Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin County 62 - Conner 59
Franklin County 62 Conner 59 final
Wow!!!!!!
great defense
sounds like conner kicked nothing but onside all night in this one. did this hurt conner or would it have been more dangerous to kick to timmons
The Fling Circus wins another one. Timmons the ringmaster has got Franklin County rolling.
Just ask Anderson County how dangerous it is to kick to Timmons. Neither team could really stop the other no matter where on the field the other team started.
Good article on the shootout at the Franklin County coral. Congrats to Franklin County on the win and Conner on a good season.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...ck_check=1
can someone let explain what happened at end of game?
Hubb, my guess is the clock went to 00.
55 that is about what i would except coming from you. Heard there was some type of problem on last play of game and a coach ejected.
Connor played a good game, but got an early lead 30-13. One of Franklin Countys main offensive weapons Chris Roberts 6'3" 260 lb punishing tailback sit out the first half, due to team punishment. So from the time Connor built their lead to the end of the game FC outscored them 49-29. I don't think Connor ever had an offensive possesion in the 4th quarter that would have allowed them to take the lead. Ryan Timmons sat out entire drives because of cramps. (Fluids young man!) The score was not indicative of the ease FC was able to win this game. Connor caused the clock to be ran out at the end of the game due to poor sportsmanship! Their coaches lost total control of their team. A FC assistant was booted because it was time to stand up for his players due to repeated cheap shot on onside kicks and when FC was doing kneel downs to run the clock out.
toussaints Wrote:sounds like conner kicked nothing but onside all night in this one. did this hurt conner or would it have been more dangerous to kick to timmons

It hurts any team, when your coach doesn't have any confidence in their defense or special teams. Any coach that kicks onside kicks the whole game is just plain stupid. Shows a lot of confidence in your team. Just kick it out of bounds and give them the ball on the 35 yard line. Looks like it's time for Conner to get a new coach. Maybe someone that is not so cowardly.
everyone has been doing onside kicks against them all year.
End of the game was a bunch of crap from Conner,
End of game: fchs running clock out taking a knee does so peacefully two or three times, Conner calls time out, (now up to this point Conner kids have stood and not even fired out as instructed by officials) after time out Conner players come back in game now in sprinters stances, run through knocking 4-5 players of FCHS down while they Stand there, tackle the starting qb, after he had kneeled, spear another kid standing by pile. Not sure what went on during time out but there was for sure a change in the plans.
adopted purple Wrote:It hurts any team, when your coach doesn't have any confidence in their defense or special teams. Any coach that kicks onside kicks the whole game is just plain stupid. Shows a lot of confidence in your team. Just kick it out of bounds and give them the ball on the 35 yard line. Looks like it's time for Conner to get a new coach. Maybe someone that is not so cowardly.

Kicking t out of bounds depose not guarantee the ball on the 35 and I'm sure FC would just keep making them re kick.
Can someone explain to me why teams that have a kicker that can put it un the endzone for touchback (Durham). Why do they chose to do the little pooch kick giving up 15-20 yards per kickoff.
hubb Wrote:Can someone explain to me why teams that have a kicker that can put it un the endzone for touchback (Durham). Why do they chose to do the little pooch kick giving up 15-20 yards per kickoff.

Who knows I have watched flyers all year and he does not always put it in the endzone. Been several times he has not and it went for 6 the other way. I like the adjustments to the kicking game I have seen as of late, I wonder if the pooch kicks were supposed to be placed where they were or if that was a mess up?
hubb Wrote:Can someone explain to me why teams that have a kicker that can put it un the endzone for touchback (Durham). Why do they chose to do the little pooch kick giving up 15-20 yards per kickoff.

Hubb did you see the pooch that bounced off Fogles Chest and that was recovered by FC? The coaches decide where / how to kick it based on film. that was the reason for the pooches and IMO it worked out because the flyers got an extra posession because of it.
oline Wrote:Hubb did you see the pooch that bounced off Fogles Chest and that was recovered by FC? The coaches decide where / how to kick it based on film. that was the reason for the pooches and IMO it worked out because the flyers got an extra posession because of it.
Which one of you rocketscientist decided to have the kicker start kicking extra points off the uprights. Did you guys see something on film that made you believe this was a good idea also. Let's not start taking credit on special teams unless we're willing to take blame also.
:thatsfunn
Its the kicking version of the Ali, rope and dope, you think he is out but then he is in!
Dropaduece Wrote:Which one of you rocketscientist decided to have the kicker start kicking extra points off the uprights. Did you guys see something on film that made you believe this was a good idea also. Let's not start taking credit on special teams unless we're willing to take blame also.

You sound like a moron. Coaches can only tell kids what to do. They cannot do it for the kids. The kicker at FC is pretty good. Hes got a chance at breaking the single season PAT mark. I guess he was probably tired considering hes made upwards of 90 PATS this year
oline must have been the one that told him to do that!!! OLINE=ROCKET SCIENTIST :notworthy