Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region Realignment
^
Yea, i hadnt heard anything on it.
McCracken will be 6A as far as I know.
It will be one of the largest schools in the state.
McCracken County (merger of Lone Oak, Heath and Reidland) will be a 6-A football school.

http://khsaa.org/football/final20112014alignment.pdf

CLASS 6A
District 1 - Daviess County, Henderson County, Marshall County, McCracken County (beginning 2013 season), Muhlenberg County (through 2012 season)
District 2 - Central Hardin, Meade County, Muhlenberg County (beginning 2013 season)
District 3 – Butler, Pleasure Ridge Park, Seneca, Southern
District 4 - DuPont Manual, Male, St. Xavier, Trinity (Louisville)
District 5 - Ballard, Eastern, Fern Creek, Oldham County
District 6 - Boone County, Campbell County, Dixie Heights, Ryle, Simon Kenton (*)
District 7 - Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Scott County
District 8 - George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central, Tates Creek
I have a really, really hard time seeing the Hardins (Central, North, John ... and E'town Independent) shipped off to the 3rd Region.

1) They would be the easternmost and northernmost teams in that region.
2) Not only do you have a haul ... but you have a time zone change.

Not that the KHSAA considers competitive balance (7th Region in soccer is absolutely loaded with 10 ranked teams while the 6th Region has ZERO), but I can't imagine those middle two districts in the 3rd would be thrilled with the Owensboro powers on the left and the Hardin powers to the right (E'town girls' basketball/soccer, Central Hardin volleyball/baseball/softball/soccer, John and North are both solid in boys' soccer and boys' basketball).

So you think the existing 3rd Region teams would be thrilled with more travel and tougher teams? Umm. No.
The KHSAA has only 1 request in realignment, no teams in the same region on a different time zones. Not sure how the western part of the state fits in but that would mean Green, Hart, Caverna and Adair all leave the 5th.
I believe there is consolidation planned in the 15th as well. Allen Central and South Floyd and possibly Betsy Layne will become Floyd Central in 2016.
^ Betsy Layne? Why would they join them when they just a brand new turf football field this year? Lol
Flyer fan Wrote:The KHSAA has only 1 request in realignment, no teams in the same region on a different time zones. Not sure how the western part of the state fits in but that would mean Green, Hart, Caverna and Adair all leave the 5th.

I've heard rumblings of Hart and Caverna being sent to the 4th. They border those schools and are in the same zone.

A Barren-Caverna-Glasgow-Hart district works. Not much travel. Counties border. Same time zone.

That being said, if Hart/Caverna and Green/Adair need to leave the 5th because they are central time zone teams in an Eastern region, you CANNOT send the Hardins to the 3rd, because then you have an Eastern district in a Central region.
I know Betsy Layne has/is fighting it. It may already be decided. From what I have heard it may not be their choice.
I hope they are not forced to consolidate.
True. Additions to the 5th would come from Bullitt County or from Anderson, Boyle Danville. Bullitt East would be a monster in the 5th.
The last I've heard about the consolidation in Floyd County was the plan has been approved to combine South Floyd and Allen Central only. Betsy Layne would remain open.
Glad to hear that.
Johnny Bench Wrote:I understand your point about the 6 team district and 19 team region, and it could be changed, but I have heard rumors that Red Bird may not be around much longer. If that's the case then the set up is good, but if they are going to stick around for a while to come and field a team then it could be changed. I think I would agree though that it will depend on how you set up the west.

I think you could make an argument for separating Cordia and Knott in the 14th - although on the one I redid, I did not. Cordia is probably closer to Hazard and Perry Central than it is to Knott Central when driving so you could argue to put them in that district.

True but they are still in Knott County, just across the Perry/Knott line. IMO they should stay in the same district as KCC.
I think the revised plan by Johnny Bench from the original poster, as concerned with the 8th region, is too wieldy. Te Franklin county schools fit, area wise with that region. To take them out and have Bullitt County schools going all the way to Grant County for regional games just does not make sense at all to me. Not when there are Franklin County schools who are closer to essentially every other school in that region.