Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of team will Breathitt have next year?
I know they lose alot of skilled players. Who will be there starting qb? rb? receivers?
I think there is a Haddix on there roster somewhere... the Noble kid is the only skill player I am aware of that contributed to them any.

Holcomb has seemed to employ a 3 year cycle.

Year 1 (which will be next season)- This is the rebuild year. Very young team struggles, loses games, sees a lot of improvement, early playoff exit.

Year 2- This is the re-load year. Return nearly the entire team. QB starts to make his mark. Defense improves. When the talent pool is up this team is competitive on the state level, when it is down this team loses several close games before bowing out in the Regional Finals.

Year 3- Now all those underclassmen are 3 year starters, with a couple younger guys to add depth. QB is one of the best in the state. Great timing with WR's and a quick/aggressive defense. This team is a legit Title contender and dominates most teams they play.
They will be down they may even have a new Coach next year also. I know they play Perry,Cent early.
ballboy Wrote:They will be down they may even have a new Coach next year also. I know they play Perry,Cent early.

If Holcombe retires would Haddix get the nod? Anyone have any info on this? I had heard that Mike was debating retirement.
Maybe they can get Chapman back!! He will really turn it around.:biggrin:
I would like to see Haddix get the job but I think he is satisfied in Perry County but you never know. If Holcomb does retire and Haddix isn't interested in the job I believe Kyle Moore would be the front runner. Whomever is coaching next year they will inherit a very young football team. Breathitt lost a lot this year but they do have some experienced players returning next year. As I have discussed in other threads the biggest question mark next year will be at the QB position and skill postions.
Dudley Hilton.....new coach
Cat Daddy Wrote:I would like to see Haddix get the job but I think he is satisfied in Perry County but you never know. If Holcomb does retire and Haddix isn't interested in the job I believe Kyle Moore would be the front runner. Whomever is coaching next year they will inherit a very young football team. Breathitt lost a lot this year but they do have some experienced players returning next year. As I have discussed in other threads the biggest question mark next year will be at the QB position and skill postions.

Trent beat us by himself this year, he was an outstanding athlete for you all. He will be impossible to replace, but with the tradition of good QB's at Breathitt I'm sure someone will do an admirable job.
I guess Breathitt County could have saved a lot of money if they would have left the bus at home. If what your saying is true they could have just driven Trent in a small economy car, lol. Trent is an exceptional player but there is no I in team and he did not play by himself and he did not beat you by himself. Breathitt had a lot of good players and it's time people gave some of them credit. Congrats to all the Bobcat players, your a fine bunch of young men.
Breathitt has maintained their competitiveness for a long time period. I would expect more of the same. Good coaching and a community that has bought in.
Kentucky Sports Fan Wrote:I guess Breathitt County could have saved a lot of money if they would have left the bus at home. If what your saying is true they could have just driven Trent in a small economy car, lol. Trent is an exceptional player but there is no I in team and he did not play by himself and he did not beat you by himself. Breathitt had a lot of good players and it's time people gave some of them credit. Congrats to all the Bobcat players, your a fine bunch of young men.

Yeah the o line as well, big and well coached, but as far as skill players go check the game stats. Trent had over 90% of their production that night
Breathitt will have a rebuilding year but don't overlook them. I hope Holcombe doesn't retire, Breathitt will lose alot if he leaves. It will only take him a year to get back on top, it will take a new coach about 3-4years to transition....
There is a white on the team too. I think everyone remembers about 15 years ago when half of breathitts football team were whites, and they won back to back state championships, If I'm not mistaken he is of the same family. I traveled to both the pike central and belfry game and in the warm ups i thought this kid had a hell of an arm. i think that holcomb will push his team and have them ready for a strong 10 win season in 2013.
Rebuilding, but still not bad.
Twitter: @tc_analytics