Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best team not making it to the Big Show?
Who do you all think the best team is for each class, not making it to finals? Figured it would make for good discussion since some of the other thread were starting to die down a little.
For me, as of right now on a few of them.
3A...I'm leaning toward Bell County
4A...Cov Cath
5A...John Hardin
6A...St. X
1A: Beechwood
2A: Somerset
3A: Bell County
4A: Covington Catholic
5A: John Hardin
6A: St. Xavier

Best team overall: John Hardin, 1 defensive stand in the final minute away from playing for a state title.
toussaints Wrote:1A: Beechwood

Best team overall: John Hardin, 1 defensive stand in the final minute away from playing for a state title.

I was getting ready to go with Beechwood in 1A and Somerset in 2A.
I totally agree on John Hardin. Had to be a heart breaker.
1A was the toughest for me to figure, I believe Mayfield is head and shoulders above the rest.

Looks spot on in my book!

not sure if this what you meant but StX would destroy John Hardin.
birdman44 Wrote:not sure if this what you meant but StX would destroy John Hardin.

I don't know about "destroy". Bowling Green beat St.X 38-31 and beat John Hardin 14-13. I just can't see them destroying John Hardin.
birdman44 Wrote:not sure if this what you meant but StX would destroy John Hardin.

i don't think so, Bowling Green beat a healthy St.X and John Hardin had a very strong defense. Right now, I think John Hardin beats St.X with the injuries St.X has
3A Breathitt.The Belfry pressure made us make alot of bad decisions.
Wayne County.
Bell beat Wayne heads up. End of discussion.
1. Scott County
2. Covington Catholic
3. Beechwood
4. Somerset
5. John Hardin

How could Scott County be left off of anyone's list. Based on their outing, being only one quarter away from defeating this states most dominate team, and one of the best teams in the county, they are THE team that is most deserving to be playing for the title for their division.
E's Army Wrote:Bell beat Wayne heads up. End of discussion.

Everyone that got beat got beat heads up by someone. Were you at the Wayne- Bell game? There is always a discussion.
Bell and Scott County IMO. Breahitt County? No. Not very good. Trent very good.
Stardust Wrote:1. Scott County
2. Covington Catholic
3. Beechwood
4. Somerset
5. John Hardin

How could Scott County be left off of anyone's list. Based on their outing, being only one quarter away from defeating this states most dominate team, and one of the best teams in the county, they are THE team that is most deserving to be playing for the title for their division.

I question John Hardin at number 5. IMO none of those teams beat John Hardin after what I saw last Friday. My question for BG fans is who is better, John Hardin or St. X.
hoss403 Wrote:I question John Hardin at number 5. IMO none of those teams beat John Hardin after what I saw last Friday. My question for BG fans is who is better, John Hardin or St. X.

I'd have John Hardin at #1 followed by St X and Scott Co.
HHellBird Wrote:I'd have John Hardin at #1 followed by St X and Scott Co.

I'd say you are spot on Bird. John Hardin was much better than St. X. I know X got better as the season went on, but they are pretty banged up now. John Hardin is a hell of a team.
Bourbon County!! Bourbon County.....no bout a doubt it!!!!
1a hazard
2a desales
3a bell co
4a boyle
5a john hardin
6a scott co
I would rank Wayne County and Monroe County and Bourbon above Breathitt. Breathitt played a week schedule IMO and it showed when they played a team with a good defence.
1a Beechwood
2a Somerset
3a Paducah Tilghman (with a coach)
4a Cov Catholic
5a John Hardin (close 3rd of Warren Central)
6a Scott Co

I wish they would start allowing the two losers of the semi final games to play a consilation game. Think how much fun it would be and how much more money it would bring into the KHSAA and Bowling Grn. Not to mention it would end all of the discussion about who was the best team left out every year. I know some may not like that idea but, I think it would be fun. The teams that got that far worked hard as well and I'm sure they wouldn't mind playing one more game. It would also give kids on 12 more teams a chance to be seen in the big show by college scouts.
I would like to have seen a Monroe - Bell Co. game, playoffs or not. Obviously, the Wayne County team that put a scare into Central had improved since the Bell game because they played Central on equal ground to Bell's efort, as did Monroe.
1A: Beechwood.... then a significant step to a healthy Hazard team

2A: Somerset... then a small jump to Murray

3A: Tossup between Monroe and Bell with the edge going to Monroe

4A: Clearly CovCath... LexCath/Ashland/JC with a toss-up for 2nd a good distance back

5A: Tossup between John Hardin/Warren Central

6A: St.X...with a small gap to Scott County
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:3A Breathitt.The Belfry pressure made us make alot of bad decisions.

Well, that means Belfry was the better team. Handling pressure is apart of being a great team.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Well, that means Belfry was the better team. Handling pressure is apart of being a great team.

He knows that. thats why he's pulling for BIG RED on Friday aint that right stuckinpowell

Agree these are the best in each Class that didnot make it to Finals.
mysonis55 Wrote:1a Beechwood
2a Somerset
3a Paducah Tilghman (with a coach)
4a Cov Catholic
5a John Hardin (close 3rd of Warren Central)
6a Scott Co

I wish they would start allowing the two losers of the semi final games to play a consilation game. Think how much fun it would be and how much more money it would bring into the KHSAA and Bowling Grn. Not to mention it would end all of the discussion about who was the best team left out every year. I know some may not like that idea but, I think it would be fun. The teams that got that far worked hard as well and I'm sure they wouldn't mind playing one more game. It would also give kids on 12 more teams a chance to be seen in the big show by college scouts.

What would Lex Cath get out of having to drive to BG to destroy a team like WE? It would give #70 another chance to show what a dirty thug he is and see how many more headbutts and punches he could get away with.
sstack Wrote:What would Lex Cath get out of having to drive to BG to destroy a team like WE? It would give #70 another chance to show what a dirty thug he is and see how many more headbutts and punches he could get away with.
TO ME !! Wayne county was the best 3A opponent Central has played ( not counting the one we lost to Tilghman ) since the inception of the 6 class system ,
Second best was the 07 belfry team , so my answer is Wayne County.
Coachdad Wrote:TO ME !! Wayne county was the best 3A opponent Central has played ( not counting the one we lost to Tilghman ) since the inception of the 6 class system ,
Second best was the 07 belfry team , so my answer is Wayne County.

What?