Poll: Pulaski Co @ Haran County. Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
86.05%
Pulaski County
13.95%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co @ Harlan Co 11-16-2012
KarnivalKat Wrote:Not too much respect for the Maroons in this one, but that's fine, the same was true last week. Pulaski won that game going away. While Harlan is better then Whitley no doubt, Southern played Harlan very close.. While Pulaski indeed does not have a D1 prosepct, their attack on offense is much more balanced then Southern. Goins is a solid back that CAN beat you on the ground just as easily as Hall can beat you with his arm. Pulaski has nothing to lose here and are playing very well.

I expect this one to be decided by one score. I think the Harlan Black Bears may be a little overconfident in this one, I sure know their fans are. We shall see come Friday, goodluck to both teams.

You are right we are confident and we are going to kick the S out of PC

HC-42
PC-14
The only question here is who will Pulaski play after the Harlan County game. Looking forward to that home game!
Some things always make me think hmmmmm....all the Black Bears fans predicting a victory and get talked about for it, this I don't understand there's not a whole lot of people that get on her and say may teams gonna loose! That's what a fan is they support their team an believe the will win every game. It's like the fair weather fans that said "I hate we're opening our stadium against Bell you know we will lose". I finally started telling those people Not to come to the game then! I actually went as far as tell them I would fight them if they showed up! I mean support your team or don't! When I pick Harlan County to beat someone I'm supporting my team not demeaning the other team.

Having said that I do believe Harlan County is the better team and as long as they come out focused they should win.
News for the bears, you better not underestimate PC, we can score quick and often. By the way, we play some pretty good defense too. We just shut down the Whitley running game.
Nobody is disrespecting Pulaski County. No way the coaching staff of HC is underestimating them, either. We merely have confidence in our Black Bears and loads of respect for Tom Larkey and his coaching staff.

Friday is going to be a great football game with an electric atmosphere!! I can hardly wait!!
E's Army Wrote:Harlan County is not Whitley County. Bears 34-21.

More involved this week than you know.
Oh how did that run defense do on Harris? He got 125 on ours and the most part of that was on 2 runs, if I am not mistaking he ripped u for well over 200. I can tell you this we will run for over 300 yards on you and put up 35 is my opinion. Not sure what your Big O will do I like #6 looks like a good back and you have a good but young qb and with the pressure he will se Friday nite we will see how calm he can be.
HC is not WC!!! We beat WC 40-13! It could have been worse! This willbea close game. PC has gotten better, but so has HC! Defense will be the key! As I said in an earlier post, can HC stop the pass? Can PC stop the run? It will come down to defense! The best team will advance. PERIOD!
West 80 Wrote:News for the bears, you better not underestimate PC, we can score quick and often. By the way, we play some pretty good defense too. We just shut down the Whitley running game.
Forgive me if I sound a little disrespectul, but to compare Whitley county's running game to HC''s running game is like comparing Rosie Odonell to Marilyn Monroe! To go along with a near 2,000 yard rusher (Jake Middleton) the Bears have one of the hottest players in the mountains (scatback Treyvon Long) a very talented, speedy and much improved athlete with size (Cole Wilson) a surprisingly strong running and solid passing, 'recently' discovered QB (Scotty Bailey) probably the best combo FB, running/blocking in the mountains (Carson Whitehead) who will be back to 100% after a minor injury and another 6'0" 235 pound stud hoss of a FB (Tucker Lewis) to block for all those atheletes and run it occasionally also! Good luck stopping all that?
While we're talking about Harlan County being overconfident, look at the PC posts boasting they stopped Whitley's running game! It's just Monday and look how worked up we all are!
There is one thing Ive been wondering? Where is Bear Paw???
PC plays way to many young kids to get a W against Harlan Co. at home. This game could get ugly very quick
Trust me West 80, I guarantee you that Coach Larkey, his staff, and the players are NOT overlooking Pulaski.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Forgive me if I sound a little disrespectul, but to compare Whitley county's running game to HC''s running game is like comparing Rosie Odonell to Marilyn Monroe! To go along with a near 2,000 yard rusher (Jake Middleton) the Bears have one of the hottest players in the mountains (scatback Treyvon Long) a very talented, speedy and much improved athlete with size (Cole Wilson) a surprisingly strong running and solid passing, 'recently' discovered QB (Scotty Bailey) probably the best combo FB, running/blocking in the mountains (Carson Whitehead) who will be back to 100% after a minor injury and another 6'0" 235 pound stud hoss of a FB (Tucker Lewis) to block for all those atheletes and run it occasionally also! Good luck stopping all that?

Having all of these running backs and full backs is nice and all but, I will be interested to see just how far they get when the Pulaski D stacks nine or even 10 players in the box. The key for Harlan will be if they can actually change up the pace and get some kind of passing game going because a one dimensional offense is only going to get you so far no matter how good that aspect of your offense is.

Unlike, Harlan County, Pulaski County has a very balanced offense and I know that the gameplan that has been stated is that Harlan is going to pressure the QB all night. Well, you're gonna get burnt if you send to many especially if Coach Hines lines Alec Wooldridge up at WR because he is the fastest players I have seen. I have yet to see the Maroons play against someone who is faster IMO.

So, it is definitely going to be interesting to see each team changes their gameplan for this one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:There is one thing Ive been wondering? Where is Bear Paw???

