Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Kidd, Brad Lowe, and Brandon May all three headed to Pikeville College.
Mr. Right Wrote:If they all started as Freshman, then yes, they wouldn't win a game.

But I was trying to imply that if that was the type of lineup they have in a few years, they'd be alright.
:thumpsup:
Read in the paper today that Kyle Rice from Johnson Central has also signed to play for Pikeville College. Congrats Kyle!
Pupaw Wrote:Read in the paper today that Kyle Rice from Johnson Central has also signed to play for Pikeville College. Congrats Kyle!
Congrats Kyle! Wish you the best of luck.:thumpsup:
congrats
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
JD If U Please Wrote:Lowe and Maynard could play at that level after a year of adjustment, the rest they would probably be Jr. or Sr's before they could compete.

IMHO I think Coach Wells is doing the right thing, get these young guys in and see if they are willing A)- to put in the work and B)- to have the ability to play against the G-towns and Cumberlands of the Mid-South.

An NAIA roster can be huge and include a JV schedule so lets not pass judgement just yet. I think all the guys signed can play at the NAIA level except Kidd, just my view.

Buddy your off your rocker if you dont think SHAWN THOMPSON or BRANDON MAY couldnt play at the next level before they are jr.

Did you even watch any of them play this year or years past, there is no doubt that they all could play at that level and not to same a small D-1 school.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Buddy your off your rocker if you dont think SHAWN THOMPSON or BRANDON MAY couldnt play at the next level before they are jr.

Did you even watch any of them play this year or years past, there is no doubt that they all could play at that level and not to same a small D-1 school.

Your off your rocker. Both those guys were bigger and stronger than almost everyone they played in the 15th, the majority of Thompsons points came in the POST, there are not 6'3" POST guys in college.

May can shoot when he is hot, but he will have to drop some pounds and get quicker, both will not play until they are JR's, maybe Soph's if they redshirt. May has gaurd skills, Thompson doesn't, plus they are going to have to be 2/3's in college, you think either of those guys can gaurd Silverhorn from Georgetown, or score 10 against him?

I am not downing the kids, but I don't think you realize what level the Mid-South is at in basketball.
JD If U Please Wrote:Your off your rocker. Both those guys were bigger and stronger than almost everyone they played in the 15th, the majority of Thompsons points came in the POST, there are not 6'3" POST guys in college.

May can shoot when he is hot, but he will have to drop some pounds and get quicker, both will not play until they are JR's, maybe Soph's if they redshirt. May has gaurd skills, Thompson doesn't, plus they are going to have to be 2/3's in college, you think either of those guys can gaurd Silverhorn from Georgetown, or score 10 against him?

I am not downing the kids, but I don't think you realize what level the Mid-South is at in basketball.
I have to agree with JD here. May is a big guard and might play at the next level given time. But Thompson must learn to play out on the floor at only 6'3. Centers that are 6'3 get swallowed alive in college!!
Congrats to all the players.
Lewis Barnette was also highly touted by PC.
Barnette is not a college player......Or atleast I dont think so....But is he going anywhere?