Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 74 - Transylvania 28
Gameball: Willie Cauley-Stein - He was a leader out there tonight in every way. He brought energy, intensity, and basketball smarts to the floor for the Wildcats. His hustle was contagious, and when it caught on, Kentucky became a good-looking team. 4-4 from the field, 4-4 from the line, and 3 steals. 4 rebounds is a little low, but still.

Nerlens Noel - He really picked it up in the second half, and amazingly proved that he could guard guys half his size. His hands are unbelievable, and if he were slightly more skilled on offense, he would be a genuine horror. As it is, he played extremely well in the second half, and his stamina has noticeably improved since the last game.

Archie Goodwin - He gave a good effort, but he proved that he is still a freshman. His decision-making was suspect at best, and he had 3 turnovers and should have had 3 more. Transylvania did a good job of stopping his drives, and he really didn't recover too well from that. Still, his hustle and energy were impressive.

Kyle Wiltjer - He was cold tonight, and although he made some nice moves, he must play better. Too many weak passes, too weak with the ball, and just not good enough to justify playing him more than 15 or 16 minutes a game, if that's all he brings.

Alex Poythress - He defended well, but really made some bad decisions with the ball, and tried to score when it just wasn't there. He has got to learn to value the ball more, and not to force things, which he did all the time. It didn't work, and he didn't look good at all on offense. Defensively, though, he was really solid against much smaller men.

Ryan Harrow - I was really unhappy with what I saw out of Harrow tonight, and evidently Calipari was as well, because he was on the bench to start the second half. He got better, but we need more out of him than he has given in these exhibitions.

Julius Mays - He was spectacular: 4-8 from 3 and 2-2 from the line for 14 points and 5 assists. When he went down, the collective moan from the Big Blue Nation was audible all the way to Jeffersontown. Fortunately, UK doctors checked out his ACL & MCL and they are both good. Mays plans to practice Wednesday and believes he will play Friday night against Maryland. Great news!

Jon Hood - Some good activity tonight from Hood, but we need more production out of him.
I feel like they're struggling to find out who they are.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Bold prediction: Hood averages a minute per game

he's not getting valuable playing time this year
^
He doesnt need it
Too negative this time J-Rod, but again, good job. Love your game recaps.
Cats looked better in 2nd half but the first half tells me that this team has a ways to go before they are worthy of their rank