Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports: James Coley to accept the OC position at Kentucky
Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky Reports say James Coley will follow Mark Stoops to the University of Kentucky as the Offensive Coordinator.

It was also reported on ESPN Tallahassee that he had accepted it
Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky I do believe Coley will be formally announced as early as Sunday, per reports, but he WILL follow Stoops. Just for clarification.

Thomas Beisner ‏@thomasbeisner If this Coley news is true, the next guy to watch is Dameyune Craig. Recruiting coordinator, first job was w/ Dolphins when Coley on staff.
Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky Unless Stoops has idea of bringing in Brown as well and this is already planned out? I'm not sure. As of right now, Coley will be your OC.

Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky Still has me in question why Coley wouldn't come as OC. That is the position he was offered, why would that change after he accepted?

Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky Still some question on Coley being OC. He is still coming, but could the plot be to bring in Neal Brown and have a 2 Headed Monster at OC?
Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ .@toddnky If Coley comes, there's no guarantee he's coming as OC. Could be recruiting coordinator, etc.
I really hope that he follows Stoops to Kentucky! I think he could do wonders with the offense!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
He needs a better OC.
Maybe he could get scumbag as his OC?

So negative.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He needs a better OC.

Why do you feel that way?
I can't see Coley leaving Florida St to come to Kentucky just to be a recruiting coordinator....IMO he will be on the sideline calling plays next year.
I seen on another site that Bleacherrport is reporting that Coley will come to KY as Associate Head Coach and Recruiting Coordinator and that Kentucky was working on someone else to bring in as OC.
^Now we're talking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Seems like to me that this was thought up for awhile.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Strikeout King Wrote:I seen on another site that Bleacherrport is reporting that Coley will come to KY as Associate Head Coach and Recruiting Coordinator and that Kentucky was working on someone else to bring in as OC.

Smart choice.

I swear some of the "fans" on here would be happy if we hired the worst coach in America as long as he was a "nice" guy.

Do you all not understand what conference we play in? If Stoops wants to turn this program around he needs a big name and good coach. If he doesnt make that hire he will be gone in 3 years due to not progressing just like Joke.
I have no problem with Coley being brought in as a recruiting coordinator. His ties are good one, and anything that will get us out of this state and Georgia is a good thing.

FBALL, you do bring up a good point in your smart alec ways, Petrino would be one HELL of a hire as OC.
I dont think Stoops will do that because he know he'll take his job from him eventually :biggrin:
Jim Chaney is in the running for the Tenn job.
So who has been hired officially?
I do believe that both DJ Eliot and James Coley are coming but Coley isn't coming to be the OC, he'll more than likely be the recruiting coordinator and assistant/associate head coach.
Now I'm hearing that Coley maybe staying at FSU