Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas offers LSU's Les Miles
Contract is being reported to be 5 years/$27.5 million.
Why would he even consider it?

One could say money, but the only reason he would toy with scheduling an interview is to see get more money out of LSU.
Nothing should come of it. He turned down his alma mater, Michigan in 2007 when they offered him a fat contract.

I just thought it was interesting.
People do crazy things for money.
Lateral move at best. You only leave lsu if bama,Michigan,Notre Dame,or USC are calling
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Lateral move at best. You only leave lsu if bama,Michigan,Notre Dame,or USC are calling

Michigan already tried it lol.
I think this is laughable
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Lateral move at best. You only leave lsu if bama,Michigan,Notre Dame,or USC are calling

I don't think he leaves for any other school....LSU is always a national powerhouse....
Les Miles is staying at LSU and has a new contract in place.

Per Football Scoop

You don't leave LSU for Michigan,USC, and you make Notre Dame pay you Twice the going rate.The only way you leave LSU is Alabama comes calling.
Thats what you call swinging for the fences. Arkansas A D makes The Madhater turn him down and excites his fan base at the same time. He show them that he going to get the best coach he can find.To bad BARNHEAD has not got kahunas this big.
Arkansas never offered Les anything, and Les said so his self,the new head coach at Arkansas will be Chris Peterson from Boise State,alomost certain,but things could change,hes not happy with moving to the Big east..
^ Petersen told the media a few days ago that he's not interested in leaving Boise State for Arkansas, Cal, Auburn, or any coaching vacancy.
cuppett777 Wrote:Arkansas never offered Les anything, and Les said so his self,the new head coach at Arkansas will be Chris Peterson from Boise State,alomost certain,but things could change,hes not happy with moving to the Big east..

There is no one happy to be in the Big East.
toussaints Wrote:^ Petersen told the media a few days ago that he's not interested in leaving Boise State for Arkansas, Cal, Auburn, or any coaching vacancy.

u know how those guys all say that stuff,was told it will be done Tuesday,we will see how good that soruce was..
Les Miles is one of my favorite coaches out there.
I would offer him a 100 Mil if i had it.
HAHAHAHA...Nice try, Arkansas.
HawksRule Wrote:I think this is laughable

Yes it is, Bayou Bengals aren't going to let him go anywhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
cuppett777 Wrote:u know how those guys all say that stuff,was told it will be done Tuesday,we will see how good that soruce was..

yeah, but Petersen has done this every year, nobody buys it, then he ends up staying at Boise

Here's a thought for Arkansas: Butch Davis is available, have to remember that the mess at Miami happened before Davis took over, and the mess at UNC was due to a couple assistants and agents. He knows how to recruit
Les just signed a 7-year extension at LSU. Not sure what the money is
Strikeout King Wrote:Les just signed a 7-year extension at LSU. Not sure what the money is

Alot........lol
cuppett777 Wrote:Arkansas never offered Les anything, and Les said so his self,the new head coach at Arkansas will be Chris Peterson from Boise State,alomost certain,but things could change,hes not happy with moving to the Big east..

Confusednicker:
Peterson prolly isnt happy because even though the Big East is horrible, its still better competetion then Southwestern Community College that Boise rips on every year.
toussaints Wrote:^ Petersen told the media a few days ago that he's not interested in leaving Boise State for Arkansas, Cal, Auburn, or any coaching vacancy.

Isnt that what they all say before leaving? :blabbermo