Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitch Announces in Open Letter to BBN That Joker Will Not Return Next Season
Strikeout King Wrote:This is the list that UK has given yahoosports

Sonny Dykes - Louisiana Tech Head Coach
Dirk Koetter - Atlanta Falcons D-Coord
Brent Pease - Florida O'Coord
Neal Brown - Texas Tech Head Coach

Plus some more College Offense Coordinators. It's believed that both Brent Pease and Neal Brown are interested in the job

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--kent...25z;_ylv=3

I have been wanting them to hire Sonny Dykes for a while now. He has ties to Kentucky, he is a younger coach at 42 years old(turns 43 Friday), and he has turned Louisiana Tech into a Top 25 team and has led La Tech to a 21-13 record during his three seasons there which is much better than Derek Dooley's 17-20 record there!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Since E's Army and MVP seem to think that every SEC team is better than Notre Dame maybe Coach Kelly will leave Notre Dame for Kentucky LOL....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:I haven't even seen or heard anything about Taggert even being considered.

Chris Peterson will not leave Boise State

Doesn't hurt to try.

Taggert was mentioned in the yahoo article you posted the link to.
news just reported that it's unclear if Joker will finish out the season. His staff is expected to finish out the season after that it's unclear and that all the names you hear are just speculation nothing is for certain and will remain speculation until Kentucky makes it official
I wish he would have waited a little while.I bet 50 bucks before the season started that Tennessee would fire Dooley before BARNHEAD would fire THE JOKE I did not believe he had it in him.LOL
What about this:

Mike Leach - HC
Neal Brown - OC
"Glory Glory Mitch saw the light" "Joker is gone now Mitch saw the light" "Praise the LORD Mitch saw the light" "Joker is gone now Mitch saw the light" "Joker is gone now we will be all right"
Terry Bowden
Strikeout King Wrote:What about this:

Mike Leach - HC
Neal Brown - OC

NO!
So, people don't want a coach at UK who comes with any level of controversy but a whole lot of success????? Now that's hypocrisy at it's best Wink
I was reading Hoss's facebook status and someone made the comment that Kentucky was looking at Oregon's O'Coord........Barnhart came from Oregon.......
If Kelly could get 9 wins at Notre Dame what could he do at UK? He would have to get used to playing with the big boys.
E's Army Wrote:If Kelly could get 9 wins at Notre Dame what could he do at UK? He would have to get used to playing with the big boys.

The sad thing about ur posts, is that I don't think ur joking... And I think u really believe the stuff u said... LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:I was reading Hoss's facebook status and someone made the comment that Kentucky was looking at Oregon's O'Coord........Barnhart came from Oregon.......

Mark Helfrich
http://m.goducks.com/mobile/ViewArticle....oem_id=500

I mentioned him the other day.
^ but would he come? Who would the OC, DC, SP, WR coaches be? Would Neal Brown leave Texas Tech to take the same position at Kentucky?
Your putting the cart before the horse there.

Slow down. Do what my wife tells me and think about baseball for a minute.
All I hope is Mitch Barnhart doesn't waste this opportunity and go out to find a ball coach. I'd hate to see us hire someone who will put us back in this situation.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Finally!!!!!
I think he will look at this and not rush. We have a bye week, and 2 more games. During that process he will have someone. Recruits will stay or go base on who we get.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I'd say we'll have a new coach before the end of the year.
FBALL Wrote:Like I said the last couple of days it needed to happen now.

No retreads. I like Taggert and the Harbaugh lineage or go get Gus Malzahn.

^ sorry about ur last comment,Coach Malzahn will be here in Jonesboro for atleast 6-7 yrs,thats why they are building the new 22 million in door practice facility...
cuppett777 Wrote:^ sorry about ur last comment,Coach Malzahn will be here in Jonesboro for atleast 6-7 yrs,thats why they are building the new 22 million in door practice facility...

Never speak in absolutes.

I'd love to see him here.
I would like to see Mitch replaced before any football coach prospects are interviewed. He has made enough bad hires for one career.
cuppett777 Wrote:^ sorry about ur last comment,Coach Malzahn will be here in Jonesboro for atleast 6-7 yrs,thats why they are building the new 22 million in door practice facility...

Malzahn will be Arkansas new coach.
The fact that UK is considering a list of noones tells me the same thing is going to happen.

Might as well start the bashing now because out of the listed names, there i snot one single coach that could come in and win. Petrino was the only answer, and now i will get to troll on the ever so faithful even more.

You want freaking Taggert, REALLY? You have got to be kidding. Why settle for anyone who isnt a proven coach that can recruit with top SEC schools?

With the coaches listed, im not sure any of those guys can do better than Joker.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I have been wanting them to hire Sonny Dykes for a while now. He has ties to Kentucky, he is a younger coach at 42 years old(turns 43 Friday), and he has turned Louisiana Tech into a Top 25 team and has led La Tech to a 21-13 record during his three seasons there which is much better than Derek Dooley's 17-20 record there!

You have got to be kidding....
HawksRule Wrote:From reading that the Cats are wanting to go Offensive minded instead of Defensive.

Thats there first mistake.
This is a defensive league and the biggest reason UK should have went after Petrino.

Im telling you all, if they choose someone on that list, its going to be another 4 years of Joker.
Stardust Wrote:So, people don't want a coach at UK who comes with any level of controversy but a whole lot of success????? Now that's hypocrisy at it's best Wink

Here we go.. :eyeroll:
Come on guys. We can do better than this. Even the negative media (Pat Forde) is throwing out some better names than Taggert, Cutcliffe, Petrino or Leach.

I can't believe some of you are this negative.
Kirby Smart is my dream candidate I want Glass Footballs being held up in the Commonwealth. I believe Smart could get us there he had raised a few glass footballs in the last couple years.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart