already knew) and JC is now playing the best ball and is the favorite to win the region...
And you base these assumptions on what?Rolleyes Rolleyes
jetpilot Wrote:AC is not a contender (which most already knew) and JC is now playing the best ball and is the favorite to win the region...
JC must get out of the 57th before they can be called a favorite.
Questions:

1) Why do you attempt to steal when you are down 10-1 in the 6th inning? Allen Central runners were gunned down twice in the 6th trying to steal.

2) How many innings does Turner throw per week? Appears to me that he and Little are pitched to death. I could not see the point in bringing either him or Little in to pitch with the game already out of reach.

3) Has anybody ever worked with Little? He could be a dandy pitcher, but I can see why he has had arm problems with his delivery.
bigcountry Wrote:Questions:

1) Why do you attempt to steal when you are down 10-1 in the 6th inning? Allen Central runners were gunned down twice in the 6th trying to steal.

2) How many innings does Turner throw per week? Appears to me that he and Little are pitched to death. I could not see the point in bringing either him or Little in to pitch with the game already out of reach.

3) Has anybody ever worked with Little? He could be a dandy pitcher, but I can see why he has had arm problems with his delivery.

1) When a pitcher is throwing the ball well and not having control problems, you try to take advantage of every situation possible. Also, IMO, the 2nd runner was in there just by a bit. But just because you're down doesn't mean you give up. Perhaps the AC runner gets to second safely, or a throw over the head at second gets him to third. It may give a little momentum and the next guy hits the ball anywhere -- you've gotten another run.

2) Turner and Little have been used this last week as pretty much a setup man and closer routine. They haven't started a game. I think Turner has thrown about 4-5 innings and Little 4 innings. Both have thrown less pitches than Fyffe threw the whole game last night this week. I don't think that is being pitched to death.

3) Little has been worked with considerably. How do you think he has gotten as good as he is? Do you remember him from 2 years before? I didn't think so. In the last 2 years he has just continued to get better. He has worked on his delivery and mechanics all while getting his arm much stronger. That's why he is now pitching this season instead of sitting out with arm problems. That's why he has been throwing 4-5 innings per week the last couple of weeks and not sitting out like the first half of season. But I do agree that he still has a lot more work to do to cut down on future problems. I don't doubt that his dad and his coach will work on getting him better and better.
The Guru Wrote:And you base these assumptions on what?Rolleyes Rolleyes

:thumpsup: :Clap:
Pacman Wrote:1) When a pitcher is throwing the ball well and not having control problems, you try to take advantage of every situation possible. Also, IMO, the 2nd runner was in there just by a bit. But just because you're down doesn't mean you give up. Perhaps the AC runner gets to second safely, or a throw over the head at second gets him to third. It may give a little momentum and the next guy hits the ball anywhere -- you've gotten another run.

2) Turner and Little have been used this last week as pretty much a setup man and closer routine. They haven't started a game. I think Turner has thrown about 4-5 innings and Little 4 innings. Both have thrown less pitches than Fyffe threw the whole game last night this week. I don't think that is being pitched to death.

3) Little has been worked with considerably. How do you think he has gotten as good as he is? Do you remember him from 2 years before? I didn't think so. In the last 2 years he has just continued to get better. He has worked on his delivery and mechanics all while getting his arm much stronger. That's why he is now pitching this season instead of sitting out with arm problems. That's why he has been throwing 4-5 innings per week the last couple of weeks and not sitting out like the first half of season. But I do agree that he still has a lot more work to do to cut down on future problems. I don't doubt that his dad and his coach will work on getting him better and better.

OooooooKay.

Thanks for revolutionizing the game.:thumpsup: I was wondering when an overhaul was forthcoming.
LOL, they must have seemed off, because THEY GOT POUNDED!!!!!!
bigcountry Wrote:OooooooKay.

Thanks for revolutionizing the game.:thumpsup: I was wondering when an overhaul was forthcoming.

You asked the questions. I just simply gave you the answers. You seemed as if you didn't know so I figured I would help you out.:Thumbs:
Excuses won't make this game seem closer than it was, because there are no excuses. JC came to play, and it took AC a good 3-4 innings to even notice a game was going on. JC was shut down after Turner and Little came in, and Fyffe pitched one heck of a game. Yes, there were a few questionable coaching moves made, but you have to give 'em a little bit of credit for still playing hard, and not giving up. I wish this game would've been a little better to watch. Good Luck to both teams in the postseason.
Pacman Wrote:You asked the questions. I just simply gave you the answers. You seemed as if you didn't know so I figured I would help you out.:Thumbs:

I said thanks and gave you the :thumpsup: . What more can I say.

I was just bumfuzzled . Now I know why you put your #1 pitcher in when you are down 10-0 and then try to steal twice in the same inning down 10-1, when you have struggled to get a runner on base the whole game. It makes perfect sense now. Thank you again.

