Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley 41 North Laurel 20
Jags came out ready to play, hats go off to them they will be a force to be reconed with next season. Colonels come out second half and Bryant and Ysidro took over. Nice game Colonels but we will need for quarters from here on out.:Cheerlead:Clap::Cheerlead:Clap:
Congrats on the win Whitley Co!!!!
495 yards rushing for the Colonels, more than doubling up the Jags Offensive output. Whitley was WAY too physical for North on this night.

North continues to improve and get better each year, but lack of playoff experience showed as the Colonels physically pounded North into submission in the second half.

Congrats to the Colonels on a good win. :Cheerlead

Congrats to the Jags on a good season. :Thumbs:
I nailed it with my last post in the prediction thread.
I expected to North to hang around for a half, and they did, even up by a TD, and i expected it to be close at the half.

The second half was a different story. It seems a lot of team have come out and beat North in the second half, and i must say, it was mostly because of adjustements. They just did not adjust to Whitleys plan in the second half, and Whitley did adjust to there.
Whitley rushed for almost 500 yards tonight, with 3 passing yards. We did pile up some injuries so hopefully those will get straightened out this week. We lost multiple starters tonight and im sure it was more precautionary than anything. North looked much better than they have in the past. Kudos to them for that.

What killed North in this game was the QB sneak. It got by them on so many occasions, i wasnt sure if they knew Whitley had a QB. Nelson played, and when he came in, provided a spark to North, but it wasnt enough. I must say Ysidro played pretty good for a QB with a banged up shoulder, but you could tell on defense he wasn't head hunting like he usually does, and really didnt play to much defense.

On to the next one. Pulaski, get ready.
Oh, i almost forgot....

BOOM.
This is the game that I was wondering about all night and once we finally got word of the score, I was shocked that NL actually had the lead at the half but, it appears that the Colonels buckled down and really took it to the Jags in the 2nd Half.

Congrats Colonels!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^
I would like to apologize to you Lee.

I was wrong on the scrimmage, and so was the paper. I had forgot that Pulaski had scored on there last play of there first possesion. After talking to a couple of coaches about it, the final outcome of that scrimmage with Pulaski was 5 TDs for Whitley and 1 for Pulaski.
:hilarious:

10-29-2012, 07:38 AM
West 80
Statistician

Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut
Im surprised at all of the pics for North Laurel, the same team that was beat by Pulaski and couldnt even finish second in the weakest district in 5A.

That same Pulaski team scrimmaged Whitley, and it was like 35-0 (they didnt keep score, but we scored 5 times and Pulaski didnt) before both teams JV went in. Im sure Pulaski has improved, but so has Whitley.

Ill be honest, ill be very surprised if NL can stay within 4 TD's...

They barely got by SW....They did play Russell County tough, but every team has a bad week....
For a moderator to get on here and simply put down a team like you do I have to wonder how you became a moderator. Maybe no one cares for your team due to lack of respect you show others.

Whitley41- North 20

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

GUT is the man and I think he is a good MOD. Some people need to lighten up just a little. This is a free public site and part of the name is Rivals. This is no fun if you don't get on here and trash talk a little and brag about the home team.:zzz:
^
I love it

I was waiting for one of these posters giving me hell all week to say something, but noone showed.
Thanks for bringing this to light Confusednicker:
:hilarious:

After all of that talk last week, there seems to be a lot of chirping going on now.

Gut, you called it. When will these guys ever learn?

Whitley dominated this game in the second half. It could have been much worse had they came to play in the first half. Almost 500 yards of rushing!

I guess there will be a lot fewer post in this thread than there was in the predicition thread....
Congratulations Whitley Co! Boston and Ysidro took the game over in the second half. Good luck in your playoff game next week. RIUTG enjoyed comments from you and all the others during the pre-game thread. I wish we could have played more competitive the second half, but, your running combo just did what they wanted. Nice West 80, hit it right in the head! Time for this North Laurel team to start on next season. We will be back in playoffs with a couple of wins next year, "NORTH IS ON THE RISE".
Congrats to Coach Black. I'm glad that Boston gets to put on the Colonel uniform for at least one more week. How does Whitley match up with Pulaski up front. When Whitley is better up front they win. When their backs are running down hill they will dominate and have huge games like their nearly 500 yards rushing against NL.
The second half was total domination by Whitley. I was expecting this from the start of the game but not sure if Whitley took North to lightly or by not starting Nelson and then bringing him in the second series caught Whitley off guard. Whitley made a nice adjustment defensively in the second half. Had hopes of a nice upset from North though at halftime, but that was quickly erased.
I know RIUTG will hang alot on the Pulaski-Whitley game from the scrimmage, but this game will be close. Whitley is a strong power team that is possibly the slowest team in the state. Pulaski has some speed and a very good passing game and that could spell trouble for Whitley.
Congratulations Whitley County!
Congrats Colonels way to take care of business
Congrats to North on a good season. You are headed in the right direction.
Congrats to Whitley County, North done what they could for a while.
The fumble at the beginning of the second half really hurt the MO for North and helped Whitley. Good luck to Bryant in college and Ysidro looks really good at Qb.
Congrats Colonels!
North has a good group of kids. Played with class .:Thumbs:
Congrats Whitley Co!
I expected this game to be closer.
Well looks like a rematch between the two of Pulaski and Whitley, I guess we will see how much each has improved.

North must have played better than most thought

Congrats to both teams on good seasons
hoops_town Wrote:The second half was total domination by Whitley. I was expecting this from the start of the game but not sure if Whitley took North to lightly or by not starting Nelson and then bringing him in the second series caught Whitley off guard. Whitley made a nice adjustment defensively in the second half. Had hopes of a nice upset from North though at halftime, but that was quickly erased.
I know RIUTG will hang alot on the Pulaski-Whitley game from the scrimmage, but this game will be close. Whitley is a strong power team that is possibly the slowest team in the state. Pulaski has some speed and a very good passing game and that could spell trouble for Whitley.

Were by no means the fastest team in the state but Ysidro and Mills are to of the fastest players in the area.
Both were injured last night, but Ysidro did play. Mills will be the fastest player on the field friday.
North Laurel, has been exciting to watch all year, they have some good players *young players (some of those kids were playing with injuries last night as well). Some are saying their Frosh/Jrs. will end up being the best North Laurel team they have ever fielded before it's over. Lots of fans are anxious for next season now building on the good season they had this year! Things are going in the right direction for the Blue & Green team! Congratulations, to the Jags & their coaching staff, job well done!
SLOW??? How did Bryant who is in the 250 range basicly out run 10 of 11 guys for North and only get caught because they had the angle on him....How does Ysidro split defenders and run like he did for something in the 230 range. I would agree that they are not the fastest team in the state, but I don't think you can call them slow. Slow teams don't rush for 495 yards against a solid defense like North.

I really like the North team, they played hard and with class. Whitley made better adjustments at the half and the fumble was big, but I am not sure it was the difference in the game. I think the Colonel defense stopping the big plays was the difference. Solid play and not giving up the big play stymied the North offense.

Congrats to both teams for a clean well played game.