Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville @ Somerset (11/16)
No blowouts in a regional title game-Somerset 21 Danville 17
I hope Somerset is as ready for this game as the danville players are seeming to be (there was an attempt to trend #beatsomerset for Danville on twitter ConfusednickerSmile. If danville can match Somerset physicality I think it will be closer than expected. With that said, danville hasn't done that in a long time.
IMO: Somerset will be ready to Play.
Somerset by 13 plus
Somerset is 6-0 in last 6 Games, Danville is 4-2 in last 6 Games one being a loss to Somerset. Still some still pick Danville, oh well. Go Jumpers make it 6 straight aganist Danville.
Should be a great game either way.
#BeatDanville :wink:
I think this game will be closer than some think, but I think Somerset being at home will give them the edge IMO.
Somerset 34 Danville 13
Heard Ad JK Howard didn't play in the last meeting and will be in this one...word is that he is a big playmaker for them. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to the Ads being introduced to Castle Hatcher. Go Jumpers!
Somerset 21

Danville 14
Somerset by 10
Jumpers win 35-24
Somerset by 12
Good luck Somerset hope to see you win this one.
Not sure who will win this one, but I think it will be alot closer then the regular season game.
Tweets, all kind from Danville players. Don't believe I'd be saying anything until after the Game if I'd been beat 5 times in last 5 games. Oh, well it will be hard to run that mouth when they lose # 6 by a couple scores.
Somerset by 21.
Does this show Danville has been down recently. Danville is probably the greatest small school to ever play football in Kentucky throwing in Mayfield Beechwood and Newport Central Catholic and yet Somerset still hasn't won a state championship in those recent years.
cctiger Wrote:Does this show Danville has been down recently. Danville is probably the greatest small school to ever play football in Kentucky throwing in Mayfield Beechwood and Newport Central Catholic and yet Somerset still hasn't won a state championship in those recent years.

We've been contending for one and been very close.. I get what you're saying though.
cctiger Wrote:Does this show Danville has been down recently. Danville is probably the greatest small school to ever play football in Kentucky throwing in Mayfield Beechwood and Newport Central Catholic and yet Somerset still hasn't won a state championship in those recent years.

I agree Danville has been down the past few years. They are not down now, beat Boyle Co. As far as Somerset not winning State Championship, I think they are Due. Could be this year?? Who knows, we just need to keep the effort leval high and things will be Fine. Go Jumpers!!!!!:yum::yum:
At Buffalo Bildos Danville beat a very bad Boyle team. Boyle has now turned it around but when they first played Boyle was terrible. If that was the case Danville should of blowed Somerset off the field considering what Boyle did to Whitley. Danville is still down 7 wins in Danville isn't a very good year. Add in two play off wins but a 7-3 regular season is terrible for them. Somerset should win this game easily. But with that being said Somerset has all the pressure on them in the world. Danville is playing with house money. Somerset still beats an average Danville team.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Shondue Wrote::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Got any left?????
Ok so you answer your own question...Somerset beat an average Danville team. What's your point? If you are trying to say that Somerset just isn't that good, I think you are wrong. The Jumpers are just now finding their offensive identity...a little late, but better late than never. The ones that have been around know what this team is capable of...and it's scary. So I'm ok with it if y'all don't...yet.
cctiger Wrote:At Buffalo Bildos Danville beat a very bad Boyle team. Boyle has now turned it around but when they first played Boyle was terrible. If that was the case Danville should of blowed Somerset off the field considering what Boyle did to Whitley. Danville is still down 7 wins in Danville isn't a very good year. Add in two play off wins but a 7-3 regular season is terrible for them. Somerset should win this game easily. But with that being said Somerset has all the pressure on them in the world. Danville is playing with house money. Somerset still beats an average Danville team.

Im confused on what you're trying to say?
cctiger Wrote:At Buffalo Bildos Danville beat a very bad Boyle team. Boyle has now turned it around but when they first played Boyle was terrible. If that was the case Danville should of blowed Somerset off the field considering what Boyle did to Whitley. Danville is still down 7 wins in Danville isn't a very good year. Add in two play off wins but a 7-3 regular season is terrible for them. Somerset should win this game easily. But with that being said Somerset has all the pressure on them in the world. Danville is playing with house money. Somerset still beats an average Danville team.

The whole Boyle was down and now playing well theory is flawed, and you cannot compare scores. I thought that Boyle looked average in their meeting with Danville, and Danville looked pretty good, regardless that is one early season meeting and one would hope that everybody gets better throughout the season or somebody isn't doing their job. On Whitley v. Somerset that game was once again a strange experience (yes the Jumpers played terribly and turned it over several times but the fog that rolled in that night coupled with two key injuries and turnovers kept that game close and eventually led to the loss). Whitley still only scored one offensive touchdown on the Jumpers, but back to the lecture at hand: Danville is a good football team, they are very athletic, and they are very capable of beating the Jumpers on any given night. Danville may be "down" in terms of Danville standards, but they are the #2 seed in the most competitive district in 2a and are competing for a regional title, that is not a bad season win or lose.
http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...9314.story

Interesting article from the Danville paper and LCA's coach picks Danville ftw. (Just learned he is a Danville graduate.)
If danville can keep the turnovers down they have a chance.
"He said Danville has an edge at running back and kicker and is sound at virtually every position, and he said Somerset’s line isn’t superior to Danville’s, even though it had the upper hand in their Oct. 5 meeting." Coach Graham.

This ought to be motivation for Will Lange and that offensive line. If he doesn't believe you all are better, prove it!