Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central - 6 Knott County Central - 3
In Game 1 of a double header, Allen Central scored 6 runs in the bottom of the 4th inning (they just played 5) to beat the Patriots 6-3. Brock Kidd started for AC and had some trouble finding the strike zone. He walked a few in the 1st and KCC got 1 run across, and got 2 more in the 2nd. AC had trouble against KCC starting pitcher, Troy Smith (I think). They started hitting in the 4th, when Jacobs singled, and Turner and Little had back to back doubles. Turner picked up his 9th win of the year, and Little came in for the save.

Game 2 was suspended in the top of the 2nd with AC leading 9-0. They will resume where they left off tomorrow night at 5:00 pm at Stumbo Park!
Closer than I expected...but a win is a win....And i believe this broke the school record for the most wins in a season (18) set by the rebels last year...Congrats Rebels!!
Game 2 featured 8th Grader Logan Crowder on the hill for AC for his first career start at the varsity level. He had 2 K's and no hits through the first inning. The Rebs posted 9 runs in the bottom half of the 1st, including one towering shot hit by Scott Little.
Great Game Rebels ....Lets hope we can keep it up 2morrow....
I was there for the LL games that were going on and watched this from time to time. The first game looked like Knott Central was going to take it. Allen Central's pitcher was struggling. They did bring in the Turner kid and that kept Knott at bay. I'm not sure what inning the game was in, but IMO, Knott County got ripped a new one by the umpires. The guy behind the plate looked to have a pretty good strike zone until that inning. Knott did bring in a new pitcher and he looked to be a little shaky at first, but warmed up after a couple of batters. That's when the umps took over and that was all she rode. Knott's pitcher couldn't get a strike called. Seemed like the umps strike zone took on the size of a popcicle stick. Then there was a play at first that wasn't close, IMO, the runner was safe anyway. When it was Knott's turn to bat, the umps strike zone took on another dimension. Let's say the size of Texas. Them boys had to swing at every thing. It's pretty sad when you have to take a win on those circumstances. But hey, a win is a win. Isn't it?

The second game shouldn't have even started. Allen's field isn't lit very well. Those umps sure do know what they were doing.
Rebels set the record with 18 wins last year and finished 18-14 and as of now the rebels broke the record and are still going their record is 19-8 . This is not Crowders first varsity level start he started right field againts Maggofin County.
NationalFan Wrote:Rebels set the record with 18 wins last year and finished 18-14 and as of now the rebels broke the record and are still going their record is 19-8 . This is not Crowders first varsity level start he started right field againts Maggofin County.

First varsity start on the hill
good game 2 both teams and cong. to AC
im proud of ya AC
Go Ac!! Woo!
:thumpsup: Right on baseball dad
You are right on track there baseball dad. That game was called horribly. How can a kid just throw 35 pitches in 3 innings and then come back out in the 4th and can't seem to find the plate. NOT!!! Even after Potter came in...the KCC catcher didn't seem to move the glove and ball were called. IMO the officiating in this area is horrible. The second game should have never even started because the lights at Stumbo Park are no more than moonlight. However, it was and AC scored 9 runs in the bottom of the first. KCC agreed to come back the next day to begin a NEW game but was told when they arrived that the game would pick up where left off. Which is a KHSAA violation unless agreed upon by both teams. A game CANNOT begin where left off unless they have completed 3 and one half innings or it's a tournament game. Again, the umps were ridiculous and it's a shame that KCC was treated this way especially with the close relationship they have the Allen Central.
I agree with baseball dad and railsplitter. The umpires with unbelievable. When you got a guy that doesn't know that a bunted foul ball on third strike is an out and he has to go out and ask the infield ump, then you got problems. These guys need to be umping little league maybe not even that. They were unreal.
RailSplitter Wrote:You are right on track there baseball dad. That game was called horribly. How can a kid just throw 35 pitches in 3 innings and then come back out in the 4th and can't seem to find the plate. NOT!!! Even after Potter came in...the KCC catcher didn't seem to move the glove and ball were called. IMO the officiating in this area is horrible. The second game should have never even started because the lights at Stumbo Park are no more than moonlight. However, it was and AC scored 9 runs in the bottom of the first. KCC agreed to come back the next day to begin a NEW game but was told when they arrived that the game would pick up where left off. Which is a KHSAA violation unless agreed upon by both teams. A game CANNOT begin where left off unless they have completed 3 and one half innings or it's a tournament game. Again, the umps were ridiculous and it's a shame that KCC was treated this way especially with the close relationship they have the Allen Central.

According to my understanding, the KCC coach did agree -- or at least did not disagree when the coaches and umpires conferred at home plate that the game would resume as was left off. The umpire at home plate even told both coaches that the AC scorebook would be the official scorebook to continue the game with. Then, when he got back the next day, he explained the KHSAA rules about restarting the game. While the umpire isn't the most consistent, he is an honest man, and knew that the KCC coach had not disagreed with the agreement made at home plate the night before. Before the game, the umpire made the statement that he couldn't believe that KCC would come back to begin a game under those circumstances and that he couldn't believe the coach agreed to it -- or didn't disagree with it. Apparently the KCC coach had something up his sleeve and didn't speak up the night before. I really can't blame him too much though to try and restart the game, but if that is what he wanted, then he should have made that clear the night before at the coaches and umpires conference.
That umpire was an idiot, plain and simple. No coach would agree to start a game down 9 runs, come on.
^ I agree with you. I wouldn't have agreed to come back down that many, and I'd say the coach at AC, nor any coach in the state would have either. I'm not saying that the KCC coach agreed to it, but just that he didn't disagree with it when stated, and so when all parties left, the umpires and AC were under the impression that all was to be resumed as was the night before. I guess he thought he would just let it slide and come back the next day to then let them know of restarting the game hoping that he would be right in insisting this. The umpire then must have let him know that an agreement was made to come back and resume the suspended game as was left off.
par4course_06 Wrote:That umpire was an idiot, plain and simple. No coach would agree to start a game down 9 runs, come on.

true
WTG Rebs!