I agree that Turner and Little did do better than the two previous pitchers, but JC did score 5 runs off of Turner, so I dont know about the shutdown part of the statement from strikeoutking.
All Jc's Runs came off of Josh Prater and Alex Hammonds
NationalFan Wrote:All Jc's Runs came off of Josh Prater and Alex Hammonds
Really? When Turner came in JC was ahead 5-0. When the game ended the score was JC 10-AC 1. Figure that one out.
AC's back-up catcher (who ever it was) gave up 7 runs by himself.... if Brock Kidd plays in this game it is a whole different ball game
Only 2 runs are accredited to Turner. The bases were loaded when he came in if I remember correctly. None of those 3 are off Turner. Also, those runs may not have scored either if the ball doesn't take a wild hop over the 3rd baseman's head and then another off the bag at first. Then AC's 2nd baseman also stayed back on one just a little too long that allowed for an infield hit. It wasn't as if they ripped Turner. And that is also why they brought him in down 5-0 in the game. If he gets those plays without the hops, JC possibly doesn't score and the game is still 5-0 after the 3rd and with AC's offense this season they are still in this game. As for Little, he is brought in only to pitch 2 innings in which he threw around 20 pitches to keep the game at hand. AC, I am sure, wanted to save Turner for a couple innings vs. Leslie Co. the following night, and have Little available as well for an inning or so if needed.
Pacman Wrote:Allen Central looked very flat tonight. The first 3 innings may be the worst I have seen them play this year, and they couldn't catch a break either. I mean when a ball goes down the first base line slowly that would be the 3rd out of the inning and then hits the bag and bounces straight over the 1st baseman's head things are going bad. Hammonds started for AC, but was pulled in the first after giving up 3 runs on 2 hits and issuing a number of walks.

JC's pitcher threw really well also. He got a little help from the umpire as well, but that doesn't take away from his performance. He was on tonight. Turner and Little looked good for AC that last couple of innings as well.

QUESTION: Why does every kid that pitches a good game ALWAYS get help from the umpire. Congradulations Matt. :dontthink
StormTrooper33 Wrote:AC's back-up catcher (who ever it was) gave up 7 runs by himself.... if Brock Kidd plays in this game it is a whole different ball game
If Ivan Rodriguez played for Allen Central I'm sure it would have been different too, but he doesn't.
Pacman Wrote:Only 2 runs are accredited to Turner. The bases were loaded when he came in if I remember correctly. None of those 3 are off Turner. Also, those runs may not have scored either if the ball doesn't take a wild hop over the 3rd baseman's head and then another off the bag at first. Then AC's 2nd baseman also stayed back on one just a little too long that allowed for an infield hit. It wasn't as if they ripped Turner. And that is also why they brought him in down 5-0 in the game. If he gets those plays without the hops, JC possibly doesn't score and the game is still 5-0 after the 3rd and with AC's offense this season they are still in this game. As for Little, he is brought in only to pitch 2 innings in which he threw around 20 pitches to keep the game at hand. AC, I am sure, wanted to save Turner for a couple innings vs. Leslie Co. the following night, and have Little available as well for an inning or so if needed.
First off,National fan said that none of the runs were Turners or Little's.

Wild hops? How is that play any different than any of the other freak stuff that always happens in baseball. Baseball has always been a game of inches. There is always something that happens , that if it had been an inch closer, if it had been an inch the other way, etc. That's just the way the game is. Dont start the old excuses games.

Infield hits go both ways in this game. AC got a check swing infield hit off Fyffe if I remember correctly. If Johnson Central's first baseman had not of stayed in his normal postion and played halfway up the line that hit would have never happened either. Sheesh, what a statement.

Next question, if the game against JC was so important that you have to bring Turner or Little in, why not just start one of them to begin with? Totally makes no sense. Little threw far more than 20 pitches in 2 innings , so dont go there either. Why would you bring Little in to keep the game at hand if the score is already 10-1? Why would it matter if it was a 11-1 game or a 12-1 game. The game was over, forget it, and focus on tomorrow. If the Leslie game was so important, I think I would have tried to save everything I had for them instead of worring about if JC scored 1 or 2 more runs in a game that had already been decided. It was a definate that Fyffe was in control. Heck it's no wonder that Little has had arm problems. The more you guys talk , the sillier and more excuse ridden you are sounding.
bigcountry Wrote:First off,National fan said that none of the runs were Turners or Little's.

Wild hops? How is that play any different than any of the other freak stuff that always happens in baseball. Baseball has always been a game of inches. There is always something that happens , that if it had been an inch closer, if it had been an inch the other way, etc. That's just the way the game is. Dont start the old excuses games.

Infield hits go both ways in this game. AC got a check swing infield hit off Fyffe if I remember correctly. If Johnson Central's first baseman had not of stayed in his normal postion and played halfway up the line that hit would have never happened either. Sheesh, what a statement.

Next question, if the game against JC was so important that you have to bring Turner or Little in, why not just start one of them to begin with? Totally makes no sense. Little threw far more than 20 pitches in 2 innings , so dont go there either. Why would you bring Little in to keep the game at hand if the score is already 10-1? Why would it matter if it was a 11-1 game or a 12-1 game. The game was over, forget it, and focus on tomorrow. If the Leslie game was so important, I think I would have tried to save everything I had for them instead of worring about if JC scored 1 or 2 more runs in a game that had already been decided. It was a definate that Fyffe was in control. Heck it's no wonder that Little has had arm problems. The more you guys talk , the sillier and more excuse ridden you are sounding.
Big Country please believe that everyone at Ac is not silly. But i can understand why you would think so. Nothing about this game made any sense. The only thing you are wrong about Is Littles pitch count, it was 15 I counted them. Be thankful you are connected to a school thats cares about baseball the way JC does.
It doesn't matter who says what because like I said this game would come down to hitting and let's face it AC didn't stand a chance against Fyffe the other night! He was on fire! If AC really wanted a good chance at winning why not start Little or Turner? Why waste them when the opposing pitcher is lights out and with a commanding lead? Just doesn't make sense to me all the excuses! AC played hard but was out played the other night. That is the only excuse for that game. AC just got beat by a better team on that night!

Good Luck AC in the district!
Good job J.C
Congrats to Matt and the Eagles on the win. I heard Matt had a no-hitter going for a pretty good while.