Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Fairview 11/23
Who you got in this one? Fairview is playing at home and may be a slight favorite but coming in is the defending state champs..

I like hazard to win by 8. I believe fairview is going to have to throw the ball a little more in this game to win it.
Agreed. They are going to have to open up the playboom if they want to win these next two games. Hazard's dline is much stronger than Pikevilles. Probably stronger than Raceland's. Turner and Brewer combine for over 300 yds against Raceland in the regular season.Then turned in over 600 last night in Pikeville. If Fairview can atleast pass enough to keep the Bulldogs honest they will win, if they play like a one trick pony, though its more like a one trick three headed monster, they will lose. Hazard has made a habbit of stiffling high powered offenses i games like this, but its not easy to beat this Fairview team when they get up a couple scores, they are to explosive. If Hazard keeps the game slow paced and in the 20 pt range they win. Hazard nearly laid an egg against Williamsburg. They come out strong and tcb.

Hazard 28
Fairview 25
BUT if it becomes a fast paced game, and the final score is somewhere around 40-30...they will be on the losing end. Fairviews defense is deadly with a 2td lead.
Fairview didn't pass very well against us (Powell), but when you rush for 300+, you don't need to...lol
Hazard by 10. They have played much better opponents and they have the experience to win on the road as well. Season ends for the Eagles next week and then we can all start wondering what they will have in store for the area next year.
I suspect Hazard wins but this Fairview team continues to suprise me
Patch Wrote:Hazard by 10. They have played much better opponents and they have the experience to win on the road as well. Season ends for the Eagles next week and then we can all start wondering what they will have in store for the area next year.

Always something smart patch always! Give credit to fairview and be quiet hazard is great team and probably should beat fairview but you never know 48 mins is all it takes.
Hazard wins a slobberknocker.
This has the potential to be a great game.
Being from the BIG EAST I hope to see Hazard win and Take it all again this year. Good luck Hazard
Hazard 35

Fairview 14
I like Fairview in a great game 28-26 over Hazard, I know I predicted Hazard to be in the finals but Hazard is not playing well.
ballboy Wrote:I like Fairview in a great game 28-26 over Hazard, I know I predicted Hazard to be in the finals but Hazard is not playing well.

Hazard is playing pretty good to be honest. They choked a couple times last night when they was getting success but just because you dont score a lot of points in a game doesnt mean ur not playing good.
Gotta pick those Dawgs !! GO HAZARD !!!
First of all congrats to hazard on another regional championship,now take fairview out and let's go back to state.
russellpride Wrote:Always something smart patch always! Give credit to fairview and be quiet hazard is great team and probably should beat fairview but you never know 48 mins is all it takes.

What did I say that was so bad? My comment about next year? Boo Hoo, get over yourself and keep on BITW!!!! Haha!

:biglmao:
This should be a great game. I find myself in the extremely unfortunate situation of having to root for Hazard. My loyalty lies with the Eastern Kentucky boys. I will say that the addition of the Huntington High running back is a real game changer for Fairview. You probably won't see 3 better backs on the same team anywhere around these parts. If Hazard can only score 7 on Williamsburg at home I don't see how they can beat Fairview at Fairview. But I hope I am wrong.
Hazard had trouble offensively against Williamsburg, if Fairview can control the ball with their 3 headed monster of a backfield then they can win. if hazard gets going watch out they can score a bunch in a hurry I think the DAWGS win 28 to 14
jetpilot Wrote:This should be a great game. I find myself in the extremely unfortunate situation of having to root for Hazard. My loyalty lies with the Eastern Kentucky boys. I will say that the addition of the Huntington High running back is a real game changer for Fairview. You probably won't see 3 better backs on the same team anywhere around these parts. If Hazard can only score 7 on Williamsburg at home I don't see how they can beat Fairview at Fairview. But I hope I am wrong.

You can't get much more "Eastern" than Fairview.
They may not put up 600+ yards on the ground like they did against Pikeville but my guess is they put up 300+ and win this game.

The boys from Westweed have the best backfield in 1A.
I think Hazard is the best team Fairview has played all year hands down. I don't think the same can be said other way around. Hazard's schedule pays off late in a tough hard fought game. Good luck to both.
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:Hazard had trouble offensively against Williamsburg, if Fairview can control the ball with their 3 headed monster of a backfield then they can win. if hazard gets going watch out they can score a bunch in a hurry I think the DAWGS win 28 to 14

Williamsburg had a pretty good defense.. Hazard only threw the ball 7 times in this game, and just ran the ball mostly..Hazard just mainly pounded the ball against williamsburg unlike see the Qb throw the ball more than 15 or 20 times.
Hazard by 10. Good running backs look great against teams ranked 150 to 200 in the state.
Hazard by 6
Hazard 26
Fairview 20

Good luck Dawgs!
Hazard fans recruit 64 as a fan. Your posts on this site will take off like a jet. He needs a team right now to get excited about. He should be able to get 2 more weeks of fun out of you guys. I think Fairview is going to want a different view at about 10p on the 23rd.
IMO. The scary thing about Hazard is that they can win in so many ways ! Hazads DBs could all play small college ball somewhere , olinger maybe small D1 . And one of the best players on Hazards team is hurt Johnson who was a db and they are still so good! Just to many athletes on Hazards team !! Hazard 21 Fairview 14 !
FBALL Wrote:You can't get much more "Eastern" than Fairview.

I said Eastern KY.
^^not Eastern Huntington...and I consider the Ashland area to be more Buckeye than E. Ky.
jetpilot Wrote:^^not Eastern Huntington...and I consider the Ashland area to be more Buckeye than E. Ky.

I am offended on multiple levels. You threw in Mountaineers and Ashland in describing our area and then calling us buckeyes. That's so mean.