Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes @ Ashland 11/2
What could be the last game at Ashlands historic Putnam stadium should be a dandy. Holmes big play ability vs Ashlands stingy defense.

I don't think the cats close Putnam with a loss

Ashland 28
Holmes 21
Holmes by 3 tds.
I like Ashland. 21-17
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:What could be the last game at Ashlands historic Putnam stadium should be a dandy. Holmes big play ability vs Ashlands stingy defense.

I don't think the cats close Putnam with a loss

Ashland 28
Holmes 21

If they do, look for NotsoBADCAT and TCP to commit hari kari.
Ashland
Aug 17, 12 Lawrence County home 51 - 20 (W) Click
Aug 24, 12 Raceland home 42 - 19 (W) Click
Aug 31, 12 George Washington, WV away 21 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 7, 12 Russell home 47 - 7 (W) Click
Sep 14, 12 Ironton, OH away 17 - 27 (L) Click
Sep 21, 12 Rowan County home 48 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Boyd County home 56 - 16 (W) Click
Oct 5, 12 Belfry home 35 - 20 (W) Click
Oct 12, 12 Greenup County away 56 - 8 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Johnson Central away 21 - 22 (L) Click (overtime)

Holmes
Aug 24, 12 Scott home 21 - 15 (W) no
Aug 31, 12 Beechwood away 33 - 21 (W) no
Sep 7, 12 Simon Kenton away 7 - 31 (L) no (called at halftime - lightning)
Sep 14, 12 Cooper away 0 - 29 (L) no
Sep 21, 12 Pendleton County away 64 - 7 (W) no (corrected score)
Sep 28, 12 Newport Central Catholic home 12 - 7 (W) no
Oct 5, 12 Harrison County away 14 - 0 (W) no
Oct 12, 12 Highlands home 28 - 57 (L) no
Oct 19, 12 Covington Catholic home 28 - 49 (L) no
Oct 26, 12 Holy Cross (Covington) home 50 - 0 (W) no
Why does anyone think that Holmes will be a challenge? Lost are the scores against HHS and Cov Cath. In those games, CCH was up 49-0 at the half, they put in 2's and 3's the 2nd half. HHS gave up 28 points when 1's and many 2's sat in Q1!
Stardust Wrote:Why does anyone think that Holmes will be a challenge? Lost are the scores against HHS and Cov Cath. In those games, CCH was up 49-0 at the half, they put in 2's and 3's the 2nd half. HHS gave up 28 points when 1's and many 2's sat in Q1!
To me giving up 31 in a half to Simon Kenton only beating Harrison 14-0 and the close game with NCC tell me this Is either a feast or famine football team. But hearing coach hart talk about them they are big and fast.
^ Big & Fast = yes! Technique and Discipline = No!

Coach Hart is talking coach-speak in case the unthinkable happens.......
Ashland should win this pretty easily. But ya never know what can happen. Go Tomcats though!
I think what your gonna see is Ashland being committed to not giving up the big play. Make the bulldogs drive the field and if they can beat us then so be it. But I think Ashland is going to force them to be consistent. Also with the circumstances surrounding the game I would say the Ashland team will be playing with a lot of emotion.
Stardust Wrote:^ Big & Fast = yes! Technique and Discipline = No!

Coach Hart is talking coach-speak in case the unthinkable happens.......

They are big.... And fat. They do have a couple speedsters who make big plays. I think Ashland wins 35-21.
Tom kittens close down the dungeon with a 34-7 win.
Ashland starters are not as good as Highlands and Covcath 2nd and 3rd string.
Holmes beating Harrison 14-0 indicates to me they are not a very good football team.

Ashland 42
Holmes 14
Holmes beat Ncc. Doesn't that mean they're good.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Holmes beating Harrison 14-0 indicates to me they are not a very good football team.

Ashland 42
Holmes 14

You said the same thing about the Mason/ Harrison score. Some times scoring margins don't tell the truth.
If my understanding of the brackets is correct, it is likely that the Holmes-Ashland game will be the last game played in historic Putnam Stadium (at least, the real Putnam Stadium before it is "defaced" by "progress").

Under these circumstances, it is difficult to believe that Ashland won't win. Thus, I pick Ashland.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Ashland starters are not as good as Highlands and Covcath 2nd and 3rd string.

That's just ridiculous. I haven't seen them play but Ashland is not bad there pretty solid. I would have to see there 3rd string beat our 1st.:lame:
Ashland 36--14
Wideleft01 Wrote:Holmes beat Ncc. Doesn't that mean they're good.

4a beating 2a by 5 means no. Ashland beat a Raceland team probably pretty even to NCC by 23
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If my understanding of the brackets is correct, it is likely that the Holmes-Ashland game will be the last game played in historic Putnam Stadium (at least, the real Putnam Stadium before it is "defaced" by "progress").

Under these circumstances, it is difficult to believe that Ashland won't win. Thus, I pick Ashland.
Ashland would get another home game if they met Cov Cath,Rowan,Harrison,or Boyd in the regional final as well as if they made the state semi's I'm bit saying anything like that will happen and It is probably the last game here.
I'll be rooting for Holmes like crazy, I think they'll put up one hell of a football fight (not an actual fight), but I think Ashland wins by 2 TDs
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:4a beating 2a by 5 means no. Ashland beat a Raceland team probably pretty even to NCC by 23

The number of A's in your classification mean nothing.
BADCAT74 Wrote:That's just ridiculous. I haven't seen them play but Ashland is not bad there pretty solid. I would have to see there 3rd string beat our 1st.:lame:

Ive heard their 3rd string freshmen could beat Ashland's freshmen too.

But that's just rumor. You all know how those are.
FBALL Wrote:The number of A's in your classification mean nothing.

It does when comparing top teams. A top 4A team should beat a top 2A team because they have so much more depth. The Fact that Holmes struggled with A NCC team that is good for 2A tells me that they are talented but inconsistent.
^ the same NCC that played a tougher schedule than many 4A schools have?
NCC historically has been better than Ashland Blazer. At least since Helmets have had a facemask.
toussaints Wrote:^ the same NCC that played a tougher schedule than many 4A schools have?

Not trying to knock NCC they are a very good 2A program. But if your expect to beat Ashland @ Ashland they are not a team you struggle with. NCC is not the same caliber team as Ashland or JC. NCC challenging themselves has set them up well in 2A to make a run. But for Holmes it means they aren't quite there in 4A yet even though they are improving.
Ill take Ashlnad at home, Tough place to get a W
Ashland going away with it.