I'm right here...lol. I'm watching all this...lol. I have to be careful on this one...lol. :popcorn:
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Having all of these running backs and full backs is nice and all but, I will be interested to see just how far they get when the Pulaski D stacks nine or even 10 players in the box. The key for Harlan will be if they can actually change up the pace and get some kind of passing game going because a one dimensional offense is only going to get you so far no matter how good that aspect of your offense is.

Unlike, Harlan County, Pulaski County has a very balanced offense and I know that the gameplan that has been stated is that Harlan is going to pressure the QB all night. Well, you're gonna get burnt if you send to many especially if Coach Hines lines Alec Wooldridge up at WR because he is the fastest players I have seen. I have yet to see the Maroons play against someone who is faster IMO.

So, it is definitely going to be interesting to see each team changes their gameplan for this one!
I gotcha, the Bears have a pretty solid O-line also so I dont think the threat of PC putting 9 or 10 in the box will necessarily stop the Bears from proceeding with the game plan as usual, but if you have seen the Bears recently you would know they have mixed things up with a variety of offensive sets and plays and have also mixed in some quality passing. I do believe PC will score 2 or 3 td's, but I also believe HC will put 4 or 5 scores up! One common theme these last 4 or 5 weeks with the Bears has been that all the games have been VERY entertaining and I look for this one to be the same...
I will be making my first trip to Harlan Co. to shoot the game this Friday night hope to see some of you there.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I gotcha, the Bears have a pretty solid O-line also so I dont think the threat of PC putting 9 or 10 in the box will necessarily stop the Bears from proceeding with the game plan as usual, but if you have seen the Bears recently you would know they have mixed things up with a variety of offensive sets and plays and have also mixed in some quality passing. I do believe PC will score 2 or 3 td's, but I also believe HC will put 4 or 5 scores up! One common theme these last 4 or 5 weeks with the Bears has been that all the games have been VERY entertaining and I look for this one to be the same...

It's gonna be a dandy!!! Whoever is able to force the other out of their gameplan will be the victor of this one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I will be making my first trip to Harlan Co. to shoot the game this Friday night hope to see some of you there.

Glad to hear it! If you are able to do so, try to come early so you can drop by and get some tailgating food!:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Glad to hear it! If you are able to do so, try to come early so you can drop by and get some tailgating food!:biggrin:

I have to get the newscast produced first but if I can get on the road from Hazard soon enough I will def. take you up on that. Just don't let Brandon get to it before I do :biggrin:
Bear Paw needs to post something fast. He has 666 posts. haha
GetChili Wrote:Bear Paw needs to post something fast. He has 666 posts. haha

:yikes: Oh my! We needed to get off that number....
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I have to get the newscast produced first but if I can get on the road from Hazard soon enough I will def. take you up on that. Just don't let Brandon get to it before I do :biggrin:

We never disclose our eating location to Brandon!!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I gotcha, the Bears have a pretty solid O-line also so I dont think the threat of PC putting 9 or 10 in the box will necessarily stop the Bears from proceeding with the game plan as usual, but if you have seen the Bears recently you would know they have mixed things up with a variety of offensive sets and plays and have also mixed in some quality passing. I do believe PC will score 2 or 3 td's, but I also believe HC will put 4 or 5 scores up! One common theme these last 4 or 5 weeks with the Bears has been that all the games have been VERY entertaining and I look for this one to be the same...

LeeCo know this!!! I sent him our passing stats from the last game!!
He's just doing some cautious trolling..
Confusednicker:
HugyBear Wrote:You are right we are confident and we are going to kick the S out of PC

HC-42
PC-14

Keep thinking that. Remember last year when big bad bears were the favorite and got out played, out coached, and lost the game at SWPC. Well PC is better than SWPC was last year. Dont say you were not warned.

PC in a shootout.
West 80 Wrote:Keep thinking that. Remember last year when big bad bears were the favorite and got out played, out coached, and lost the game at SWPC. Well PC is better than SWPC was last year. Dont say you were not warned.

PC in a shootout.

Pulaski is a good team, but I don't think they are as good as Southwestern's team was last year. This team will eventually be as good as the 2011 Warrior team, but not right now. I think Pulaski is more than capable of beating the Black Bears on Friday night though.
The Bears came out against Madison Southern like they did in last years regional championship game, so hopefully they got that out of the way! I'll keep saying it stopping PC's passing game is the key and our best pass defense is pressuring the QB. Though our safety's and DB's are much improved. The defense let up some in the Madison Southern game but when they focused they spent a lot of time chasing the quarterback.
I think Harlan Co will be able to move the ball on Pulaski, and by doing so they will chew alot of time off the clock, keeping the Pulaski offense off the field like with Madison Southern. That will wear down the defense somewhere around the middle of the 3rd, then let the scoring begin for the bears.....It could be a nail bitter until then, but eventually the bears will pull away. If they don't come out flat again.
West 80 Wrote:Keep thinking that. Remember last year when big bad bears were the favorite and got out played, out coached, and lost the game at SWPC. Well PC is better than SWPC was last year. Dont say you were not warned.

PC in a shootout.
2 years ago PC brought arguably their best team ever to Harlan and got took to the woodshed, scored a td in the last minute to make the final 35-21.. Look for the same kind of treatment this year! Last year's HC team went into a funk after the Bell game and seemed to never recover fully. This years team exorcised that Bell Demon and seems to be hungry like the 2010 team, improving consistenty throughout the year and are not funking but peaking currently. Now that the Bears are healthy again and Black Bear Nation is Rising we are expecting big things this Friday night!!!
:howdy:Harlan county 48 pulaski county 12 Confusedmoke:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next