Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Liquor/Beer store in Pike/Johnson/Floyd
I'm looking for craft beers, top shelf Bourbon, and Single Malt Scotch.

Food City in Pikeville has a few craft beers but the liquor store is a disappointment to say the least. No special Bourbons and about 2 choices in Single Malt.

Anyone have luck anywhere else?
J&J in Pike.. never been there but its basically just a reg, liquor store I assume.
The Rite Aid in Paintsville actually carries quite a few Special and Single Barrell Whiskey.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:The Rite Aid in Paintsville actually carries quite a few Special and Single Barrell Whiskey.
And you know this...how??? lol
^A bird told me...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Ballers Wrote:J&J in Pike.. never been there but its basically just a reg, liquor store I assume.

J & J is actually at Harold in Floyd Co.
region Wrote:I'm looking for craft beers, top shelf Bourbon, and Single Malt Scotch.

Food City in Pikeville has a few craft beers but the liquor store is a disappointment to say the least. No special Bourbons and about 2 choices in Single Malt.

Anyone have luck anywhere else?
OTH was right on the Rite aid whiskey selection in Paintsville, and Food City, and M&T keep a decent selection of craft beers. It's hard to beat the Liquor Barn in Lexington though, if you are looking for hard to find stuff. There is a good liquor store on Rt 60, between Huntington and Barboursville that has a very good selection, also.
A little update on Corbin since it started selling alcohol for the first time earlier this year.

In the first 3 months over a million dollars in tax money was generated i believe and since then, the tax money is keeping a steady pace.

There already redoing the sidewalks downtown and have plans to repave main street, which has been needed for years, along with many other things. Im also happy to report that i dont believe one single DUI related crash has occured where someone has been injured, ill have to check into the details for sure.

After talking with a couple of cop buddies, the DUI's have actually decreased or stayed the same for the most part. The only thing that has went up is catching underage kids with alcohol, as expected.
Overall, pretty good revenue and no problems. I like the way we have it set up. Resteraunts still have to make 70% of there profit off of food, so it keeps the bars out, and there was a limit of 3 liquor stores added. There up and running, and all have completely renevated old buildings throughout town, and it actually looks better in those places now.

I personally dont drink that much, hardly ever, but i was all for this. Coonsidering every surrounding town is dry, the money we get from London, Bville, and Wburg alone triples what Corbin residents actually buy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A little update on Corbin since it started selling alcohol for the first time earlier this year.

In the first 3 months over a million dollars in tax money was generated i believe and since then, the tax money is keeping a steady pace.

There already redoing the sidewalks downtown and have plans to repave main street, which has been needed for years, along with many other things. Im also happy to report that i dont believe one single DUI related crash has occured where someone has been injured, ill have to check into the details for sure.

After talking with a couple of cop buddies, the DUI's have actually decreased or stayed the same for the most part. The only thing that has went up is catching underage kids with alcohol, as expected.
Overall, pretty good revenue and no problems. I like the way we have it set up. Resteraunts still have to make 70% of there profit off of food, so it keeps the bars out, and there was a limit of 3 liquor stores added. There up and running, and all have completely renevated old buildings throughout town, and it actually looks better in those places now.

I personally dont drink that much, hardly ever, but i was all for this. Coonsidering every surrounding town is dry, the money we get from London, Bville, and Wburg alone triples what Corbin residents actually buy.
DUI's, almost without fail, go down after a town or county goes wet. When Paintsville was voting on wet or dry, all the church groups were airing radio commercials that if it went wet, we would have people peeing on the streets, hookers on every corner, and strip clubs. I've yet to see any of the three, but I'm still trying to find where those strip clubs are going to be built. Smile

When I left Somerset last Fall, they were preparing for a wet vote. How did it turn out? Is it like Burnside, and only in restaurants, or package sales?
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:J & J is actually at Harold in Floyd Co.

It's in Bobcat Country (Betsy Layne).
TheRealVille Wrote:DUI's, almost without fail, go down after a town or county goes wet. When Paintsville was voting on wet or dry, all the church groups were airing radio commercials that if it went wet, we would have people peeing on the streets, hookers on every corner, and strip clubs. I've yet to see any of the three, but I'm still trying to find where those strip clubs are going to be built. Smile

When I left Somerset last Fall, they were preparing for a wet vote. How did it turn out? Is it like Burnside, and only in restaurants, or package sales?

I believe Somerset passed it like Corbin did.