Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 31 Danville 7
Final from Somerset. The Briar Jumper defense absolutely dominated the Admirals....AGAIN. Somerset wins their 6th straight game against Danville and none of them have been in doubt. When is the last time that Danville lost 6 in a row to an opponent?

This game was supposed to be different with Danville having Howard back but the Jumpers were in control from the beginning. The Admirals were held to 132 yards of total offense. They seemed to quit on Harp and had an ejection when they started trying to fight instead of play.

This is the fourth regional Championship for the Jumpers in a row, which is a first for the program. Somerset will take an 11-3 record into next week's game vs. Newport Central Catholic. Danville finishes at 9-4.
Go Jumpers!!! SO PROUD!!
I meant to say an 11-2 record.
Castle Hatcher start at QB?
bac2369 Wrote:Castle Hatcher start at QB?
No, but he went in 2nd series I think.
Congrats Jumpers!
Danville scored off of a blocked punt setting up a short field 1st down at the 11. Had another drive with along TD run called back on a holding. Had a good drive running hard inside in the third but turned ball over after runner was stripped by a Briar Jumper inside of the red zone.

This was a good hard hitting game that was close until Danville started having the throw to catch up and the Jumpers picked off a couple one for an Int.

Props to Devonte Alcorn, saw the young man walking off of the field after the game and he was very emotional...hold your head up you are a heck of a player and it has been a joy yo watch your success these last 3 years.
Thats what i like to see, COMPLETE DOMINATION!
Congratulations Jumpers!!!
So proud of you boys tonight... Played strong from start to finish!! Enjoy tonight but tomorrow we start preparing for next week... Remember you are only guaranteed another 48 minutes... Keep putting in the work!! #TS12
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Danville seemed very dirty throughout the game, might be a biased opinion, but Coach Harp might be having a slip with his players. I personally like coach Harp and i know him on a personal level, but i believe if he can keep beating Boyle county he will start getting the edge in title town.
Somerset Dominated from start to finish. For all you Danville Fans who didn't know who Tyson Williams was. Hope you know who he is now. lol Cong: Jumpers 11-2 Good year but we need more.
Somerset continues to amaze me. They just never ever quit! Danville seems to bring out the best in those Jumpers!
Proud of these guys, they took danvilles best shot an earned 48 more minutes in the process. Word to the wise boys: you've been here before, now it's time to finish the deal. Four straight regions doesn't hang a state championship banner in the field house. Celebrate on December 3rd, go back to work an prepare for a perennial northern ky power coming to town in 7 days.
Congrats Somerset!
Hope Somerset finally claims that title theyve been waiting on for many years.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Proud of these guys, they took danvilles best shot an earned 48 more minutes in the process. Word to the wise boys: you've been here before, now it's time to finish the deal. Four straight regions doesn't hang a state championship banner in the field house. Celebrate on December 3rd, go back to work an prepare for a perennial northern ky power coming to town in 7 days.

I think Players and Coaches know they still have work to do. Go Jumpers!!!:insane::insane::insane:
http://somerset-kentucky.com/localsports...ville-31-7
Scoring Summary

Danville 0 0 7 0 – 7
Somerset 3 7 7 14-31

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Danville Jawan Grey 6-21 (1TD), Devonta Alcorn 10-45, Tyquan Matthews 1-2, Olyjawan Ford 6-37, Jadarius Brown 2-6, Ray Bradshaw 1-0, Stephen Ray 1-27

Somerset, Will Lange 16-56, Tanner Gadberry 3-0, Castle Hatcher 8-43, Bryson Jones 3-0, Brysen McWilliams 1-3, Tyson Williams 1-4, Team minus 4

PASSING—Danville: Devonta Alcorn 4-13-19 (1 INT)

Somerset: Castle Hatcher 7-16-204 (3TD 1 INT)

RECEIVING—Danville-- Ace Ray 3-5, Cody Woolridge 1-14

Somerset, Cam Cheuvront 3-82 (2TD), Tyson Williams 1-10 (1TD), Bryson Jones 3-112

KICK RETURNS – Danville Ace Ray 1-2, Jawan Grey 1-7

Somerset—Cheuvront 1-39, Will Lange 1-35

INTERCEPTION RETURN –Somerset: Jalen Jones 1-32 (1TD)
Congrats to the Jumpers on the victory over the Danville! I feel #MissionAccomplished would be a good hash tag for Twitter right about now.
Congrats Jumpers! Would love to see you guys get that title!
It is so disappointing when Danville is lost. But the jumper is good in play. He played wonderfully and deserve the victory. Danville have to work hard and play better. Danville Locksmith